Music

Watch Omawumi’s Video for “Play Na Play” with Music Veteran Angelique Kidjo

BellaNaija.com

cf73321c-86f9-46bb-95fe-5662f0cc5684

Coming off the heels of her much-loved cover of Adele’s Hello, Omawumi has released her new single and music video “Play Na Play” featuring Grammy award-winning artist Angelique Kidjo.

Omawumi has also announced the release of her yet untitled third album due out spring 2016.The new age singer, introduces fans and newcomers alike to a new musical journey by recording a completely live album.

Play Na Play” is a live production arranged by Cobhams Asuquo.

The video was shot on location in New Jersey by George Steuber for Monstar Film and Produced by Bukola Aré for OF A KIND Creatives. Fashion Styling by Rosemary Kokuhilwa with Make Up by Joyce Jacobs.

The live album features production from longtime collaborator Cobhams Asuquo, Grammy award-winning artist Angelique Kidjo, Grammy nominated artist Salif Keita and more yet to be announced international collaborations.

Watch the video below.

1. prince

January 18, 2016 at 9:38 am

good work. omawunmi is good sha

2. DAME

January 18, 2016 at 9:57 am

OMA-WONDER keep it up

3. Wale

January 18, 2016 at 10:57 am

This video is rich!….Vocal on point, synergy well achieved! Omawunmi, you are far one of a kind!

4. Theredcarpetexperience

January 18, 2016 at 11:03 am

Nice Job, Good styling and props

5. Okada man

January 18, 2016 at 11:06 am

I love this lady @Omawumi! The energy in her voice is amazing.. By the way, Spring 2016? We now spring in Nigeria? I didnt get the memo!

• Mz Socially Awkward....

January 18, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Nwa nne m… Na so me sef see the sumtin, we are now “springing” from Naija into western seasonal climates, oh. No remain inside harmattan dey ask kweshon, oh…

Angelique Kidjo – love you long time, lady! I really like the song. ?

6. FinchleysFinest

January 18, 2016 at 11:19 am

Easy..nice….classy….Thank you Omawumi

7. l

January 18, 2016 at 12:08 pm

let me not lie oh… i did not enjoy the song that much but I’m still a fan…
    no one should come for me just day look for trouble -_-

8. been there

January 18, 2016 at 1:18 pm

omawonder….the song and video is FIRE!!

9. nnenne

January 18, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Pure master piece.

10. cheryl

January 18, 2016 at 2:01 pm

omaoma, sweet itshekiri sister, i lav laavv ur voice, true true dem no use crocodile dey do play mate ooo, d part where she said ” if to say oyinbo ppl dey hear me, dem for no dey die for horror film, cos aw u go see dark road go pass am” got me laffing real hard

11. JT

January 18, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Oma wonder, so classy u keep rasing d bar, d grandmother of. All female acts in nija, u lead odas follow, I love d africaness in d song, wow a decent video n song only for matured minds! Bigups mama africa

12. JT

January 18, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Am anticipating for d release of d album, anoda classic from u, so proud u a nigerian, I would gladly. Show dis to frds from parts of d world keep promoting d african heritage, with ur great sounds

13. Tosin

January 18, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Joy.

14. juddy

January 18, 2016 at 10:16 pm

i think Omawunmi is trying to spread her wings to get more fans outside naija and i also think its time for her to do so. hence this collaboration and the spring 2016 release, when i knew omawunmi was huge was when i saw somewhere on instagram, she was invited to bangkok to perform. these invitations should inform her on the next level of her music, thats growth as far as i know. as for this song i just imagine it playing on my speakers, those two power houses, i know i will definitely learn what Angelique was singing,

15. koko

January 19, 2016 at 4:02 am

Nice one. Good job and good luck
    Lovely video

16. Olufunke

January 20, 2016 at 8:26 am

Now, that’s music… Good Music! this reminds of how Onyeka Onwenu do music. I thought good music was lost in Nigeria but Omawunmi, Waje and Banky W give me hope.
    Awesome music and Video Omawunmi, Angelique’s feature ices everything for me.
    Thank you!!!