News

Olu Falae Abduction Saga: Family Member Alleges Ransom was Paid for Release

BellaNaija.com

IG

There are conflicting accounts about how exactly former Secretary of the Government of the Federation, Olu Falae, was released from his captors.

You will recall that Inspector General of Police (IGP), Solomon Arase, on Thursday said that no ransom was paid for Falae’s release.

And now, one of Falae’s family members has reportedly told Sun that con­trary to police authorities’ claims, a ransom was indeed paid before Fa­lae was released.

“Police did not have any input in Baba’s release,” the source reportedly said.

I wonder why people don’t investigate well be­fore talking. It will be very unfair to give any kudos to the police over Chief Fa­lae’s release having being held hostage for four days.

If we relied on Police to rescue Baba and ignored his abductors on the ran­som they demanded by now we would have been telling another story. But we thank God our Baba came back alive.

So, in this kind of de­velopment, we should wait and be listening to the po­lice? My brother, forget. As far as I know, the police didn’t play any role in his release. The family played ball with the abductors, and they took him back to his farm where he was kid­napped and dropped him there. “Baba even said it when he got home that af­ter the abductors had con­cluded their arrangements with his family, they took him back to his farm at Ila­do and dropped him there.

Baba said when his abductors dropped him, he trekked several kilo­meters from his farm to a hotel in owo where he met some policemen and in­troduced himself as Chief Olu Falae. That was how the Police got to know of his release and hijacked the whole process as if they are the one who rescued him. Only an unreasonable person will still give kudos to the police for the Chief’s release. We know who and who we should thank, not the police.”

1. Busarni

September 28, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Don’t worry , we never believed Nigeria olopa. Smh… CHANJIIIIII. But what do I know; @nene are you there?

2. ebet

September 28, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Omenachaichai!

3. yellow sisi

September 28, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Eeehhh,even the way that IG was responding to the press will show you that he is a legal crook.all his answers were no comment! no comment!.

4. Temitayo

September 28, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Naija police, “very efficient” and professional – I knew they rescued Baba with their Helicopter, someone was even dispatched with the Police Helicopter to get hot pounded yam and goat meat for Baba while he waited for the car to carry him home to his family.

5. kelechi

September 28, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Why are they lying nowwwww

6. ElessarisEllendil

September 28, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Obviously kidnappers are not in the releasing kidnap victims for free business, didn’t Sherlock Holmes to figure that out.

7. Tee

September 28, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Nigerian police useless set of people. That is how one wanted to arrest me that my car was in front of dere gate. Meanwhile I was held up in traffic infront of dere gate. He just started hitting my car I didn’t even understand what was happening. Next thing he said I was trying to run him down with my car. Do I have biz being infront of a police station entrance if not for oniru traffic. A simple pls don’t block our entrance wld have been enuf. Next thing I was told to enter d station. I refused to enter d main office dou, just stayed in my car. Den remembered I knew sm1 dat knew d DPO. They just did dat shit to make me suffer. Give police N5 of my money. It”ll never happen.

8. BB

September 28, 2015 at 10:31 pm

I don’t know y Nigeria top officials like to lie ojukoroju lie…haba????na so dem say Saraki was not stoned at at all….even wen its on tape…hmmmn

9. mabel

September 29, 2015 at 10:43 am

Did I not state it here when BN featured that police story? Nigeria police eh can lie. They have never rescued any victim on their own before. NEVER