Scoop

Must Watch Video! It’s the Trailer for “Fifty” starring Omoni Oboli, Ireti Doyle, Nse Ikpe-Etim & Dakore Egbuson-Akande

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Fifty Movie BellaNaija

This is one movie we will be keeping an eye out for!

Ireti Doyle, Omoni Oboli, Dakore Akande and Nse Ikpe-Etim star in ‘Fifty’ from EbonyLife Films – a movie that pushes the boundaries to uncover the lives of Lagos’ contemporary and glamorous upper class, sharing the world of four women as they rise above adversity to stand as they truly are; modern African women.

Plot

FIFTY captures a few pivotal days in the lives of four Nigeria women at the pinnacle of their careers. Meet Tola, Elizabeth, Maria and Kate four friends forced at midlife to take inventory of their personal lives, while juggling careers and family against the sprawling backdrops of the upper middle-class neighbourhoods of Ikoyi and Victoria Island in Lagos. They live and work in the resurgent, ever-bustling, 24-hour megacity of Lagos, the commercial capital of Africa’s biggest and most vibrant economy.

Tola is a reality TV star whose marriage to lawyer Kunle never stood a chance thanks to an invidious family secret. Elizabeth is a celebrated obstetrician whose penchant for younger men has estranged her from her daughter. Forty-nine year-old Maria has an affair with a married man that results in an unexpected pregnancy and Kate’s battle with a life-threatening illness has plunged her into religious obsession.

Dakore Akande as Tola

Dakore Egbuson-Akande as Tola

Ireti Doyle as Elizabeth

Ireti Doyle as Elizabeth

Nse Ikpe Etim as Kate

Nse Ikpe Etim as Kate

Omoni Oboli as Maria

Omoni Oboli as Maria

The movie also has special guest appearances from music stars King Sunny Ade, Femi Kuti, Nneka, Tiwa Savage and Waje.

Other stars in the movie are Timini Egbuson, Wale Ojo, Emmanuel Ikubese, Kachi Nnochiri, Kemi ‘Lala’ Akindoju, Uzor Osimpa and more.

The production team includes Mo Abudu (Executive Producer), Biyi Bandele (Director), Tope Oshin Ogun (Producer) and Malcolm McLean (Director of Photography).

We can’t wait to see Tola, Elizabeth, Maria and Kate rise triumphantly to the challenges of contemporary life faced by women everywhere and remain unbowed.

Watch the trailer for the movie below.

The official premiere date for ‘Fifty’ in Lagos is December 13th, 2015.

For more information visit www.fiftythemovie.com

1. Dee

September 3, 2015 at 10:47 am

Jeeeez!!! All my favourite people- Nse, Dakore, Ireti!!! I’m super stoked!!!

• truthBeTold

September 4, 2015 at 1:36 am

Like seriously be still my heart!!!!!

• Debbs

September 9, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Emmanuel Ikebuese can’t act to save a million lives + he’s! Tueeeeh! A drop of ruin for that great looking picture

2. Uju Lilian Ikegbune

September 3, 2015 at 11:09 am

I cant wait, where is chommy my movie buddie, we shall see this movie together

3. Rude gal

September 3, 2015 at 11:10 am

Wow… my favorite ladies in one movie.. hmmmm. Bundle of beauties…waiting patiently for it.

4. babygiwa

September 3, 2015 at 11:13 am

Cast and crew are perfect. Some of my most adored Nollywood folks. I can’t wait to watch this.
    Dear Omosexy and Genevieve, majority of Nigerians may not regard these women as ‘queen(s) of nollywood’ but they truly are. There is more substance to their careers than being socialites. Seek out challenging but interesting roles to reinvent your careers.
    Nse, Dakore, Omoni and the awesome veteran herself, sisi Ireti, well done!

5. ThatAbiribaBae

September 3, 2015 at 11:25 am

OK I’m sold!!!! Thank God Naij was in my agenda for December 2015, yay!!!

• Kaydee

September 3, 2015 at 11:43 am

Kaa !!

6. Nolly

September 3, 2015 at 11:30 am

There’s absolutely nothing new about this story. The only reason people will watch is Nse (brilliant actress) & Dakore (loved by all). I think EL movies need to put more effort into their stories… Genny, by the way, has produced her own movie which will be out early next year. Omotola is also in a new tv series (the Island) Sometimes, it is good to set high standards for yourself especially in an industry that thrives on mediocrity.

• HIAN!

September 3, 2015 at 11:39 am

PLEASE SHUT UP. …..TENKING YOU

7. Debby

September 3, 2015 at 11:32 am

Breath taken, can’t wait to see the movie already….

