Relationships

Ups & Downs of the Lagos Dating Scene! Watch Yagazie Emezi’s Latest Vlog

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Yagazie EmeziWe love Yagazie Emezi’s VLog! She’s down to earth, dramatic and entertaining all in one.

Her latest VLog ‘Dating in Lagos’ gives her viewers a bit of uncensored insight into her dating life in Lagos.

Between jokes, she asks her viewers for their own tips and advice to meet men in Lagos without having to visit the typical night and party scenes that could lead to unwanted surprises!

She writes ‘I am partially joking, of course, but I would love for you all to share your stories and if possible, give a sister some tips on how to meet decent men who like wholesome activities like monopoly and visiting gardens. LOL!’

Watch the video below.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/YagazieEmezi

1. Adeanon

August 5, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Church.

You are such a cutie. btw

2. Kachi

August 5, 2015 at 2:02 pm

…but why is she shouting?

3. Uhuh?

August 5, 2015 at 2:12 pm

What is that on her nose, like an Arabian camel? Mtchewww….she looks dirty, clean up please.

• Alice

August 5, 2015 at 2:34 pm

dirty? i beg to differ

• kellyfavoured

August 5, 2015 at 2:42 pm

And thats the best you can come up with? #Longhiss

• ShayShay

August 5, 2015 at 2:56 pm

You most definitely have a problem. Why so negative??? Was this comment necessary?? Did it make you any more good looking?? Or richer?? Will you live any longer?? Sort your soul out ASAP-ish!

• Taa!

August 5, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Let me guess, she looks dirty because she has her natural texture? Taa! looks like your own insecurity is getting the best of you.

• TiredOfMeanIgnorantPeople

August 5, 2015 at 4:57 pm

You are an ASS!

4. ShayShay

August 5, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Twitter! Learning the art of ‘sliding into the dm’ is oh so essential these days.

5. Jay

August 5, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Be young, lightskinned (real or fake), appear dumb, submissive, meek, & wifey ready, like Amber Rose & Kim Kardashian, proclaim you enjoy being a maid to your man, wear several packets of long weave, plenty powder & eyeshadow, draw new eyebrows, wear ruby woo lipstick, like material things & attend weddings! Ways to date in Lagos.

• Eve

August 5, 2015 at 8:03 pm

Loooooooool… I haf die. U haf kill me. Draw new eye brow, u know… Hahahahaha

6. Duchess Maria

August 5, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Very cute girl.

Yaga please remain your authentic self. I don’t want to check back in 3 months down the line and you’ve collected british accent from nowhere. I love how you are yourself and you keep it real.

7. chi-e-z

August 5, 2015 at 2:46 pm

aww yaga what happened 2 her really smoking hawt bf. girlll how u messed that up. maybe this is an old video.I hope aww… I’m same just come 2 conclusion I’ll be single , alone cat lady 4ever 😀

• MC

August 6, 2015 at 12:06 am

How do you know that she was the one who “messed that up”

8. hmmmmm

August 5, 2015 at 3:04 pm

why are you so angry honey child?

9. Naomi

August 5, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Well Yagazie just be a pleasant person, fun, friendly and unassuming,
    dont think about “oh I’m going to a party what do i wear will there be fine boys there, or hmm look at the guy with range lemme wyne my waist around him.
    when u go to the beach play with water, laugh dont be a grouch, generally people dont want to be around cranky or grouchy people.
    Be optimistic but not naive, go out and eat, dont say oh lemme eat only salads so guys think I’m posh.
    Anywhere u go it doesnt matter just be cheerful not over eager. Have fun girl, and be comfortable with your single status, chances are you would be comfortable when u have a significant other too. Cheers…..

10. ITK

August 5, 2015 at 6:07 pm

so wat happened to ur oyibo man na??? oh ur father has been shouting about u marrying a black man and now u wanna act like naija dating scene is the prob??? tah, mechonu

u love oyibo men, so please shift out abeg. pretencious tin. in previous vids u claimed lagosians were this and dat. now u are rolling in the social scene with the same people u criticized……wheew!!1

I am still a fan tho, so all ye commenters abeg waka pass.

• Person

August 6, 2015 at 4:23 am

Don’t be silly! Her father married a Malaysian himself, hence her being Nigerian and Malaysian! You people are soo judgmental it is unbelievable. So what if she likes white man? And so? Eyin iyaale ookan, a ti ri yin o!

