Scoop

“Married Life is Sweet” Dolapo Sijuwade talks Being Married, Acting in her First Movie, Plans for 2016 & More!

BellaNaija.com

Princess Dolapo Sijuwade

TV personality Dolapo Sijuwade made the transition into acting with her movie “Diary of a Lagos Girl” and in this interview with YNaija she talks about how the journey as an actress has been for her so far.

She also dishes on marriage and love saying “Married life is sweet.”

See excerpts from her interview below.

On the challenges on acting in her first movie: “I have acted in dramas but the movie was all about having story for an elongated period of time although it wasn’t that different from shooting TV apart from it being from shooting to the cinemas took a year. It was interesting to wait this long to finally see the work on the big screen.”

On her advice to people who intend to get married: Before you get married you need to know yourself. It’s not about the age. You need to have experienced certain things. You need to decide what you want to do in life because it’s one thing to decide what you want to do before you meet someone and you now suddenly decide what you want to do. I think as a woman you need to know yourself inside and out before you can complement another human being.”

On her plans for 2016: I am working on more movie projects, TV series as I also just finished shooting the second season of my own show so the sky is the limit for 2016.

See her full interview here.

1. jan

February 5, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Yes Dolapo..marriage is sweet when you marry a good person not when you marry #oyara oyoshi person….sorry my IBO is bad

2. Rose

February 5, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Yes I love her advice about knowing yourself… And like she stated its not about age…Once you know who you are and what you want in life then you set ur standards for what you will accept in life and vice versa….

3. Posh Bella

February 5, 2016 at 1:43 pm

I would like to see the movie Diary of a Lagos Girl,i really liked the teaser.

4. Bee

February 5, 2016 at 2:05 pm

Why does this picture remind me of Morticcia Addams from The Addams Family?

5. Meah

February 5, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Marriage has not been nice to me oh
    When people say “marriage is sweet”I get really amazed
    5 years of suffering and smiling
    Maybe it’s only mine?

• Moi

February 5, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Meah, sweet is very relative. My mum would tell the whole world her marriage is amazing, even we her childremn that see the marriage is horrible. My dad would say the opposite but he exaggerates how bad the marriage is. Don’t worry it’s all relative. Most I know are just doing the confess positive tinz. They have adapted to the terrible marriage, that nothing looks and can’t imagine better, lol.

6. Ms London

February 5, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Huh..’yimu’!

7. Luvnaija

February 5, 2016 at 6:13 pm

@ Meah….marriage really is a beautiful thing! A reflection of Gods love to humans, have you ever hugged or kissed your partner sooo hard like you wanna swallow ’em…..yea we roll like that. You can achieve this level of intimacy, communication your feelings, forgive and do not bear grudges! Above all “respect” and treat him like a king( this is guessing you are a woman). There is no man that cannot respond to the love language of “respect”.
    Sometimes it can be hard hence you need God to empower and prayers to show what you need to do to make it sweet. Even if you are passing through some form of challenges financial or otherwise the way you carry one at this period will Ho along way in building the foundation of home. I’ve been married 5years too! Sending love and honey toddles your way…

8. Luvnaija

February 5, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Edit button seriously needed…lots of typo in my post!

9. Toksybee

February 5, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Made the transition to acting ke, but she was an actress first, before she became a TV presenter!! Do not delete my comment BN! Kudos to you Dolap, the sky is indeed the limit.