News

65 Year Old Lagos Pastor Seeks Dissolution of 32 Year Marriage over Constant Beating by Wife

BellaNaija.com

dreamstime_xl_30513067

A 65-year-old pastor, Kunle, is seeking to be divorced from his wife of 32 years over alleged battery.

According to Daily Post, he told an Igando customary court:

Anytime we have misunderstanding, she can beat the hell out of me.

“Most times, it is our neighbours that always come to rescue me from her hands,” he said, describing his wife as a ‘’troublemaker and a fighter’ My wife’s hobby is fighting; she fights me and neighbours regularly, and because of her frequent fighting, we are always ejected from any house we rented.

His wife, Titi, refuted the allegation, stating:

“I have not raised my hands towards my husband since the beginning of our marriage. When I got pregnant for our sixth child, he denied the pregnancy; he went to my family in the village and told them that I was carrying a bastard child and that they should come and take me.

He refused to give me money for ante-natal; so, I delivered my baby in the house. It is our first born that has been training the boy till now.”

Titi, who is a mother of six, also alleged that  Kunle wants to divorce her so he can marry another woman. However,  asked the court not to grant her husband’s wish as she still loves him.

The case has been adjourned till November 16.

Photo CreditSavannah1969/Dreamstime.com *Photo is for illustrative purposes only*

1. gwen

October 30, 2015 at 11:26 am

OMG….

2. victor's angel

October 30, 2015 at 11:38 am

Lord God, forgive us for not practising marriage as ordained by you!!!

3. gwen

October 30, 2015 at 11:40 am

OMG!

4. Kadara

October 30, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Abeg please leave her, there is no duplicate for life. She’s a mad woman and dosent deserve you if it’s true

5. beauty

October 30, 2015 at 2:29 pm

The headline of this post actually got me laughing,.. but on a serious note battery in marriage on any party is wrong!

6. Sherlie Holmes

October 30, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Unfortunately, domestic abuse from a woman isn’t usually exposed, but definitely exists. Few men are bold enough to admit it…I actually believe him. Poor thing 🙁

7. jaybird

October 30, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Na Wa. If. She’s to b believed, She wants to remain wt someone who has financially and emotionally abandoned her. What’s still attracting her to d marriage?

8. Puzzles

October 30, 2015 at 4:09 pm

‘….. alleged that Kunle wants to divorce her so he can marry another woman. However, she asked the court not to grant her husband’s wish as she still loves him.’

i hate reading this statement. You claim your husband is lying about the beating, he is cheating and wants to marry another woman, but you still want the marriage? You still love him?

Why naija women dey fall my hand like this?

9. ATL's finest

October 30, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Dear Lord! When I thought I have read it ALL

10. Is this linda ikeji blog???

October 31, 2015 at 4:21 am

Bella naija once upon a time there used to be a time whn ur blog had filters. Dnt gt me wrng we need to b enlightend on marriage battery n abuse but ur posts of late ehn now makes ur blog look like linda ikeji …

BellaNaija.com

October 31, 2015 at 8:40 am

LIB is a great site. BN features a mix of content, browse around and you will find something you love. Check out our Inspired section -http://www.bellanaija.com/inspired/

11. Pink

November 4, 2015 at 5:59 am

I respect BN for this comment. Mature and professional!