Events

All the Fab Photos from Ezinne Chinkata’s African-Victorian Themed Birthday Party!

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Monalisa Chinda & Ezinne Chinkata

Monalisa Chinda & Ezinne Chinkata

These photos are so fab and so African!

Celebrity stylist Ezinne Chinkata had her birthday recently and to celebrate she threw a lovely African-Victorian Themed birthday party with her friends and family in attendance.

For the event, Ezinne rocked a Custom made outfit by Odio Mimonet.

It looked like so much fun with most of the attendees interpreting the theme as best as they could from their wardrobes.

***

Kaka and Fred Allison

Ify Azubike, Ezinne Chinkata & Chinua Azubike

Ify Azubike, Ezinne Chinkata & Chinua Azubike

Ezinne Chinkata and mum, Clara Chinkata

Ezinne Chinkata and mum, Clara Chinkata

More Fab Guests!

IMG_6486 IMG_6507 IMG_6514 IMG_6550 IMG_6637 IMG_8918 IMG_9190 IMG_9007 IMG_9043 IMG_9047 IMG_9110 IMG_9157 IMG_9206 IMG_91731 IMG_91761

Time to Mingle!

IMG_6459 IMG_6466 IMG_6469 IMG_8914 IMG_8915 IMG_8942 IMG_8935 IMG_8934 IMG_6536 IMG_6628 IMG_6655 IMG_6518 IMG_6624 IMG_6673 IMG_6517 IMG_6626 IMG_6651 IMG_6652 IMG_6663 IMG_8933 IMG_8990 IMG_8992 IMG_91401 IMG_9205 IMG_9093 IMG_90961

Head over to Ezinne’s website (www.zinkata.com) for more details about the party.

Photo Credit: Zinkata.com

1. Unique

August 21, 2015 at 10:13 am

Lovely peeps, lovely event, lovely fashion sense except for few.

• kellyfavoured.

August 21, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Im not going to pretend i know what “african -victorian” is. #Nopunintended #ijustdontknow

• Ross

August 21, 2015 at 2:30 pm

I’ll probably join you and stay confused for the rest of the weekend!

• Rike

August 21, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Just think of the Victorian era and sew anything you see there in ankara. LOL.

• Osaretin

August 22, 2015 at 1:29 am

eZINEE, PLS PIT ON SOME WEIGHT. pls my dear. not asking u to be fat, but just a couple of kilos may work the magic for u.
      aunty latasha, reverse the instruction, and combine it with a stronger conviction.

2. ChiChiChilolo

August 21, 2015 at 10:13 am

And look at my Monalisa darline looking sweet and praise God Ezinne is looking better than that ankara + corporate she wore back. No be say this one fabulous sef with all these collar bones for display. Smh. And the guys are now going singletless too. Ok weldone Dimeji Alara.And here goes Moses Ebite. And lekwa ukwu Latasha Ngwube ooo. Ukwu of life! And Ejay is looking ok sha. Muaaah Isioma. You look sweet. Nneoma my lovelina. And Mrs Allison? Oga fun yin oooo. Anyway lovely cakes for chopulate.

3. whocares

August 21, 2015 at 10:21 am

http://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_9170.jpg- This gentleman is what happens when you have a convoluted theme for a party. “African Victorian” . People will try their best, and when it is not enough, they throw their hands to the heavens and give up. LOOL. Half the people there did not even bother to dress according to the theme. However, the few people that got it right, did it well. I supposed I understand to a certain degree what she was going for. It would have been fantastic if people put in more of an effort and were creative with their outfits. The photographs would have been beautiful.
    Monalisa’s hair is “bae”! I had edges once. Then I did kinky twists, and my hair dresser convinced me that if she did not braid the edges, the hair would not be fine and I would not look pretty. I wanted to look pretty.

• Erika

August 21, 2015 at 10:45 am

lol …and then all your edges chopped. Pele, I feel your pain as I have the same problem.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

August 21, 2015 at 5:21 pm

?? Getting my braids “did” next weekend after embarking on a 4-month quest to lovingly nurture my ‘fro over the summer… and failing woefully…

Will keep your sentiments in mind when her picking comb starts to inch towards my edges… ?

I love the party photos and how all her friends appeared to put some effort into delivering on Its very random theme. Happy birthday, Ezi, may The Lord fill your years with the goodness of life.

• whocares

August 21, 2015 at 7:18 pm

LMAO. My people, the struggle is sooo real. I did not know how creative I could be with hair styling until this happened to me. TLC for the hair until early October.

4. MOM

August 21, 2015 at 10:26 am

a very very hbd to you EZINNE. GOD BLESS YOUR ENDEVOURS

5. Zadera

August 21, 2015 at 10:28 am

HBD EZINNE.

6. DAME

August 21, 2015 at 10:28 am

Painful pictures to look through…thats what he cppens when we try to be “TUSH” and throw a couple of fancy names..what is ‘AFRICAN AND VICTORIAN” about these guests biko ???? Even the ” celebrity stylist” did not do justice to her own style. See the lady that wore a gladiator heel sandals wiith a thigh high gown..lady plueeze !
    I may not know it all but neeh epic fail for most of the guests

• Beefer

August 21, 2015 at 11:52 am

I tire o.

