Folorunsho Alakija has been inaugurated as the Chancellor of Osun State University.
In her inauguration as the Chancellor of Osun State University, Forbes’ third richest black woman in the world Folorunsho Alakija has said that God, Courage, Perseverance, Time Management, Patience, and Mentorship, among others, have led to the success she is enjoying today.
Read parts of her points, as reported by Vanguard below.
- Do not accept ‘’No” for an answer – Many doors were shut in my face but I refused to give up and kept going back and it paid off; see where I am today.
- Be determined to succeed as there is always a way where there seems to be no way. Only the persistent and diligent find it.
- Time is money, use it wisely.
- Say “no” to corruption.
- Find mentors for practical guidance in your chosen career.
- Find out God’s purpose for your life and embark on it. Exercise patience and have courage. Courage is fear that has said its prayers.
- Always remember, that anything worth doing at all is worth doing well.
- Don’t sit on the fence but come to Nigeria’s defence.
- Proffer solutions and follow through.
- My personal ethics have been formed through family influence, religious beliefs, life’s experiences, my personal reflections and the culture in which I was raised. My family instilled a strong work ethic in me as a child and they hardly ever missed a day of work.
- Ethics is a word I live by because it is conducted in a work environment and in individual daily life.
- I always try to do the right things and this will be my guiding principle throughout my 5 year tenure at Osun State University.