News

And the winner is…Pamela Peter-Vigboro Leesi is Miss Nigeria 2015!

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Miss Nigeria Pageant 2015 1The Miss Nigeria 2015 beauty pageant held yesterday night at the Oriental Hotel, Lagos and Pamela Peter-Vigboro Leesi, representing Cross River, emerged winner.

Pamela was crowned by the outgoing Miss Nigeria, Ezinne Akudo.

The new beauty queen went home with 5 million naira, a brand new SUV, 6 Month Skill Acquisition Programme In Any Institution Of Choice, a year serviced apartment, an all expense paid trip and more.

Miss Nigeria 2015 Judges

The judges of the night included Audu Maikori, Helen Prest Ajayi, Ruth Osime, Jumoke Adenowo, Lanre Da Silva, Mai Atafo, Isoken Ogiemwoniyi, and Chima Ude.

Outgoing Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo with the New Queen

Outgoing Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo with the New Queen

Photo Credit: Miss Nigeria

1. Anon

November 8, 2015 at 10:47 am

Hi Bella Naija, please correct these –
    1) The top 4 included Miss Osun, Miss Cross River, Miss Anambra, Miss Oyo and Miss Adamawa.

I counted 5.

2)Miss Oyo was the second runner up while Miss Cross River and Miss Jigawa had the same point from the judges making it a tie.

Miss Jigawa wasn’t mentioned in the top 4 (or rather 5.)

2. FHWT

November 8, 2015 at 12:31 pm

3. mrs chidukane

November 8, 2015 at 12:47 pm

This is the worst pageant I have ever watched. Very poorly organized, below average looking contestants and awful host (Osas). Most of the girls answered off point and this girl is like one eyed man in the Land of the blind. For the first time, the mbgn pageant was so much better which is a new low for Miss Nigeria. I was really disappointed. The prize is fabulous though.

4. mrsJem

November 8, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Please pardon my question, i know its out of ignorance… but what is the difference between MBGN and miss nigeria beauty peagent? What is the goal of these two?

• George Esther

November 8, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Haha!! The horror. I was constantly asking myself : but didn’t they just rap up a pageant? I was confused. I thought “isn’t it thesame thing? Who is Pamela? Wasn’t it an Anambra girl that won? Lol.. Shhhit!!

• Le coco

November 8, 2015 at 6:44 pm

Miss Nigeria is a pageant that represents nigeria alone.. so the winner doesn’t go to any international pagents.. but Mbgn is the pageant where representatives go to miss world, and miss universe pageants… its very much like the difference between miss America and miss USA.. I hope tht answers your question

5. Mimi May

November 8, 2015 at 5:46 pm

@ me seem, chop knuckle. You just took the question from my mouth. What is actually the difference? Can anyone enlighten us? Thank you.

• Ene

November 8, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Miss Nigeria started earlier and is the first well known beauty pageant in Nigeria(sometimes in the 50’s).For a long time the winners used to represent Nigeria in Miss World.Somewhere along the line,Silverbird came up with the Most beautiful girl in Nigeria(MBGN) sometimes in the 80’s and got the ticket to the Miss world etc.Miss Nigeria doesn’t encourage wearing of swimsuits etc.Notable winners of Miss Nigeria are Binta Sukai,Sylvia Edem etc…

• Corolla

November 8, 2015 at 6:53 pm

From what I remember, MBGN is run by the Silverbird group of companies, and is the only Nigerian pageant recognized by the Miss World and Miss Universe pageant. Miss Nigeria used to be owned and organized by a different body, Daily Times. Reps from this pageant cannot be entered into Miss World or Miss Universe.

6. Miss_Flygerian

November 8, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Wasn’t Ezinne Akudo crowned in 2013? Does it mean that there was no pageant in 2014?

7. Daphne

November 8, 2015 at 7:15 pm

I think the only difference btw both pageants is sponsors/organisers and the winner of one reps Nigeria at miss world while the other reps at miss universe. Asides that, no difference, just ways of making all young ladies wanna starve miserably

8. beauty

November 8, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Pls you guys should focus on the matter itself being Miss Nigeria pageant winner and not asking questions like this is the first time the pageant is takin place*flips hair and walks away while rotating bumbum*

9. Abby

November 9, 2015 at 2:05 am

Oh Lord…..we’r screwed!!!!

10. Ada Ada

November 9, 2015 at 6:11 am

Congratulations to the winner though. Beautiful girls don’t really go for pageants anyway.

11. nancy gold

November 9, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Congrats girl, its a thing of joy. Whether anybody was shaking bumbum or not is nobody’s busy, and saying that very beautiful girls don’t really contest is somewhat true. Well done!

12. Victoria

November 9, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Congrats Pam Pam as I always call u. I knew u will make it. God bless your reign

13. karen

November 11, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Congrats. Pam Pam dear.it. Takes. A lot of courage intellect nd wit to come out and represent Yur country that to me supercedes. Any level of beauty.

14. justme

December 3, 2015 at 7:55 am

To be honest, I didn’t know MBGN winner was the miss world participant until I was lookimg througj the contestant list. I don’t really watch any fashion show except ANTM. I was scrolling through the pictures at the miss world website but couldn’t find any of the Nigerian participant’s pic.