11. mgtss.blogspot.com

August 5, 2015 at 6:46 pm

She killed me with the last line, “guys this is not an advertisement, no its not…, maybe it is…, but its not” LOL! Nothing wrong with advertising sweets

12. xag

August 5, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Love at first sight for me but I’m too busy chasing the meaning of life around the world. This is the type of woman I would happily spend my time and money on. You have character , authenticity and an identity, not the multitude running around Lagos trying to fit one “Lagos It girl” profile so much so that they largely all look and act the same. I love it all, especially that real talk thing you’ve got going. Keep being you abeg, lots of men looking for what you have to offer.

13. lite

August 5, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Not that hard….. to date in lagos. Most don’t ask for much simple: how are educated are you? Who is in your social circle? What family are you from? All those light skin or bleach, Brazilian hair, play dumb and meek doesn’t apply to guys in the upper class of Lagos. I’ve seen all types of relationship s visiting Lagos and the most common denominator is social class or at least education.

Nigerian girls should count themselves lucky…. okonjo, abike, Iyabo obasanjo, madam oby, feminist chidinma even my baby GEN most no fit marry if they step foot in yankee looking for husband Walahi especially if hes black lol ! Lagos can be superficial based on social status but certainly not looks plenty of fat, dark or wor wor babe’s get married ALOT in LAGOS. Majority will not even attract a dude here in America sef no matter how rich or smart she is. When it comes to dating based on looks yankee has messed me up mentally.

• MC

August 6, 2015 at 12:13 am

I don’t know who the others are.
      …and didn’t quite understand your point(s).
      But!…excuse me if I’m wrong, but isn’t “feminist Chidinma” based in “yankee”, married and with child!?

14. Okay

August 5, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Yagazie, I know you will read this so I am talking to your directly. What’s your concern with Lagos men? All your boyfriends have been white men except for the first boyfriend you’ve ever had. It is obvious you like white men. Stick to them and leave Lagos men alone. The kind of women you are hanging around with in Lagos makes you look not so nice after all. Seriously Vanessa? What happened between you and Asiyami? You don’t hang out anymore? I know you are in Lagos and she’s in ATL .Did the whole hanging around to take care free pictures get old? If you love the African look so much then why aren’t you more into black men?

• Nuna

August 5, 2015 at 9:46 pm

See beef o! Please allow the girl to live. Leave her to date who she wants to date

• ITK

August 5, 2015 at 10:15 pm

yessssss!!! somebody else fels the same way as I do. you love oyibo and there is no crime with. just don’t bash our naija lagos boys abeg.

15. Sisi

August 5, 2015 at 11:09 pm

I am in your shoes my dear. I school in the Uk and come back often to nigeria. I dont have a large social group which i am trying to build now. I have a lot of love to give but there is no one to give. I have considered changing church but i am anglican n will want to remain like that for now till i get married. Please how do i meet single nigerian men in lagos or the uk

• Kiiki

August 6, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Hi Sisi, the right man with as much love to give, will find you okay? Have faith.

Also, on the social group thing, the ladies on BN are not bad at all. Hung out with a couple and had a blast. If you are in Lagos and free, holla!

• Sisi

August 7, 2015 at 1:44 am

Inbox me your number. This is my email address [email protected].

16. Wowee

August 6, 2015 at 9:14 am

I’m loving all the hate the people are bringing to this and you know that they’re all bitter girls who will still smile when they see Yaga. Keep up with creating gossip about and for her because you’re actually making her gist worthy and that helps in this Lagos scene! Lmao trolls

17. [email protected]

August 6, 2015 at 11:23 am

I LOVE THIS GIRL SO MUCH!

18. emeraldish

August 6, 2015 at 2:15 pm

i love yagazie emezi

19. Smart

August 6, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Anyone else think she’s boring?

• Kumi

August 6, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Just you lol. She’s a lot of things good and bad but boring isn’t on the list lol

20. TinderPro

August 6, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Tinder, Yagazie, Tinder!! Its loads of fun… and no, it does not need to be the hook-up app people make it out to be. You can meet interesting, funny… and yes sometimes weird guys. But you have the power to take these connections wherever you want to go from the lovely comfort of you phone 🙂

• [email protected]

August 7, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Dude, You hit the nail on the head! Nigerians need to be more open to Tinder! It’s not just for random hook ups, you can make it whatever you want it to be. But the point is that you always get a selection of men to ‘meet’. And you can always screen them before agreeing to go on dates. I’ve had one pervy experience but other than that, it’s been a great experience! And this i in Abuja, I wonder what the Lagos scene would be like. Hint: Tinder is especially interesting if you’re into non-Nigerian men. 😉

21. Sisi

August 7, 2015 at 1:45 am

@Kiki pls inbox your number or email.

• Baff

August 7, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Hi Sisi…in similar situation as you. Wanna be friends?