News

Meet the New Miss South Africa 2016, Ntandoyenkosi Kunene

BellaNaija.com

Miss-South-Africa-2016-BellaNaija (4)23-year-old Ntandoyenkosi Kunene from Mpumalanga has been crowned the Miss South Africa 2016 to the delight of the crowd at Carnival City, Johannesburg on Saturday night.

Speaking for the first time as new Miss SA in a video posted in the official Miss SA Instagram accout, Ntandoyenkosi said, “I am so excited! I don’t know what to do with myself right now.”

Hear the first words from your new #MissSA2016 @kunene_ntando. ???

A video posted by Miss South Africa (@official_misssa) on

The Education Honours student has said she’ll use this opportunity to give back to the society, “To inspire little girls like myself to have big dreams; to be a beacon of hope to the hopeless and to encourage young women to work tirelessly towards their goals, dreams and ambitions.”

The competition, for the first time, had two rounds of elimination; four out the 12 finalists were eliminated in the first round, and then 3 out of the remaining 8 contenders were let off.

Tayla Skye Robinson was crowned the second princess, and Elizabeth Malopo got the crown of the first princess of the 58th edition of the beauty pageant.Miss-South-Africa-2016-BellaNaija (5)

Ntandoyenkosi will walk away with a whooping R2m in prizes which includes a seven-night international holiday and cash, and a Nissan Duke.

See more photos below.Miss-South-Africa-2016-BellaNaija (3)

Miss-South-Africa-2016-BellaNaija (6)

Miss-South-Africa-2016-BellaNaija (7)

Miss-South-Africa-2016-BellaNaija (2)

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Gallo Images

1. prince

March 21, 2016 at 11:30 am

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. "changing moniker"

March 21, 2016 at 11:52 am

What’s with the ivory and gold gowns?

3. Le coco

March 21, 2016 at 12:08 pm

congrats to ntando.. BUT ALL I SEE IS THE MOST SWAGERLICIOUS MINISTER IN LIFE… FIKILE MBALULA.. THE DAY WE MEET SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO CATCH ME. IM GNA FAINT… YOU ARE SOO COOL

4. Deep Soul

March 21, 2016 at 1:03 pm

But she is not fine…not even averagely fine…

Oh well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all

• Freemind

March 21, 2016 at 1:22 pm

xactly my thought… d make up too?…i dn’t understand

5. shakitibobo

March 21, 2016 at 7:55 pm

This beauty paegent thing needs to be scrapped completely if women want to get equal as men or let say less sexualized then this meaningless thing needs to leave our society.

6. Kenza

March 21, 2016 at 8:32 pm

I think these pageants nowadays focus on the brains part more than face.Le coco Razzmataz himself I hear they call him that

7. nosiphelele dipa

March 21, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Iam nosiphelele and iam 22years old this my dream is to be amodel n iwant to knw what steps imust follow to be a model please help

8. briget Magomana

May 8, 2016 at 8:03 pm

I always dreamt of becoming a model and tv presenter but I dont know how I should become those and I need help with these dreams please

9. Chuni

May 29, 2016 at 8:27 am

I’m not south African but honestly this girl isn’t going to go further like the previous miss south Africa. she’s not good enough