Scoop

Counting Down to Season 3 of ‘Being Mary Jane’ with Jill Scott & Loretta Devine as Guest Stars | Watch a Sneak Peek

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

29jan2015-1

The official countdown to season three of ‘Being Mary Jane’ with Gabrielle Union has started.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the show will premiere on Tuesday, Oct. 20 in its new time slot at 9 p.m. ET on BET.

EW has also exclusively revealed that Loretta Devine and Jill Scott will join the hard-hitting series as guest stars this season.

Creator and showrunner Mara Brock Akil tells EW “Season 3 is about new beginnings, putting lessons learned to the test, and of course healing. After receiving that phone call from David and getting into a car accident, Mary Jane has no other options but to work on her recovery from the accident, from toxic relationships, and from her self-destructive ways. It’s a season that will remind fans why they fell in love with Mary Jane to begin with. She’s flawed and somewhat broken, but watching her piece her life together is beautiful.”

See some behind the scene photos and the trailer below.

being-mary-jane-02-ew being-mary-jane-03-ew being-mary-jane-ew

1. Tithy

September 2, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Cant wait

2. Anony

September 2, 2015 at 8:27 pm

The show still running…..,,,,,

• Natu

September 2, 2015 at 9:20 pm

It seems like it. I can wait for how to get away with murders and empire.

• ATL's finest

September 2, 2015 at 10:07 pm

@ Natu me too. I can’t wait for Scandal and Empire to be back !!!!:)

• Becca

September 2, 2015 at 9:40 pm

It is sooo nothing special. Doesnt even have any unique angle to it just run of the mill blurb. Really wanted to like it coz of Gabby but meh.
      The first Season was so poorly edited and produced, I felt sorry for Gabby, she got this shody job after being turned down for Scandal lead (could never see her play Oliva tho, she’s too AA). The first scene of S2 where they were discussing being rich in Africa vs America really irked me, I tuned off & didn’t watch it again till there was nothing else to watch.

• Ogo

September 3, 2015 at 1:06 am

Not that scandal turned out to be anything special! That also turned out to be a colossal let-down

3. Woju

September 2, 2015 at 9:25 pm

It aint the same without Andre (Omari Hardwick) story line, last season was boring.

4. Woju

September 2, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Gini?
    DID HIS PEEEENIIS ENTER ANY HOLE IN YOUR BODY?
    CHAI, this woman (Shug) will not kill me with laughter 🙂 🙂

5. Fabulicious

September 2, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Haaaa,this show is still on.okay oooo

6. Cancel Reply

September 2, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Cant wait!!

7. jide

September 2, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Mary Jane the mordern day crazy chic with all the Celine handbags and pedigree to match. I can’t wait

8. Californiabawlar

September 2, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Yay!! I watch ANYTHING with black people in it!! (my Netflix watch-list is quite embarrassing) Apart from scandal…I find the ‘filter’ they use for the picture quality quite depressing. It washes all the black people’s skin out too….

9. jasmine

September 2, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Gab Union is just one hell of a good actor. Babe is good. Looking forward to it

10. Kems

September 2, 2015 at 11:37 pm

Season two was so boring

11. briana

September 3, 2015 at 12:51 am

Modern day and typical professional and educated AKATA slut

SEX defines everything for them, cant keep their knickers on for one minute.

Her whore ways turn me off. Its fkcing this person or fcking that person even in a gym shower and if person not available then dildos work. What kind of message is Mara Brock Akil sending

how bout keeping your fkcing legs closed and letting your overused vagina breath.

Mara you have no story line. Give it up. NOt all single black women are whores like Mary Jane.

• D

September 6, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Ode its fiction, it doesn’t have to portray EVERY single aspect of Every black woman. Take what you can relate to and move on.

12. g

September 3, 2015 at 1:36 am

I totally enjoy the show.
    People can relate.and true for people who carry Mary Jane character trait
    Mary Jane has carried the shoulder of being the perfect child with ambitions who doesn’t want to disappoint her family. She tries to be the perfect sibling, while focusing on her career and others. She forgets to take care of her self. Work on herself so she looks for all the short routes to get to that perfect family happiness she wants so badly.
    That’s why she complains about her relationships and looks for fault.
    Both seasons have been so good I can’t wait for more.
    Last season; you attract what you got – that control freak boyfriend who thought he could change Mary Jane is not different from Mary Jane who wants her guest room to look like a catalog.
    Her Dad’s advise – that hit home really well. He appreciates her love but she should love herself and work on herself not being perfect. Oh he delivered it so well brought tears to my eyes.
    Lots of girls subconsciously take on burdens and don’t know how to balance and love themselves. Societal pressure is not only in one culture it’s everywhere.
    The actors and directors are so good.
    When a best friend speaks to you disrespectfully and eyes is green with envy. Don’t be surprise she wants your life and has slept with your man. They are so bitter because they know they are just the cool off for the man and you are the real deal they want.
    One scene the way her best friend spoke to her and the jibes she was given , reminded me of a “friend” who slept with my then watever. I said ah looks like this girl has…
    Now they want to be the god’s in my life.
    There’s nothing new under the sun…
    Mary Jane is no different with the woman at the well. Had so many relationships and Jesus Christ told her I will quench that thirst… fill that void. Love and Acceptance.
    Looking forward as she tries to solve her puzzle. hahaha Mindy project is another fun one.. desperado singledom…

13. AnnieRose

September 3, 2015 at 9:57 am

@g. Thank you. You just conveyed my thoughts and more. For the ist time, i found a show that provided not just entertainment but also real life lessons. The Xter of Mary Jane depicts a large percentage of modern day African women with Hard core lessons on love, family, relationships ,career,acceptance etc. Just concluded season 2, definitely cannot wait for season3.

14. Uju Lilian Ikegbune

September 3, 2015 at 11:14 am

I cant wait! BMJ

15. D

September 6, 2015 at 6:01 pm

This show is sooo relate-able and GOOD! better than that foolish unrealistic scandal, lol It really portrays the struggles of the modern day successful black woman. I’m a huge show critique. I am not easily impressed by foolishness like scandal and the likes (Heaven forbid me ever watch Empire)
    Anyway i feel like BMJ is so underrated. I admit, the first couple of episodes weren’t that great but i think the story has found its direction. I look forward to many more episodes.