Features

Modupe Ogundare: 10 Things You Won’t Find Me Doing in 2016

First I like to say that you would only enjoy this article if you brought your sense of humor along.

That said, in the mood of festivities and the whole ritual that comes with this particular time of the year, I decided to come up with a few things I won’t be found doing in the new year… Aren’t those like resolutions? No! I really don’t like the word “resolution”, so I won’t be using it.

Believe me it was really hard to make these decisions and I hope I make it to at least March before I break. So here we go…

1. You won’t find me trying to sing my own version of “Hello”. Though I would do a fine job but the truth is – We’ve had enough! Biko, no more “Hello”.
  1. You definitely won’t find me standing like I broke a leg in any of my pictures. Oh! Yes, I’m repenting.
  1. I won’t be eating any “Mama Put”. I have decided to cease being gender biased and try some “Papa Put”
  1. I won’t be buying any weaves (whether Taj or Taju, I really don’t care). I’ll just have my hair cut really low and declare #TeamNatural
  1. You won’t find me sun bathing on some vacation. Believe me, there’s enough sun in Lagos to last me a century.
  1. I won’t be visiting any cinema! I’ll just buy a 3D glass, draw the blinds and set the mood with some chin-chin and zobo juice in my room.
  1. I won’t be liking any celebrity’s photo… Ngwanu, it’s time! They must like my own too
  1. You most definitely won’t find me doing those 1-hour make-up session. I’m tired of everything on fleek, if I like I wear my make-up like Dumebi.
  1. I won’t be lurking around in the convenience of some shopping mall, just so I can take a selfie (Toilet-fie or Mirror-fie in this case).
  1. I won’t be wishing I did it, I’ll just go ahead and do it!

OK! That was really hard right? Now go ahead and draft yours. Don’t make it void of humor though
Have a Beautiful 2016!!!

Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Lenanet

Modupe Ogundare is a writer at heart, in her head and on very good days. Sometimes conversations, observations and deductions compel her to pen something.

1. Ralph

December 29, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Okkkkk…….vst naijagaze.com

2. Yaseer's crush

December 29, 2015 at 7:09 pm

I am so in love with yhur list. Na d same boat carry me nd u o jare

3. Olabisi

December 29, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Cool

4. 'Diddie

December 29, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Yesso….#Team Natural Hair.
    Standing like you have a broken leg for pictures got me laffing

5. Ibinabo

December 30, 2015 at 10:11 am

I’m adding this “I won’t be wishing I did it, I’ll just go ahead and do it!” to my list. Thanks!

6. Tee

December 30, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Ermmmm! mam. there s some disconnect in ur header and ur piece, abi na me no understand ke?
    2. I totally agree with ur number 7, they never like ur photos, they never follow u back even if u shout KFB with a gramophone.. and when its time for awards, they ll be begging for votes!! taaaaaa! none of that in 2016. Those your fellow celeb friends u only response to let ehn, let them vote for u only..#nobeefintended o

Folks like Alibaba, Omoni Oboli, GbemiOlateru Olagbegi and a few others who respond to comments are the ones i can like and vote for with credit from half my salary (ok i kid) but the rest lailai!
    Happy new year in advance guys! heheheh

7. Tee

January 7, 2016 at 9:24 am

Actually, this is very FUNNY! But wait, do you mean this list seriously or are you trying to mess with us? *mess here means make fun kinda*

8. kay

January 9, 2016 at 6:56 pm

D’s writeup sounds lyk a joke!… dint c anytin serious hea sha ooo…#personaltot#

9. Osinachi

February 11, 2016 at 10:45 pm

That’s a nice one. It may be funny, but a deep message has been passed, which is, YOU JUST GOT TO BE DIFFERENT…Trying new things to obtain new results. Thanks Modupe