8. aikay

September 3, 2015 at 11:36 am

OMG These divas are stunning can’t wait for the full movie. Definitely one of my xmas wish for this year. Ireti Doyle!!!!!!!!!!! you no dey old???????? Kai I remove cap for u. She is really giving these young stars serious competition. THUMBS UP…….

9. Beeeee

September 3, 2015 at 11:47 am

Looks good, I will definitely be watching!

10. Hmmm

September 3, 2015 at 11:55 am

Am I the only one that thinks this story might have something to do with Mo Abudu? Like Dakore’s character reminded me of her instantly. Can’t wait to see the movie though.

11. Tari

September 3, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Very disappointing trailer.
    Lots of bling and razzmatazz but very little substance. Just the usual jollof flick. There does not seem to be much to the storyline. I expected so much more from Biyi Bamidele.
    So this Mr. Nigeria guy is suddenly an actor too? It is well. Looks and star power forever dumping talent.

• Beeeee

September 3, 2015 at 12:38 pm

The Mr. Nigeria dude is actually a believable actor. He was very good on Taste of Love. I was impressed..

• Engoz

September 3, 2015 at 9:00 pm

I knew Mr. Nigeria as an actor first on Shuga Kenya with Lupita Nyongo before the pageant. So he did not ‘suddenly become an actor’ as you put it.

12. chiemeka Ugo

September 3, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Oh shut up @tari. just shut up your filthy mouth and hand. December 18th is too far, can’t wait to for this. This is breath of fresh air.

• Tari

September 3, 2015 at 2:29 pm

The filth you spew makes it impossible for me to join issues with you.
      You might be an adult but I can see a juvenile stuck inside you.
      What exactly is breathtaking here?
      The make-up or the fashion?
      Is it the quality or photography?
      All of these are top notch (although I find the make-up excessive on the females).
      Certainly not the story line as depicted in the trailer.
      No need discussing with you, these things are well above your level of understanding as I can see that you are easily excited.

Best wishes and I hope you find healing in real life outside the cyber world.

• chiemeka ugo

September 3, 2015 at 11:39 pm

@Tari do you know what? Go and write your own story/script, produce, cast your actors and actresses, crew, makeup artist, location and all you need to produce a movie. Write everything in details in form as a proposal. when you done contact me then i will fund it for you. Address your proposal to the Chief Executive Officer Celkon Media. I do not need to give you my contact details, just google the company name and get them. I will help you with finance and then when you are done, would definitely love to see how well your good in your craft.

13. francisca oma

September 3, 2015 at 12:26 pm

I have missed Dakore! And dis movie features women I admire in d industry. Cant wait 2 see dis one

14. Susue

September 3, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Trailer is sooooo good. Omoni was the only weak link for me, she’s the same in every movie!!!! Can’t wait sha…now shakin body!

15. Khole

September 3, 2015 at 12:36 pm

The photoshop di Lea very risky ?

16. Peaches77

September 3, 2015 at 12:55 pm

oh good! Seems like a little more effort was put into this. I think I will watch.

17. Libgirl

September 3, 2015 at 1:07 pm

This looks excellent, I can’t wait to see it.

18. Irene

September 3, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Ah I must watch oh. Anyone that watches hollywood movies regularly knows that this is a clear step up. I’m definitely excited

19. FeymuhzDeeza

September 3, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Can’t wait!

20. naana

September 3, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Ghana awaits you Fifty

21. Cici

September 3, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Very nice.

22. dayo

September 3, 2015 at 2:31 pm

…in this little teaser of a trailer one of the captions says…”African Women Like you Have never Seen them before”…are they really serious, or just out of their minds?! This movie shows African Women and African girls, as we have ALWAYS SEEN THEM BEFORE, and since the beginnings of Nollywood and Ghollywood:…sleeping around, getting pregnant out of wedlock, doing anything for money, enjoying abortions, and so on… Because there is nothing new in this movie, I BEG YOU MY BRODAS AND SISTAS, do not waste your precious time on this RUBBISH . Instead spend your time wisely by writing your own movie scripts. I am sure you have great ideas that are much more entertaining and family-friendly…AFRICAN STYLE!!!

• Tweek

September 5, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Seriously!!! You call it rubbish? Another person’s work is what you call rubbish? Oh wow! Cheers!!!

23. Cici

September 3, 2015 at 2:34 pm

No, fake accents or any such foolishness. Sheer good breed Nigerian elegance. Thumbs up, Mo.

24. Penelope

September 3, 2015 at 3:05 pm

All the basic and razz actresses should take a look at who we define as “GOOD ACTRESS” (not great but very good).

