Career

Bisola Soneye & Frances Asemota share their “Do It Afraid” stories on Heart of the Matter

Do It Afraid Frances Asemota
Omilola Oshikoya‘s debut “Do It Afraid” conference this past weekend.

“Do It Afraid” is a movement, aimed at inspiring this generation to fulfill their dreams, visions and purposes by overcoming fear.

On this episode of Heart of the Matter, the concept is explored through the stories of Bisola Soneye & Frances Asemota.

Bisola is a career professional while Frances is an entrepreneur.

Synopsis
Starting something new or putting an end to something old can be scary. This episode, Omilola Oshikoya talks about fear but not a fear that paralyses… she chats with Bisola Soneye & Frances Asemota about a fear that propels. It’s not about how we feel but about how we act in spite of that feeling.

1. Adenle

December 8, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Right now I feel the same way, am scared of putting an end to my old life and start a new one cause don’t know what lies in the future.but I know I will get over it buy trying to be strong for her lol

2. Honeycrown

December 9, 2015 at 5:29 am

I must say, I listened to this show afraid because I was so intrigued by Bisola’s blinking that I got hypnotized to keep watching and by the time she started pulling her hair, I don enter one chance! How do we learn more about her NGO? I checked out a past interview with Frances and she has a beautiful activity center for kids. Good job ladies.

• Bisola Soneye

January 5, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Hello Honeycrown,
      Funda Wazi means “learn and know” in Zulu language. The Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization, which operates in Nigeria and South Africa. The Foundation exists to develop a child-friendly environment for learning and to promote educational development in children. Since its establishment, it has provided child-friendly and relevant resources that assist children and adults to learn and know how to address and control social challenges affecting children. Three of such resources are the bestselling books, “No Don’t Touch There”, “A Bully is Not a Hero” and “Help they are fighting again” authored by Mrs. Nomthi Odukoya and published by the Grace Springs Publishers

3. oadten

December 11, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Honeycrown’s comment about Bisola seems harsh yet he’s actually on point with his observations. That said, its not the easiest thing to do to speak on a TV interview especially if its not your forte and if you’re not the ‘speaking’ type as clearly Bisola shows. I’m not a fan of my first set of media interviews either! I imagine Bisola’s next media interview will be an improvement on this.

4. Betadaiz

December 14, 2015 at 12:27 am

Deciding to make the call is but one thing, surviving the heat when you around your calling and your passion is another. Sometimes these fears produces negative scenarios and sometimes, they make you different; only the paranoid survive is my favorite book. In all these sayings; Do what you love

5. Rugie

December 23, 2015 at 10:29 pm

Go Fran! I find the solution to the fear you describe is to surround yourself with people that are comfortable with success ..,,, always proud of you! Well done to the other lady too!