News

From Gerrarra Here Mehn to Big Bucks! Francis Odega grabs Etisalat Deal

BellaNaija.com

Gerara HereAnyone who is an active member of the Nigerian social media space knows him!
He is the man behind the viral “Gerrarra Here Mehn” video.

Francis Odega has been an actor on the Nollywood scene for over a decade. However, when a clip from a movie scene went majorly viral online, his status skyrocketed.

Watch

The online fame has paid off as telecomms company Etisalat has signed Francis up as a brand ambassador and he features in a new ad for the brand.

Check out the ad below or do me a favour and Gerrarra Here Mehnnnn.

Gerara Here 2

1. L

September 1, 2015 at 5:09 pm

??? happy for him!

2. Francis' loyal fan

September 1, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I am so happy for him . It is about time for the ones who have paid their dues to get recognized and be rewarded.. gerrarahere Francis…nothing do you jare

3. poison ivy

September 1, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Yay!!…….that’s the way foward, mehnnn shit mehnnn
    Am so happy for him, nice one Etisalat

4. ethel

September 1, 2015 at 5:22 pm

NICE

5. Bola

September 1, 2015 at 5:23 pm

The beauty of social media….so happy for mr gerrahere

6. p

September 1, 2015 at 5:24 pm

lmao.. the part he was ticking their names lol….. halla!!!

7. The Naija Teacher

September 1, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Awwwwwwwww! Oh wow! Congratulations! Goes to show that hard work eventually,one day one day, surely pays off. thenaijateacher.com/how-safe-are-cartoons-these-days/ MUST READ!

8. keechi

September 1, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Yes! Finally! I was wondering when he was gonna start getting paid for his trademark statement coz I been seeing pple using it to make tshirts, caps, etc and I wonder if he gets a cut from it. So this is great!!

9. victor

September 1, 2015 at 5:56 pm

when it’s your time Nothing can stop you not even the devil himself…just keep the spirit moving NEVER GIVE UP

10. been there

September 1, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Congrats to him….HArdwork and consistency pays off in the end. I remember his interview on ‘Anyanwu ututu’ where he was talking about humility and the reward for paying your dues in the industry. Well Mr. Odega, obago nwanne

11. Ona

September 1, 2015 at 6:13 pm

I am sooooooo happy for this guy! I was praying that this will propel him to greater heights. God bless whomever that posted that clip on social media. I have always found francis very funny but felt he was underrated. Glad to see his hardwork over all these yrs finally pay off.

12. Anony

September 1, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Halla……(Holla)…….lol…..

13. Fabulicious

September 1, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Hallllla,…hahahahahahaha. Francis Odega is hilarious. Thank God for him.

14. nene

September 1, 2015 at 7:15 pm

so happy for him. he’s been acting for a while and he’s one of the best comedic actors.

15. flo

September 1, 2015 at 7:23 pm

This is sooo wonderful! Thank God for social media!

16. olly

September 1, 2015 at 7:27 pm

this ad is tooooo funny mehn shii

17. Odi

September 1, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Yayyyyyyyy!!!! Couldn’t be more excited for you francis! Haaala! Any EP coming on this thread, in igbo.. si ebe a puo!!!

18. Demash

September 1, 2015 at 7:58 pm

That’s great. This guy has been acting for a while. His catch phrase in a soap he used to be a long while was “it isn’t easy”

19. Belle

September 1, 2015 at 8:31 pm

I’m so happy for this guy, it’s great to see him capitalised on his trade mark. This skit always makes me laugh and put me in a happy mood and it’s absolutely great to see the man behind it gets rewarded.

Waiting for Igwe 2Pac’s turn.

20. Idomagirl

September 1, 2015 at 8:34 pm

I was waiting patiently to hear gerrarahere!!! ???
    I’m so happy for him, this man has been acting for a lonnnng time! ???

21. B.E

September 1, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Love this….miss my etisalat fam! well done guys x

22. social media 9

September 1, 2015 at 9:17 pm

luv this advert! . now that is true talent. this guy is such a good actor!. keep it ip bruv, about time, you deserve it . wishing lots more your way.

23. sir mario

September 1, 2015 at 10:49 pm

awwwwwwww am so happy 4 him,more of it bruh..udo..

24. Aba is Good Online Magazine

September 1, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Interesting! Thank God for him. I wish him all the best. It is not easy to land such contract with a multinational company

25. ATL's finest

September 1, 2015 at 11:54 pm

Gerara here lmao!!! I always here folks say it or type it in a comment but I never knew it came from here. Well done phone company at least d job done by a great actor instead of using one of those fancy actor like I call it. Congrats and two finger snaps for me.

26. Lou

September 2, 2015 at 3:47 am

Congrats to him and thanks to Etisalat for recognizing talent.

27. ify

September 2, 2015 at 7:51 am

Hahah he alwyas crack me up, there is one film he acted his name is obele o obele till date , that’s what we call him in my house , funny guy , congrats the advert is hilarious

28. Geeeeeee

September 2, 2015 at 7:57 am

Haaala, let me tell you sunthon…lol, this guy is a clown.

29. cheryl

September 2, 2015 at 8:54 am

hahahah, nice one Etisalat, its gud u guys take dis advantage b4 another ntwrk will scoop him off lyk dey did with Saka, dis guy has been on etisalat advert buh nt well recognised as he is now, nice one

30. ify

September 2, 2015 at 9:19 am

congratz!! his jokes are so natural, with his facial expression. Kudos Man.

31. Haddy

September 2, 2015 at 9:21 am

Awwwwwwwwwww! This is great news!!! So happy for you, Francis Odega. Finally your hard work paid off. I pray for more for you. When I watched the ad for the first time on TV, I was so glad for him. Wish you well Sir.

32. Ada Nnewi

September 2, 2015 at 4:31 pm

LMAO! This was too funny…

33. Cruise

September 2, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Wollup wollup! Halla! ✌ Wait… lemme tell you someIN, but I’m gona tell you someIN…SHHHHIII

34. Love

September 2, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Get it! Well done Mr Odega….that clip is a guaranteed laugh for me even after watching it so many times and laughter is good for the soul. Absolutely love it!

35. mabel

September 2, 2015 at 8:16 pm

I have always loved this guy. His humour is not forced at all. He is funny. The first time I saw him in a movie was in the movie ‘Christmas chicken’ starring Okey Bakassi and Patience Ozokwo. I laughed sooo much. Congrats. No force can stop you when it’s your time.

36. adelegirl

September 2, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Watched the original gerrarehere clip again and almost peed on myself laughing! 😀 :’) So pleased for Mr Odega. When it’s your turn to shine, nothing can stop the shinning really. The movir he used this line in is so old and I doubt many people have even seen it before and I won’t be surprised if he was paid pittance for his role. Yey see how many years down the line, he’s reaping the rewards of his labour.

37. Djp

September 21, 2015 at 10:03 am

Hi Djp2000 is Francis odega pal 4rm way back he lost his contact ,plz any1 who has his number can u email me

38. kingtappa

December 10, 2015 at 7:08 pm

One of the natural jokers and comedian in the nollywood.. keep my own share boss!! Gerara here mehn.

39. nonso

December 27, 2015 at 12:16 pm

pple say he is my look alike….mr. gerrarahere menn…kudos to u…u really earned it

40. ty (typearls lifestyle)

October 5, 2016 at 1:17 am