News

Breaking: Mobbing reported on Third Mainland Bridge | Police on the Scene

BellaNaija.com

Eye witnesses reported mobbing on Third Mainland Bridge this evening.
There are currently mixed reports on the cause of the situation. However, armed Police is on the scene and the situation is under control though has caused heavy traffic.

Below are tweets from various Lagosians

1. Luvnaija

October 22, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Robbers are robbing, Ambode is clubbing…

• Sugar

October 23, 2015 at 2:24 pm

I’ll rather say Ambode is snapping. He likes pictures am sure that is what he’s doing now as lagos is turning upside down.

2. Tosin

October 22, 2015 at 7:58 pm

my people have really really been suffering abeg. if you see the semi-suicidal things people have been doing in the past six months – how many fights over fuel, how many want to die over change (20 naira, 50 naira) that would have exercised some chill one year ago,
    …and any one can assume that one day one day, they will stop fighting each other and start attacking the rich.
    and much as i love naija, when wahala bursts, let me assure you that i will be among the first to flee the scene. because ‘it wasn’t me’ , ‘i didin did it’

Buhari, put some talented people to get something done economically. if na bridge you wan build, ki o maa build. bo ba je power lo fe se, k’o maa see… abi, ewo ni were everyday? (DaGrin)
    Ambode, we know it’s raining extra long this year, but that doesn’t mean that the highway should collapse into Hades without some kind of measure. Everybody should just vex, to be honest, but they’re not at that point yet.
    Please it’s not too late for anybody to surrender and hand over to deputies if they don’t know what they’re doing.

3. ATL's finest

October 22, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Third mainland bridge! Lord take control

4. demash

October 22, 2015 at 8:14 pm

It’s getting outa hand. My car windows were smashed by these hoodlums last week and there’s not been a day over the last month without these incidence occurring. Ambode seems inept to me. Stay safe people.

5. Adaeze Writes

October 22, 2015 at 9:27 pm

I witnessed it today! The hoodlums robbed a lot of cars and even destroyed a BRT bus’s windows. Scattered bags and stuff were scattered on the road. They came to my car and tried shouting that I should give them something but after my ordeal with touts like them yesterday who broke my side window all in the name of robbery, I was already so bitter so I just kept shouting that I had nothing on me.
    The worst thing is that there are no signs of police vehicles anywhere and this is already getting out of hand. Yesterday, touts robbed cars along National Theatre road, today its the bridge linking CMS to Third Mainland. What is happening? Is this how we are going to spend the rest of the year? In fear? Truth is, if they aren’t stopped, others would follow suit and soon they’ll become a menace on Nigerian roads.
    Something has to be done!:
    adaezewrites.com

6. xplorenollywood.com

October 22, 2015 at 9:58 pm

I am truly dumb founded! Where have all these touts been??? I thot Ambode was the grassroots politician and Fashola the technocratic? If the technocrat can protect us with little or no cases like this during his tenor, shouldn’t the grassroot guy have just continued with his legacy! Lagos wasn’t this bad with Tinubu sef! What’s all this??? *sigh*

7. Teekay

October 22, 2015 at 10:15 pm

This is what happens when you vote the party and not the candidate! This man as no plan from all we have seen! Traffic is terrible, insecurity too high… If u dnt even have plan at least ask from ur predessecor how he did it… No he wouldnt because he got sacked by him !! But its just a matter of time when a meeting would be held for ur impeachment! Because we have seen change and we want to continue in change!! What a shame we where told u r a first class product maybe commisioner for finance should ve been your position because this one your are holding u ve no idea of what they do there…
    May God help lagos o!! Eko o gbodo baje!!!!!

8. jan

October 23, 2015 at 5:02 am

oga Ambode…….you are not doing your job o security issue is getting Bad …why nah

• T

October 23, 2015 at 8:51 am

This has been my fear since Ambode resumed duty, these hoodlums are now aware the State is not on top of their game anymore security-wise, Ambode please, wake up, security is no 1, people’s lives and property is involved

9. Bade

October 23, 2015 at 6:40 am

Is this what is now making us realise how grossly incompetent Ambode is?
    Photoshoot governor.
    Can’t STAND him.

10. Ambode is a letdown

October 23, 2015 at 8:04 am

Ambode should be impeached if things continue to deteriorate like this

11. B

October 23, 2015 at 10:00 am

In addition to everything else why are okada riders back??????????????????????????????

Lord have mercy!

12. wale

October 23, 2015 at 10:59 am

The reason for this I due to the hardship in the country, the economy is bad, goods are expensive, there are no jobs

We need to come out and protest for better policies to be implemented and ensure money is used properly

This is no time time be on social media and complain we all need to leave work a day and com out to protest

• Tosin

October 23, 2015 at 7:45 pm

the economy will get worse for sure, except by a miracle.
      government-wise, there is no interest in the economy or even any policy direction. no surprise there.

so now we’ve got a yes man in the Central Bank, but what’s worse – a yesteryears man as president, and a bean-counter likely to be named to head the whole Finance Ministry. because this is West Germany and the state-of-the-art in financial innovation is to watch closely what happens in your single account, oh and get some dude to increase tax revenue.

in return for general hunger we will harass a few thieving officials. it’s a fantastic deal. :-/

about that miracle…maybe the AfDB’s Adesina’s work will spill over to help Nigeria. or sth else God is thinking up 🙂

13. iwalewa

October 23, 2015 at 11:54 am

I laugh in chinese………My own prayer is for God to continue to protect us. Continuity……………………..Vote for the right person,y’all wanted continuity. see where continuity has led us.
    Lord,Help US. # Traffic- out of control # Crime rate- High

14. La Vie

October 23, 2015 at 3:13 pm

The tenure of Akinwunmi Ambode is like that of an irresponsible husband who after suffering so hard to woo,convince,court his babe turned wife has now decided to leave her high n dry the instant she said the two words that binds some or liberate some I DO.
    If only BRF could be cloned or something.
    Lagosians, IT IS WELL WITH US O
    God will keep us all and shame that social media fanatic we call a governor.

15. Chi

October 23, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Ambode needs to be impeached. The most inept Governor ever. Okada riders are everywhere driving with impunity because they know there is an ineffective person in power in Lagos. The level of insecurity is alarming!!Can he just be impeached!!

I have never experienced the sort of traffic I go through these days in my over 2 decades of living in Lagos.