• step77

August 22, 2015 at 6:56 am

I second that, all I see is confusion confusion confusion, how does one couple Victorian with African, and by African what does she mean? I swear we Lagosians are on this band wagon -a runaway train to over-create so we dig deeper and deeper wanting to break every norm and push an imagined boundary of western-worlded’ness (yes i coined that) or creativity or should I call it originality.

It has taken on a life of its own, grown arms and legs and it is running and running… Now we have tea parties (under the scorching tropical sun), garden parties ( on artificial turfs with imported flowers to bring the staging to a perceived reality), we have summer and thanksgiving discounts, autumn/winter collections, we know every trending topic in the USA, watch all their shows and use their linguistic jargons in our mundane interactions, we serve hamburgers and yet turn up our nose to bread and akara kilode! We emulate the west so much that in our zeal to be the ‘trend setter/trailblazer/first-cracker’, we run amok with copy and paste and then end up stifling the very creativity that we crave. The pics above feature looks from pretty much every decade of the 20th century -and the 21st century (confusion), and then those who actually maybe researched the word ‘Victorian’ kind of came off looking awry. I mean did that guy have rain boots on? Did that girl have gladiators on? Naija peeps abeg una, stay una lane o.

7. jhno

August 21, 2015 at 10:28 am

8. mrs chidukane

August 21, 2015 at 10:32 am

I love costume parties. Congrats Ezinne, God bless and keep you!

9. Fabulicious

August 21, 2015 at 10:42 am

I love how 90 percent of them adhered to the dress code.A birthday girls dream guest.People that listen….lol.

10. Fabulicious

August 21, 2015 at 10:44 am

Some are a sorry sight though.

11. xtophar

August 21, 2015 at 10:51 am

Love the pictures but this was no party at all. Just an “event” with pictures being taken and food being eaten. I’d edit “time to mingle” to “to to dine”.

By the way, I love that Kelechi and Julia Amadi-Obi look more and more alike as the years go by. LOL! #howsposttobe *wink*

12. Dr. N

August 21, 2015 at 11:32 am

Fifemayo, lovely costume

• Mocha

August 21, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Yup! The Victorian vibes oozed off her outfit. And I loved the thme and loved looking through the pictures! The outfits were really creative and most guest put in great effort. 4 huge stars for me!

13. B

August 21, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Igbo Kwenu! A!

Happy birthday to Ezinne!

14. Frank

August 21, 2015 at 1:47 pm

MAN EZINNE CHINKATA IS HOT!!!

15. Que

August 21, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Moses Ebite……Bet whyyyyy????…….

16. zce

August 21, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Early Halloween party customes

17. lolarae

August 21, 2015 at 2:54 pm

epic fail for the party theme, great event deco, guest blaaah

18. Pat

August 21, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Aww Ezinne looking gorgeous., Happy Birthday 2 u. 🙂

19. loladegirl

August 21, 2015 at 3:21 pm

love what Ejay is wearing best dressed to me

20. God's own

August 21, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Happy birthday Ezinne! Fggc Owerri stays repping o!
    Fine babes Ezinne, Ihuoma, Nnenna class of 97! Everyone looking classy!
    Ejay! Asa nwa! Love your outfit! No be today you begin dey pose o!

21. love

August 21, 2015 at 5:52 pm

HBD..looks like fun was had and the Birthday girl was happy so thats great. On the other hand this is a reminder of why I personally don’t do themed party- its not easy to pull off and has to be on point or its a bit Alice in Wonderland-ish and some things just don’t make sense but…I also think Shakara couture would have been great at styling/decor for this kind of theme cos she’s amazing with such detailed period themes – ppl have me wondering if sarong/wrapper was part of the theme? or …never mind they all look like they are having fun and Ezinne looks happy- bless her and her lovely parents supporting!. PS. BKW 🙂 formerly known as BGT you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

22. J

August 21, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Ceejay Jibunoh looked like he would go riding after the shindig or he just wanted to show off his horse riding boots. I would too if I don’t have regular opportunity to wear them in Obodo Naija.??

23. A.D.A.

August 21, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Victorian for where? Even the decor doesn’t even try, so what’s the point?

24. frank teacher

August 22, 2015 at 12:17 pm

these pics tell me that Ezinne is friends with a lot of married couples, good for her.
    the Azubuikes (havent heard of u guys); you’re the best looking couple, very clean, young look.
    KC obi, i see madam for the first time, now I can let you take my pics, you’ve got a great eye…

25. Hauwa Dauda

August 23, 2015 at 10:40 am

Latasha Ngwube whyyyyyyyy?

26. Adah

September 3, 2015 at 11:49 am

Latasha worst dressed. Ezinne I love you for showing us you didnt fall from the moon. Family and non-media friends everywhere. Loving it.

27. JustJanet

September 15, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Just catching up on my BN events and my stomach hurts from the comments. Ezinne looks lovely but I’m not sure there was anything about her outfit that anyone would associate with what was happening in Africa in Victorian times. This theme is too silly and forced. Best dressed between Fifemayo and Ezinne. Worst between Mr Alison and Mr Jibuno. Strangest was the Aunty with the gold hat that wanted to win. The last picture of Ezinee with her parents is the most beautiful I have seen her.

Love that ‘unknown’ relatives and friends were there and that she is real not celeb affair and who is who of nollywood. Apart from the try-hard aunty nobody was close to the theme. Please who wore shorts in victorian times? Next time try a more sensible theme.

Happy belated birthday!