News

A BellaNaijarian’s Shocking Account of her Attempted Kidnapping in Lagos

BellaNaija.com

dreamstime_s_47558302A BellaNaijarian’s shared this account of an attempted kidnapping that left us aghast. She wants the BellaNaija family to be cautious in these ‘-ember’ months, especially as road robberies seem to have been on the rise lately, even today.

Here’s a summary of the shocking tale.

The woman was leaving a popular shopping mall in Lagos. When she got to her car, she saw one of her tires slashed. A friendly, well-dressed and articulate young man showed up like a knight in shining armor to help her. After assisting her, he eagerly asked for a ride to his car, parked near the entrance of the mall. Before she could say “Yes”, he had already dropped his bag in her front seat. Sensing something was amiss, the woman excused herself for an errand.

The lady then covertly approached a parking attendant/security guard and relayed her experience. The security guard escorted her to her car, but the young man who valiantly came to her ‘rescue’, was nowhere to be found!

The car owner and guard then searched the contents of the seemingly ‘Good Samaritan’s’ bag. In it was a rope, a mysterious spray can and a knife. It seems she had narrowly escaped a kidnapping or perhaps, worse.

Photo Credit: Rocketclips, Inc. | Dreamstime.com

1. Mos

October 30, 2015 at 4:13 pm

thank God for her life. she is a smart woman

2. nawaoh

October 30, 2015 at 4:17 pm

May God deliver us from evil. Amen! Thank you Lord for safety.

3. ibi

October 30, 2015 at 4:18 pm

wow! thank God for his faithfulness.
    and thanks for sharing your story with us.

4. brown-ice

October 30, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Wow! OMFG!! God be praised!!! The plan of the enemy will not prevail over our lives, family’s, loved ones, friends and well wishers. Can I get an Amen somebody?

• elue

October 30, 2015 at 10:34 pm

OMFG????

• Tosin

October 31, 2015 at 5:19 am

Amin

5. Makinde Azeez

October 30, 2015 at 4:19 pm

This is indeed an Eye Opener….

Something Similar Happened last week.. Read Below:-

I don’t know what to call this, an art of implication or fraud.
    My dad and I were coming back from office, we saw a police man that stopped us and pleaded to carry him to his check point, my dad being a kind man allowed him in and then told me to come and seat with him at the back seat so the official can seat in the front with the driver. We never got to any check point before the policeman said he’s okay here that he should alight..
    We dropped him, then we saw two bullets rolled down from underneath the front seat to my dads leg, we were not conscious, he was like what a pity this man forgot a bullet, we couldn’t turn back and give the bullet back so he took it and threw it out from the window. We got to police checkpoint they stopped us, asked for some particulars, though our glass was tinted they asked for that too, the man checking the particulars insisted it was a stop and search we should come down, then I started thanking God that what if we never found the bullet..
    They searched and searched and found nothing they made a signal and one guy went a feet ahead to make a call, came back annoyed then my dad knew what was going on, I’m pretty sure he never thought of the bullet then he said haven’t you searched enough and then they let us go.. That was wen he said did they want to implicate me or what when i was thinking they forgot a bullet..

It’s not a joking stuff o.. Please be security aware

Be Careful Nigerians!!!

• ATL's finest

October 30, 2015 at 5:02 pm

@ Makinde Azeez! Whao arent U lucky and your dad lucky? He could even be a fake ass cop in Uniform working with them. Christmas Don they come Nigeria evil-doers blood Don dey boil. May God continue to protect US & our FAM IJN Amen.

• Missappleberry

October 30, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Wow! God’s angels must have been working overtime in your car that day. Just imagining what would have happened if the bullets were not found and thrown out of the window. Infact sef, no more doing any good samaritan moves this ember months. This article is enough lesson for the wise. God protect us all.

• Donthavetimeforrubbish

October 31, 2015 at 3:39 am

A while ago I was with an older bros of mine who works for a security outfit, he told me “do not trust policemen, most especially at night”..I asked why…he said..”who do you think are the armed robbers that rob at night”…I found this hard to believe but after hearing this story, I think I now know why he said do not trust policemen. People, be alert and suspicious at all times!

6. Yins lizzy

October 30, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Tank God for Wisdom to overcome ooo, we reject any form of evil news AMEN

7. lalaq

October 30, 2015 at 4:44 pm

I wonder why BN will not name the mall.If it is abroad, they will name the mall and the car sef.Its only in nigeria that someone will be protecting bad things,its not like it will spoil market for the mall. look at chocolate royal, people still go there after the report of expired products.Let the people doing the kidnapping know their location has been outsted.This report did not help anybody.

• lola

October 30, 2015 at 5:37 pm

I wonder too. They should mention where this incident occurred. So shoppers at that mall can be extra careful.

8. deb

October 30, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Bella naija; why not mention the name of the mall so the management of the mall can also beef up security!!!

9. Dr. N

October 30, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Meen! It is good to watch cop movies O ! How come she trusted her gut n worked on it? Praise God for his deliverance

• ATL's finest

October 30, 2015 at 6:47 pm

@ Dr N Aloha!!!!? Amen oo & U ‘re right

10. Osasodia1

October 30, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Thank u Jesus!!! Madam that was very smart and proactive of you. God continue to protect u n us all from evil.
    I advice u to be very prayerful, careful n watchful cos you dont really kno their mission.

