News

Nigerian Twittersphere Says #NoToSocialMediaBill

BellaNaija.com

In the aftermath of news that a new social media bill that could potentially censor free speech on social media platforms,  is making its way up the Senate approval chain, Nigerians on Twitter have proceeded to express their thoughts on the matter using hashtag #NoToSocialMediaBill.

Here is what some are saying:

1. kk

December 3, 2015 at 11:32 am

ALL MY CHANGE AGENTS….WHERE ART THOU!!!!!! lololololol

2. Spanish Guitar

December 3, 2015 at 11:40 am

Why am I not surprised? The wailing wailers predicted all these recent happenings, una no gree. APC used the social media to propagate their lies and install a Government that never should have been, now they want to silence the social media because they can’t take the little heat that has just begun. An Ibo adage says, there is nothing the eyes will see and begin to bleed.

3. FasholasLover

December 3, 2015 at 12:16 pm

“The choice before Nigerians in the coming elections is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new ways and the old ways; between freedom and repression; between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms – AND DESPERATE POWER – SEEKERS WITH EMPTY PROMISES” GEJ

Before you tag me, do kindly list out what change(s) hv impacted ur life positively since the dullard assumed power.

Change is here. Embrace it.

4. bruno

December 3, 2015 at 1:24 pm

when I saw so many of u supporting the senate when they passed that anti gay bill, I just shook my head. now u how it feels when someone is trying to take ur basic human rights.

its a shame that nigerians dont know what human rights are.

my twitter my choice
    my facebook my choice
    my whatsapp my choice
    my instagram my choice
    my body my choice

nigeria government stop violating our rights. and pls can u people stop turning this thing into an APC PDP battle. pls lets look at the big picture which is human rights in nigeria.

• MeMyself&I

December 3, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Bruno? Pls. Allow us hear word. As for turning it into APC/PDP thing, APC is a fraud. Not that PDP was outstanding but we never had so many lies, retractions and l dont care attitude by the President. Buhari and APC is d worst thing to happen to Nigeria after Babangida.

• Taaaahhh! Mechonu dia!

December 3, 2015 at 6:07 pm

I’d rather have no freedom on social media than have gays running wild all over the place, irritating my sensibilities. You’re on your own on this one abeg!!

• Tri

December 4, 2015 at 7:05 am

@Taaahhh Homophobic ignoramus. It’s people like you- blinded by their own pettiness and small mindedness that are easy to lead by the nose.

• ATL's finest

December 3, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Lol @ my Facebook my choice. In as much as it sounds ridiculous to me, I still don’t get it. Of all problems we are facing, this is the bill they wanna pass? Smh.. Well Next!

5. TheRealist

December 3, 2015 at 2:07 pm

It’s Buhari time! From what I hear, pretty much the same mindset from his long stint in power.

6. Usuji

December 3, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I so can’t wait for 2019 !! Never voting for any party sentiment again but I’m voting for the candidate !!! Sometimes I wonder why the people that can turn things around are never given a chance ,instead they keep shoving old people who don’t care about Nigerian citizens and their rights ,old rogues stealing and looting away our money .mtcheeeeeww so disappointed at our so called leaders!