Sweet Spot

#ThingsKemiCooks – Learn to Make a Modern Meatball & Gravy Dish with Kemi Adetiba

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Things Kemi Cooks

Kemi Adetiba is out with another episode of #ThingsKemiCooks on her ‘The Adventures of Kemi Adetiba’ vlog.

On this episode she cooks a modern dish of meatballs and gravy.

The dish is perfect for when you have company and want to quickly put something together.

Watch below.

1. oma D

December 11, 2015 at 2:05 pm

yummm….you’ll get more points when you deliver this kemi…

• Self-Sufficient

December 11, 2015 at 6:25 pm

LOL!!! It sure looks good. To those fussing, who says meatballs can’t be paired with rice? To each his own.

2. olu

December 11, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Hhmm! Those balls have been cooked within an inch of their lives. That’s overkill.

• Damilola

December 11, 2015 at 9:29 pm

@olu

Cooking is about creativity. It depends on who, majority of people can cook but delicious? No. people are limited, lack in their creativity. That’s what life is about, try new things as long as its not harmful. It’s not always rice and stew, geez. Watch hollywood celebrity chef do this, naijas will start copying.
      I’ve eaten it before, I mixed the meatballs with spinach and spices. That mixture was good.

P.S good job Kemi. Simply ignore these folks

3. Free

December 11, 2015 at 4:23 pm

Looks good! I make my gravy like that sometimes but without the meatballs. Other times I add chopped carrots, green, red, yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, spring onions to change the taste and look. Will definitely try this.

4. ak

December 11, 2015 at 4:25 pm

What is this rubbish?

What happened to Rice and Stew with meat/chicken?

Even Oyinbo don’t eat Meatballs and RIce. Not to now talk of Meatball and gravy that is traditionally for Turkey, and Rice..

It is meatball with tomato sauce and pasta

Y’all do THE MOST

5. ak

December 11, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Before you know now they will put ponmo, shaki and effirin in lasagna

• bae

December 11, 2015 at 8:33 pm

@ak… Lmfao???….??.. aah keii! Naija people kan like to kill somborri with lasts naa

6. ak

December 11, 2015 at 4:30 pm

And what is with her fake british accent?

KEMI mind yourself ooo. You’ve lived in Nigeria most of your life and only studied abroad for 1 year.

Abi she na British professor wey teach you law for UNILAG?

• Fashionista

December 11, 2015 at 5:46 pm

But we have heard na.

• bae

December 11, 2015 at 8:44 pm

@ak as I just left a reply to ur last comment u have the nerve to make me fall off my seat and roll on the floor with laffta biko!!! Ehn stop o!
      I wana wanna try this dilsh for my mother in law may be it will totorii her soul and gif me rest.?
      Ps: I will serve the dish with her accent I will practice after watching the video over and overrrr again

7. ba humbug!

December 11, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Meatballs and rice?? Oh dear! this is definitely a new one on me.

• whocares

December 11, 2015 at 6:05 pm

oh thank youuuuu. I will not win any award for forward thinking here, but gravy needs to be seeping into nice cracking roast potatoes, and meatballs deserves tomatoes or some other savoury sauce. It and gravy should not even mix.. on top of rice for that matter. I have not seen the video so maybe it might change my mind but the plate as it were. e no too righteous sha. I just dont know.

• seun

December 11, 2015 at 7:34 pm

i guess you all have never had swedish meatballs…

i dey laugh…. Nigerians…

8. ak

December 11, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Ehen @seun

So what is funny?

Is it everything they give you you must try?

Even the swedish meatballs sef, they eat it with noodles/pasta/mac and cheese

Not rice.

Besides… it is your type that likes to eat escargot (snail that is still inside its shell), oysters and all that nasty panti.

9. ak

December 11, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Typing the above even made be gag a little bit sef

10. olu

December 12, 2015 at 1:37 pm

@ Damilola, i bet you did not understand what it means when something has been cooked within an inch of their lives. it means the balls have been over cooked. No where did i mention how it could be eaten. Please get schooled pronto!