News

25 Year Old Ghanaian Man Reportedly Joins ISIS

BellaNaija.com

Nazir-Nortei-Alema-4-620x400

A 25-year-old Ghanaian man named Nazir Nortei Alema is believed to have joined terrorist group, ISIS.

According to Sahara Reporters, Nazir is a a graduate of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), and holds a degree in Geography and Rural Development. Also, the publication states that he is feared to be one of 10 suspected Muslim youths from Ghana who have joined the terrorist group.

Alema’s family reportedly stated that on August 2nd, soon after completing the mandatory National Service in Ghana, he sent a WhatsApp message to his family stating that he was traveling to another part of Ghana on a job-related assignment.

However, Alema subsequently sent another message stating that he had lied about his whereabouts.

His father, Kabiru Alema is said to have disclosed the contents of the purported message:

“Pray for me, for I will never forget you in my prayer and it’s my hope and prayer that we meet again if not in this world then in Jannah (paradise). I love you all. May Allah grant us understanding and guide us all to the straight path. Asalaamu alaikum.

I told you a lie to please my Allah. The deception was to go do some research work in far away Prestea while the main idea was to move far away from you all to the Islamic State (IS). I know it might sound kind of crazy for you but your son really had to take this bold step to get out of the corrupt system of Ghana which has democracy first on its list.”

Photo Credit: Sahara Reporters/

1. Fabulous B

August 26, 2015 at 12:45 pm

What a pity. May GOD have mercy on him. I just feel sad for him

2. Ace

August 26, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Smh

3. hB

August 26, 2015 at 1:26 pm

I rather feel bad for his parent after raising a child with good family values and investing in his education, the reward he brings to you and the nation is to join a terrorist group in a name of religion. We will keep him in our prayers

4. jumibaby

August 26, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Ololshi!!!!

5. Mizzy

August 26, 2015 at 2:21 pm

jeeeeez………. wats goin on in d minds of dis fellows? God hlp d remaining children 4rm bin brainwashed

6. PRINCE

August 26, 2015 at 2:57 pm

God help him. After seeing all these sh*t about ISIS, some people still joins them.

7. mrs chidukane

August 26, 2015 at 3:17 pm

What is the allure? To carry knives and behead people? God forbid.

8. Mimi

August 26, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Egya Ntafuor ni gyimi3r eni nkwasiasem di3r. I mean look at the president mahama himself
    So full of shyt., Useless species. I guess these Ishmaelite descendants are a cursed group of people. Abraham is all your fault, you are hard headed, when God told you to have patient and wait you didnt wait you had to rush to go bone the useless maid who bore ishmael and now the world has never known peace since. They are a thorn in the flesh to the rest of the world.

What exactly do these muther fckers want that is my question. WHAT DO THEY WANT IN LIFE , that they wont let anybody have piece

• Ijebujesha

August 26, 2015 at 6:25 pm

This is a hate message and it is very inappropriate. The fact that some decide to follow their evil desires of killings should not get us this low as to castigate a large number of people- many of whom are even more decent and responsible than we are- primarily for their religious beliefs. You can be better than this, you should be better than this.

9. Zeeebby

August 26, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Raised in a good home, in comfort, went to a good university, got a sound education. Now that he has joined ISIS he will experience HELL on earth… his eyes will see wetin him mouth no fit talk…. if they dnt kill him, NA HIN LEG HE GO TAKE RUN BACK TO GHANA. I just feel so sad for the parents, such pain

10. Manny

August 26, 2015 at 5:48 pm

His eyes will soon see weeeen. Foolish boy.

11. Ty

August 27, 2015 at 5:46 am

we are all in shock! I sat in the same classroom with this kid in secondary school. Really bright guy and the last person I would imagine do this. May the almighty Allah bring him back to his family. Also people who associate this madness with all Muslims are just ignorant.

12. Oj

August 27, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Haba, why drag Abraham into this? Read your bible well o. Abraham did it because his wife pleaded with him to do so. Back then, it was the custom of a childless wife to beg her husband to impregnate her maid servant. The child of the maid is viewed as that of the wife. Rachel, Jacob’s wife did the same thing.

By the way, not all Muslims condone violence. Some are deeply pained by what they see/hear their fellow brethren do.

13. shegs kwame mills

August 28, 2015 at 1:30 am

may b he was lured with the money involve
    The Isis have a lot of wealth and give it’s fighters a huge sum of money
    I’m reli shocked at him