Features

Wow! 49 Year Old Remi Abere Climbs Kilimanjaro & Will Go Back For a Charitable Cause

BellaNaija.com

This inspiring feat of 49 year old Remi Abere is something you should check out. A few months ago, she climbed the Kilimanjaro. Having achieved that goal, being the oldest Nigerian woman to make the climb, she decided to go back when she turns 50 – in November.

This time, she is climbing for a cause – internally displaced people who are unable to. As part of the cause, she created the ClimbWithRemi project. Along with 6 other women, Remi will climb the highest peak in Africa for women who cannot.

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 17.50.42

Watch the video of her past experience here:

For more information on the project and how you can be a part of it, visit www.climbwithremi.com

1. Barr Cyprian Agwuna

October 10, 2015 at 12:40 am

Congratulations to you Remi for achieving this rare fit by a mother. As a student of the University of Dare salaam many years ago, I could not attempt climbing the Kilimanjaro. Once again big congratulations to you.

2. Kaeto

October 10, 2015 at 1:15 am

What a celebrity!???!!!

3. AlabamaUncut Blog

October 10, 2015 at 2:08 am

Nice one.

4. Miss Mo

October 10, 2015 at 2:57 am

Yaaaaaaay. That’s my Aunty. Extremely proud of her. 🙂

5. ATL's finest

October 10, 2015 at 3:51 am

What a great adventure and experience! Way to God super woman

6. La

October 10, 2015 at 4:42 am

Kia! Almost fifty, mother of 5 with body like that!!! ??

7. iyke

October 10, 2015 at 8:32 am

Congrats Yemi!Wish I could join your team on the next adventure.
    I never knew the joy of hiking and mountain climbing until a friend took me on a hiking trail of one the biggest mountains in Northern Norway…..my life changed from that day as hiking has now become an integral part of my lifestyle.
    Definitely I will climb Kilimanjaro someday…I challenge every BNigerian to embrace this lifestyle if you are looking for a true meaning of life,strength and of course health.It will change your forever.

8. Tosin

October 10, 2015 at 10:23 am

hmmm.
    maaaybe…
    nice. thanks for inspiring

9. Tosin

October 10, 2015 at 10:31 am

woah, so i just watched the video. 1. she’s a hottie. 2. now i’m like should i tell my mum because she just might catch the fire which would be great yeah but also not great because she’ll now be all working out and climbing mountains oh no. the real fun part would be to tell my grandma, she’d just low key get all fired up to beat this young woman’s record. i know those women, they can do it.

me, maybe too lazy for a seven-day climb, except if i have fabulous company. i’m thinking, could ask Mummy Peace (Patience Jonathan), she’d be sooo much fun. Of course I’d have to carry her part of the way but still…

in work out goals, i just did a little bit today. i’m not going for much, not trying to be perfect, but i am wearing that dress 😉 tomorrow, so a confidence boost e.g. some abs , won’t hurt.

10. hmmmm

October 10, 2015 at 1:14 pm

GOD, be with you as you embark on your next mountain experience.. keep up the good work

11. ogo

October 10, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Love this woman..very encouraging, keep it up. ..check out true story of “my wife is killing me” on choicereach.com

12. Damisko

October 10, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Very impressive. What a great woman with an amazing body. Continue to be an inspiration to many, Remi.

13. Ati1n

October 10, 2015 at 5:50 pm

I successfully submitted kilimanjaro in 2011. I waited for a ‘burning bush’ moment on the mountain, it came months later. It’s an experience I would recommend to anyone to try! You needn’t be a seasoned hiker, just fit with the drive to get to the top!

14. Ngozi

October 10, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Ope o. I have finally seen another woman who is re defining 50. Honestly, I am so tired of people who condemn other people simply because of their age. Sister Remi, please keep it up and you look very good for a mother of 5. I admire your courage.

15. Mr chibz

October 10, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Met Mrs Abere years back when she was President at eagle toastmasters, she was an inspiration and she still is for many of us who joined after her, as with her career and every endeavor she has been a part of , she has excelled . She in her special way is drawing attention to this tragedy and based on her track record she will make a blast of it. and Yes…. she is a hottie @ almost fifty

16. Owen

October 11, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Get your facts right! She is certainly NOT the oldest woman to climb

17. Cee

October 13, 2015 at 10:49 am

Why so birrer? Oldest Nigerian woman.,,Read Owen, Read!

18. Cee

October 13, 2015 at 10:58 am

Congratulations! Like the way she speaks.,,May I be this hot at almost fifty..hitting the gym in 5, 4, 3….

19. Bee

October 22, 2015 at 2:41 pm

So proud of you Remi. Sexiest almost 50 year old woman I have ever met.x

20. Similola Adegbite

December 1, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Congratulations to you remi for this most encouraging course. God bless you as you turn 50. You’re an inspiration.