11. SWAGG1

October 30, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Its called thinking on your feet . Good job lady.

12. Tito

October 30, 2015 at 7:29 pm

One has to be careful with rendering help in Nigeria these days, you need the Holy Spirit to guide you + plus always listen to your instincts, it is there for a purpose.

13. PRINCE WILFRED

October 30, 2015 at 7:49 pm

attempt? lol i just dey laff when the person know say money dey involve?

14. TANTRA

October 30, 2015 at 9:24 pm

I read this same story two years ago. I also read it again recently. Is the scenario being re-acted or is it still one story? BN narrator, did it really happen to you or are you sharing this old story generally for people to be more careful? In the initial story, the victim said it was at the Palms shopping mall or so in Lagos.

BellaNaija.com

October 30, 2015 at 10:41 pm

That’s really interesting. According to the narrator of the story, it happened to her within the last week. In any case, we should all be careful.

• saywhat

October 30, 2015 at 11:56 pm

@Tantra …. yes oh! i got a whatsapp message with a very similar storyline to this one!

• Martina

October 31, 2015 at 2:00 am

This story started off in America as a kidnap attempt in an American mall, then about 2-3 years ago it migrated to Naija and became a Palms Mall story. It is an Internet legend and I don’t know why BN is allowing it to be rehashed in this way. I’ve wondered why the young man in the story didn’t take his bag while he was taking off but I digress. However, whether true or not, from the things happening now and other stories in the comments, bad things are definitely happening and we all need to be very cautious in all circumstances, prayerful and aware of our environment so we do not become victims. May the Lord continue to protect us and our loved ones!

15. word!

October 30, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I’ll also share a certain story I read about in a magazine, before than. A little advice, biko!
    Being smart is another thing, assuming God doesn’t exist I would fully say it was common sense that saved this woman, common sense! Common “fine girl’ can run some people’s head to pieces. A little compliment has already messed with their head, biko relax! I’m sure a high school kid hears that over a hundred times on way back from school. Like many other girls, I cannot count how many peugot, honda or hilux that has offered to give me a ride. I no get car oh, but I’d rather trek on a road I’m familiar with, than in a vehicle and with someone I’ve never met in my life. Abeg, that risk is too cheap, I can’t settle for it. Haha, I also love when they call you “fine girl” and then reverse it when you’ve refused them. And please, the kind of people You help or assist is another thing. You must not give everyone a ride home, you must not pick up their money for them when it drops. You must not always make friends with someone who says a simple “hey, nice shoes”. And it would be waaayyyyyy easier if you have God.
    Here’s the story btw –
    A man was coming home from a church crusade, when he was about to stop a cab he had this uneasy feeling (might be his guts like the lady too, or God helping him) he felt very uneasy, but still stopped the cab and got in. After a while, the driver, the two other passengers that were in the car before his arrival started singing this very strange song. He was scared and asked them to drop him, no’one answered. Until the driver later told him that they were blood-sucking agents and wanted more to feed themselves. And if he agrees to go with them to the nearest town, they’ll spare his life. He agreed for fear of death, but silently prayed and when they got to the town, he quickly got out and ran out, screaming “they lied when they said they would spare his life’. This is a true life story I read in a christian magazine. It happened in Ghana.
    In life, there are obviously things we have zero control over! That is where God comes in. Does anyone plan for death? No! But it happens. If you are christian, trust him. Give him your heart. He has all of us!
    Oh btw, abeg some of us no get “corp film” for house. So if you’re with me when I say “share more stories” say Aye!!!

• Mabel

October 30, 2015 at 10:48 pm

Nice Halloween story.

16. Wale

October 30, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Always go with your gut feeling. That first voice inside of you is your guardian angel trust it.

17. Jay

October 30, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Praise God
    Bet o…. I believe d mall should be palms or ikeja mall. But I believe palms cos this is a common occurence there. We all should ne careful n alerr

18. MissBonnie

October 31, 2015 at 7:56 am

Thanks BellaNaija for sharing. Ladies please if this ever happens and you are in a parking lot or its at least day time . Please call someone you are familiar with. If it’s a shopping mall, I’m sure the security men will be willing to help . If it’s a night , park the car and get a cab ASAP !! You can come back with your husband/Dad/ Brother to get the car and my personal favorite if you get a flat tyre at night while driving ..Don’t stop keep driving . It’s just a tyre , your life costs way more .

Get Easy Taxi / Uber on your phone . A cab company that is always available. Lagos, Nigeria and the world isn’t safe anymore these days . Please be careful . God bless and keep us all

19. hope

October 31, 2015 at 8:14 am

I tried ooo

20. JayJay

October 31, 2015 at 3:09 pm

For the love of Pete!! Bella naija, Please TRY to come up with ORIGINAL stories. Don’t shoot yourself and your rep in the foot. I have seen this story before, maybe last year…..and NO, it was NOT in Naija.
    Eeesh.