SO to the basics MEDIOCRE so called actresses You know who you are. If you like dare me i will mention names. 🙂 – instead of taking photos in dubai shopping malls and hotel rooms and instead buying brazilian weaves and shoes and bags use the money for acting classes.

I like the fact that Omoni and Nse only came in the industry less than 5 or 6 yrs ago but risen up so fast and now considered one of better actresses in better actresses. I can name a few who have been in since 10 – 15 yrs ago, since Sharon Stone or Blood Sisters days and yet still floating actin one razz role after the next .

I miss my Genny and cant wait to see her again on screen, i havent seen her in almost 3 yrs on screen.

25. Concerned_Boyfriend

September 3, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Finally a Nigerian movie I can watch!

26. Billionaire in grace

September 3, 2015 at 3:42 pm

I cant wait to see it

27. Teni

September 3, 2015 at 5:23 pm

Only Ireti Doyle can play 50. The rest are too young. A better title would have been “Forty.”

• temi

January 8, 2016 at 2:04 am

I thought the same as well when watching, the women looked like they in their 30s except Ireti

28. www.xplorenollywood.com

September 3, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I agree the trailer is the bomb and i love the fact that we have Nigeria’s best actresses in the mix. However, this is same ol, same ol! What makes this different from all the women movies out there? Our movies are actually very safe and flow along the same lines! Now i am not asking for action (wont mind if we have one though) but we need to task ourselves more, with something that we will be proud of and would be the talk of other countries. I am hopefully though and kudos goes to Ms. Abudu

29. Nollywood Fan-USA

September 3, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Wait to see the movie before judging people…Don’t forget the industry is only 20 years old Hollywood/Bollywood wasn’t near this good in their earlier days. You can argue this till you blue in the face. I am really proud of their achievements. It’s only going to get better. Can’t wait to see the movie…

30. nene

September 3, 2015 at 8:08 pm

it looks good. but it seems like it’s about mo abudu and her friends.

31. Noella

September 4, 2015 at 1:00 am

I am really tired of sensationalizing and glorifying the western way of life. These ppl being worshipped hate their lifestyle and travel out of the west i.e USA seeking simple and healthier lifestyles and cultures. There is nothing glorious about the lifestyle mental health issues abound depression and debauchery is at astronomical levels…give me the African themed rich cultural and down home movies any day with the likes of bruno iwuoha, diewait ikpechukwu. Enough of the worshipping and complex of the oyibo empty lifestyle it is redundant and lacklustre.

• DD

September 4, 2015 at 7:57 am

Very good and thought-provoking comment. Thanks.

32. Idomagirl

September 4, 2015 at 3:01 am

I can’t wait to see this. I’ve missed Dakore on my screen biko.

33. DD

September 4, 2015 at 8:02 am

I love each and every one of these actresses and will certainly see the movie for their performances, not necessarily for the storyline which sadly seems like nothing new.

34. Feyi

September 4, 2015 at 8:44 am

I really don’t understand why some people always have a negative comment to pass without blinking an eyelid. Please we all should always be positive minded and always see good in anything and everything. This does not rule out negative feedbacks but let it be meaningful and constructive, This trailer does not deserve blows just yet. No one has even seen the movie and to me all i see is fantastic ladies with good picture quality and clear and understandable diction. There is already too much hate in the world, lets all love the good more than we hate the bad. That is the way YOU can be different and help the world.
    Thanks all

35. Tunmi

September 4, 2015 at 11:36 pm

That is the only problem (so far). Both eyebrows were raised when I saw the cast. So which one of them is fifty or nearing it sef. It looks appealing. The story seems safe, yes. But it has Nse, Dakore, Ireti. Funlola Aofiyebu and Bimbo Akintola would have been icing on the cake.

36. jits

September 5, 2015 at 12:35 am

VI and Ikoyi-Upper middle class ke?

37. abegfacefront

September 11, 2015 at 7:14 pm

it is obvious the comments praising Genevieve and Omotola were posted by them and their family members!
    unfortunately your comments won’t change the fact that all four ladies in this movie have taken over nollywood and doing us proud..it’s like saying a movie which features the likes of cameron diaz, scarlett johanson or even angelina jolie is no good because Meg Ryan and Sharon stone are not in it.
    Omotola and Genevieve, no one asked you both to stop acting so don’t undermine the hard work of those that replaced you!
    mcheww jealousy girls living in their past dusty glory!

38. jo

December 22, 2015 at 11:47 am

This movie will be bad like all the others before them. The actresses are alright(not GREAT)but due to poor scripting, poor storylines, poor editing and just general BAD STORY sha, the movie will bomb. Nigerians need to work harder. If the trailer is this bad, how will the movie be…