Mobile West Africa has confirmed that its 2016 conference, taking place in Lagos on 20th & 21st April, will feature its strongest ever speaker line-up. Representatives from Jumia, Huawei, Uber, Opera, iROKO Partners and Google are set to deliver presentations to confirmed delegates from companies including Konga, Wikimedia Foundation, Grant Thornton, Promasidor and Ringier Nigeria.
Now in its sixth year, the annual event has grown to become West Africa’s leading technology conference. Local and international industry executives have assembled in Lagos since 2011 to discuss the current state of mobile in the region, and to share strategies for growth. For 2016, a variety of speakers and panels will be presenting case studies and valuable insights falling under the general themes of ‘The Mobile Consumer’ and ‘The Business of Mobile’.
Conference Director Matthew Dawes commented,
“The quality of this year’s speaker faculty is unprecedented. Along with keynotes and case studies delivered by key industry players, we’ve built panel sessions into the agenda featuring senior experts from Diageo, Supermart.ng, Etisalat, PZ Cussons and Hotels.ng.
The two people that I’m most looking forward to hearing from are Jumia Nigeria’s new CEO, Juliet Anammah, as it her first presentation since she took charge there; and Marek Zmyslowski, will also be presenting for the first time since he stepped down as CEO of Jovago. His ‘critique of life on the front line’ is going to be exceptionally interesting. In fact, that whole session is looking red hot, although I could point to any of the 8 sessions – they’re all focused, experience-based and progressive.
That is on top of industry leaders from Google, iROKO Partners, Criteo and Opera – the list goes on and on. With an amazing agenda and the best venue in the country, this year’s event is going to really deliver.”
Taking place at the Wheatbaker, Nigeria’s best hotel, Mobile West Africa will once again unite eCommerce leaders, app & software developers, media companies, publishers and brands together with handset manufacturers, mobile networks, VC firms, mobile money innovators, ad networks and digital agencies. The event continues to retain its unique and highly successful format of giving speakers 20-minute slots to encourage hyper-focused delivery of content in order to maximise value for delegates.
Main conference: 20th & 21st April 2016
MEF Connects Nigeria reception: evening of Wednesday, 20th April 2016
Inaugural West Africa Mobile Awards: evening of Thursday, 21th April 2016
- Juliet Ehimuan-Chiazor, Nigeria Country Manager, Google
- Mayor Esiaba, Head of Marketing – Consumer Business Group, Huawei Nigeria
- Ebi Atawodi, General Manager – Lagos, Uber
- Gerry Tucker, CFO, Bango
- Lexi Novitske, Principal Investment Officer – Africa, Singularity Investments
- Marek Zmyslowski, CEO & Founder, HotelOga
- Adia Sowho, Director of Digital Business, Etisalat Nigeria
- Richard Monday, VP Africa, Opera
- Raphael Afaedor, Co-Founder & CEO, Supermart.ng
- Abasiama Idaresit, Founder & CEO, Wild Fusion
- Chika Nwobi, Managing Partner, L5Lab
- Vytas Paukstys, CEO, Eskimi
- Ngozi Dozie, Chief Partnerships Officer, iROKO Partners
- Juliet Anammah, CEO, Jumia Nigeria
- Mark Essien, Founder & CEO, Hotels.ng
- Fiyin Williams, Brand Manager – Digital Marketing, Guinness Nigeria
More information on The Mobile West Africa 2016 agenda and speaker faculty are available to view at the event website: http://mobilewestafrica.com