Features

{Updated} BN Community Centre: Woman with End Stage Renal Disease

BellaNaija.com

In March 2013, the BellaNaija team asked for your feedback on how to handle the issue of the emails we receive with regards soliciting for financial aid {Click here to read}. We were grateful for your feedback. Over the years, BellaNaija has published various feature stories on Nigerians in difficult situations and we are thankful that our BN Fam has supported in full force. From the man who was wrongly imprisoned for over a decade to and the struggling father suddenly saddled with major financial obligations due to the birth of his triplets.

During this time, we worked to get as much information as we could about different situations that was sent to us. In many cases, the people sending the emails don’t come back to us when we ask for more information. Sometimes they do and we are sceptical about the information given to us and as such we are unable to publish these stories. We will continue to publish these stories, however, we realize this is not enough.

While we are very concerned about the integrity of our brand and are conscious of the fact that there are too many fraudsters out there, we are definitely aware of the major challenges people go through every day.

If you’ve ever had a health-related issue in Nigeria, then you will probably understand that it is extremely difficult to fund your treatment and navigate the healthcare system. Even at the government hospitals (where health care service supposedly subsidized) you find yourself having to pay N50,000 here for something, another N18,000 for something else. Before you know it, you’ve spent hundreds of thousands of Naira. We all know how difficult it is to raise money, even amongst the most ‘comfortable’ people. While many save for a rainy day or have health insurance, most cannot afford to set aside a contingency sum for sudden major illnesses.

In view of this, BellaNaija is launched the BN Community Centre. This online platform will feature “calls for help” as submitted to us. This includes information, photos and account numbers. We are, however, stating categorically that we are doing only basic fact checking, therefore, we will not be held liable in ANY circumstance.

We encourage you to give if you can, however, please ensure you perform independent verification prior to donating any funds.

***

10400056_10206603927114260_4367568203542048053_n

Her campaign message is :

Hello my friends how are you all doing? I just want you to know I’m very sick right now the doctor had concluded that I need to do kidney transplant and that will cost 6million Naira but they said for me to be alive before the transplant I need to be doing dialysis every 10,days. I had done it over 18 times. My family had spend all they got on my health. We don’t have money to do another dialysis or even buy my drugs right now. Please I need your help because I don’t want to die. PLEASE all I need right now is your donation for my health anything you can help me with please.

dialysis luth

Here are the bank account details: (her mother’s account)

MBONU NDIDI PATIENCE 3021660844 FIRST BANK.
NDIDI PATIENCE MBONU 0055590179 DIAMOND BANK
Her gofundme account is www.gofundme.com/xmcdfs
Facebook: Tochi Mbonu or https://m.facebook.com/mbonutochi?refid=12

***

12498809_1148780061806730_150029733_n

Good day ma.Plz I hope you remember tochi?the lady that requested for assistance from blog readers for her transplant? well she is in india now and she wants to thank every body that contributed and equally prayed for her.

Sad news is that she hasn’t done the transplant even though she has been in india for over 2 months now.The doctors said she can’t do the transplant yet until she undergoes several dialysis again. They said she has been infected alot from which ever hospital she was doing her dialysis in Nigeria.She has undergone dialysis for 2 months and counting.Now she is seriously short on cash to complete payment for the main transplant.she is reaching out for lil assistance yet again.God bless you all as you fight to keep this girl alive.

12571030_1158009610883775_918259609_n 12576155_1158009614217108_219187680_n

Her message follows;

“Hello friends.

I want to thank everyone for the assistance you all have given me (LAILASBLOG READERS AND BELLA NAIJA READERS).I left Nigeria very happy thinking all my problem is over but its heart breaking that I have been in India for about 2 months and still undergoing dialysis due to infections i received while i was being treated in Nigeria.I have seriously reduced the money i have for the main transplant.

Plz I’m sorry and ashamed to disturb you people again, but plz i need a lil assistance yet again from you people. My family has depleted all they have on me. God bless my mother for me. She has put her life to a stop just to take care of me. Yesterday was my birthday (January 27th) and i spent it thinking about life and how i want to spend the next January 27th 2017 on my feet.Plz help save me….12607310_1158009800883756_1903940333_n

I STILL NEED ABOUT 1 MILLION RUPPEES FOR THE TRANSPLANT ( ABOUT  N2,927,610.00 ).EACH DIALYSIS  COST ME 13,600 RUPPEES ( 40K) AND I HAVE BEEN DOING THE DIALYSIS 3 TIMES A WEEK FOR 2 MONTHS NOW (MON,THURS,SATURDAY)THE LONGER I STAY HERE THE MORE MONEY MY MUM AND I SPEND ON HOSPITAL ACCOMODATION AND FEEDING.

