Scoop

“We’re presently going through a divorce” – Lolo 1 opens up on her Marriage, Beef with Princess & More

BellaNaija.com

Lolo

In a chat with Punch Spice, OAP and comedian Lolo 1 opens up about her recent social media clash with colleague Princess (click here). She also talks about her ongoing divorce, keeping her private life out of the media and more.

See excerpts below.

On keeping her private life away from prying fans: I am a proud mother of four children and I have the right to keep them away from prying fans. If you know me very well, you would know that they are my all and an integral part of my life. Occasionally, I post their pictures on social media, but that’s not what’s key for me.

On her marriage: My husband is a very private man and I wouldn’t want to put him out there. It’s not something he appreciates or cares about. We’re presently going through a divorce, but we have mutual respect for each other. We will do all we can to protect and nurture our lovely kids. We are also actively involved in the lives of our children.

On her spat with Princess: Sometimes, women have issues. At an event which held this month, she caused me to feel awkward. I felt slighted because her action was unnecessary. I had to give vent to my anger because I am human. Some of our colleagues waded into the matter and I believe that our differences will be sorted out. We’re human beings and we are bound to hurt each other at some point.But, we have to let it go and keep the ball rolling.

Read her full interview here.

1. L

January 31, 2016 at 11:30 am

Lol. So how is telling us that you going through a divorce keeping your private life out of the media??? You literally put it out there. Like this is not when people will want to find out the reason why you are going through a divorce.

2. Meah

January 31, 2016 at 11:31 am

Very proud somebody
    I feel for the poor husband

3. halima

January 31, 2016 at 11:41 am

Firstly, you aint even funny to me. Secondly, if you are going through rough. Time don’t try to transfer you aggression to Princess. Finally, move on don’t start any social media fight again. God bless!

4. Somebody

January 31, 2016 at 11:49 am

No need to call him “my husband ” since the divorce will soon happen, start practising.

• tish

January 31, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Till it happens, he is still her husband. Anything can happen before the divorce is final.

5. Nakoms

January 31, 2016 at 12:48 pm

If you focused on tending your family and not mind what Princess, you won’t be talking about a divorce after four children.

Gone are the days when on air personalities focused on honning their craft. Now they have to be news!

Realise this. Social media has helped to put you out there but be careful that you dont get gobbled up in the process. There are media personalities out there who are able to meander through the media landmines, not just a handful but actually tons of them.

Technology and Social media like fashion are always in a state of flux. What will always endure are things like family and when after twenty years you find yourself lonely and “untrending” don’t say you were not advised.

Silly rabbit.

6. Bose

January 31, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Umunnem bikonu who is Lolo1 again? Lol @ ‘if you know me well’, Madam sorry oo but I know you not at all.

7. ibi

January 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Remind me who is she again

8. Tunmi

January 31, 2016 at 2:35 pm

These are well composed statements

9. nene

January 31, 2016 at 3:46 pm

i never knew she was married

10. X-Factor

January 31, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Just Curious; what will make two adults seek divorce after four kids??? O ga ooo!!!

• Beashplease

January 31, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Shoroniyen

11. Smiles

January 31, 2016 at 6:00 pm

So because she made you feel awkward the solution was to bring it to social media………..hmmmn. What happened to Respect and simple conflict resolution techniques?
    Thank God the poor Princess did not answer you,she acted like a true Princess.

Your action just showed why you cannot manage a home,jumping into conclusions and low self-esteem. I pray that God heals your home but next time please respect yourself.

12. Special1

January 31, 2016 at 8:41 pm

So sad how divorce is seen as the best option after little misunderstanding. You have 4 children and you think divorce is the best thing they need now. No one is patient any longer. May God help us.

• Ewa

February 1, 2016 at 9:41 am

How did you arrive at “Little Misunderstanding”? Nigerians and jumping into conclusions