That said, in the mood of festivities and the whole ritual that comes with this particular time of the year, I decided to come up with a few things I won’t be found doing in the new year… Aren’t those like resolutions? No! I really don’t like the word “resolution”, so I won’t be using it.
Believe me it was really hard to make these decisions and I hope I make it to at least March before I break. So here we go…
- You won’t find me trying to sing my own version of “Hello”. Though I would do a fine job but the truth is – We’ve had enough! Biko, no more “Hello”.
- You definitely won’t find me standing like I broke a leg in any of my pictures. Oh! Yes, I’m repenting.
- I won’t be eating any “Mama Put”. I have decided to cease being gender biased and try some “Papa Put”
- I won’t be buying any weaves (whether Taj or Taju, I really don’t care). I’ll just have my hair cut really low and declare #TeamNatural
- You won’t find me sun bathing on some vacation. Believe me, there’s enough sun in Lagos to last me a century.
- I won’t be visiting any cinema! I’ll just buy a 3D glass, draw the blinds and set the mood with some chin-chin and zobo juice in my room.
- I won’t be liking any celebrity’s photo… Ngwanu, it’s time! They must like my own too
- You most definitely won’t find me doing those 1-hour make-up session. I’m tired of everything on fleek, if I like I wear my make-up like Dumebi.
- I won’t be lurking around in the convenience of some shopping mall, just so I can take a selfie (Toilet-fie or Mirror-fie in this case).
- I won’t be wishing I did it, I’ll just go ahead and do it!
OK! That was really hard right? Now go ahead and draft yours. Don’t make it void of humor though
Have a Beautiful 2016!!!
Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Lenanet