You can contact me directly with +917042843170

I am at JAYPEE HOSPITAL NOIDA INDIA

Here are the bank account details: (belongs to my mother):

• MBONU NDIDI PATIENCE 3021660844 FIRST BANK.
  • NDIDI PATIENCE MBONU 0055590179 DIAMOND BANK

For more information you can cal me on +917042843170
Add me and facebook: Tochi Mbonu

Or

***

This story was originally published on the 26th of June 2015.

1. ceenthie

June 26, 2015 at 11:33 am

Patience, God will heal you in Jesus name. I just gave my widow’s mite. everybody pls give no matter how small God will bless u!

• Minka

July 28, 2015 at 10:50 am

Amen! I think her name is Gloria and her mum is called Patience.

2. Funmieo

June 26, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Patience, may the good Lord, our Jehovah Rapha heal you. May He grant you good health. You will not die, but you will live to declare the glory of the Lord in the Land of the living. Amen.

3. Peaches77

June 26, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Many thanks BN for this platform. There are many young people suffering from renal failure. Many times, they have no help, not even to pay for dialysis which costs roughly N20,000 per session. This is required 3 times weekly and is exclusive of the fees for drugs. In fact in the last 8 months, I & hubby have helped/worked with two young ladies aged 24, 29 or thereabout. I had to ask my friends to donate 1k weekly for dialysis without any plan for the actual renal transplantation. Luckily a group of people (Nnewi Improvement Union, Abuja) took over her (age 24) case and are funding her now. The other lady (age 29) has started making plans for the surgery though the money isn’t complete.
    If we look around, there are people like these who need our help. Please take up one of these cases in one way or the other. Imagine if you have a community/family of about 20 people and can contribute N500/N1000 weekly, in about a year, you will be able to raise enough money for the surgery. This is actually far reaching but the point is that an average salary earner can help.

4. polypoly

June 26, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Nigeria needs an overhaul in the health & human services sector….haba!!! situations like this need an Obama-careISH health insurance program mandate. I guess we still need to know who is legally a Nigerian citizen, before we start social services discussion.

Jehovah Rapha gat you ladies oh. AMen!!

5. Busarni

June 26, 2015 at 6:15 pm

few comments; this goes to show a lot . If it were to be a post on Toke, fashion event, etc the flood gates of comment will open.
    You are healed , I hope my contribution will put a smile on you and family. Jesus is still on the throne; don’t lose hope.

6. Anne

June 26, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Some people contribute without commenting, maybe.

7. Chinedu annajul

June 27, 2015 at 5:43 am

most people don’t like ready long posts and if you are using a mobile fone or tablet, you will have to read through the post b4 you see the pic..like me i just wanted to see the comments, so i just flipped down b4 i saw her pics..my guess is for Bella to repost this message in a new post, then remove their message.leave only the campaign message of the girl.And also use the girls pic as the cover post and not those hands shaking.
    Bella you are doing a good job.keep it up

8. Ifunanya

June 30, 2015 at 9:07 am

BN, can you refresh/update this post so that people can see it?

9. Swoosh

July 4, 2015 at 4:12 am

I was going to donate through gofundme but I got a little wary as nobody else has donated through gofundme. Also I went to the facebook page of the person that set up the gofundme page and I’m not sure there is any relationship between him and the girl.
    I’ll check back on this page in case anyone can vouch for the gofundme page, that money donated will reach the girl.

• AKANEGBU McANTHONY CHINEDU

July 25, 2015 at 7:50 am

hello,
      thanks for your interest.i set up the gofundme page and i have equally been incharge of publicizin tochi for the past 2months.i dont have to be related to tochi before i can help her.
      i met her online and my heart was touched.her relations has done nothing to publicize her.i put her on social media and i set up her gofundme,i requested for the doctors report and i am still fighting very hard to see she comes on our national tv.
      if you have any doubt,plz call mrs mbonu on the number u see on her page.this is soneones life and we cant joke with it.the reason nobody has donated is because nobody really cares cus she is not related.
      we have just one donation on gofund me now.
      my number is 08038435202 incase u want more clarification.its a pity i saw this post late.i wish you see this ontime.
      GOD BLESS YOU

10. Minka

July 28, 2015 at 10:46 am

Oh dear! I agree such posts should be refreshed because a lot of people obviously haven’t seen it. I just came across it while looking through columns randomly. God bless all those who have contributed in one way or the other. As for those who are unable to give financially, your prayers will go a long way. May you receive God’s perfect healing Gloria.

11. cynthia

July 29, 2015 at 2:31 pm

plz refresh.its important

12. Okada man

February 17, 2016 at 12:05 pm

This is the first time I will be donating to such aid and iim really glad I could do this.. My Widows mite like they call it… With His stripes you are healed Gloria… Amen. Reach out and touch guys…