Music

“Nomoreloss was Selfless … Kept telling everyone he was fine” – His Brother Opens up

NoMoreLoss-

The late musician Nomoreloss’ (Olumuyiwa Osinuga’s) brother had a chat with the Punch Newspaper and he speaks on what ensued between them and his fond thoughts about his brother.

Here are excerpts from the Interview on Punch:

Nomoreloss’ last moments

I was the last person to see him before he passed away. He spoke about his daughter and music. He loved both dearly. He always wanted his daughter to be happy and he cared about his music. As a selfless person, he never wanted anyone to experience the pain he went through. He always called everybody to tell them he was fine, regardless of his condition. On his last night at the hospital, he made it clear to everyone that he was fine. In fact, he asked me to get him cranberry juice on my way to the hospital the following morning. When we got there in the morning, we were told he had passed on.

His decision to be a Musician

He was not interested in the flamboyance in the entertainment industry, he just wanted to sing. He came out to say he wanted to become a singer in the 90s. At that time, the entertainment industry had not experienced the growth it has witnessed today. Then in 1998, we used to gather at OJB Studios, with Tuface Idibia (2Baba) and other artistes. It was difficult when he ventured into the entertainment industry. I remember he wore my garment for his very first video. That was the kind of support I gave him. It went on until I broke away and delved into the corporate world.

Plans to immortalise him

Definitely, we will make plans for that.

Support received so far

The support from them has been enormous. The artistes that turned out did not come because they were paid; everybody contributed based on the extent to which Nomoreloss impacted their lives. To me, he was my brother but he was also a brother to a lot of other people. The emotional support from them is also commendable.

His major regret on Nomoreloss death

The only regret and pain I have is that he kept so many secrets to himself. He was not very open. He kept telling everyone he was fine even at his last moments. His passing is still a big shock.

Source: Punch

1. Olukemi

April 11, 2016 at 9:12 am

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace…..

2. Sam

April 11, 2016 at 9:38 am

Most great men don’t share. They want to be strong for everyone. He was great. He impacted in me . He was friendly to me even when we met on social media. I would say ‘egbon e ku Ojo meta’. He would say ‘Aburo SE o wa PA?’ I loved him , loved phoenix his wife too. Those are the first couple I loved separately and later discovered they were in love. I was just living in their world until now.
    LESSON: WHAT WILL THEY SAY ABOUT YOU WHEN YOU DIE?

3. skits

April 11, 2016 at 10:51 am

Why is his wife rarely mentioned? Were they separated or what?

• Lagos is my home

April 11, 2016 at 12:56 pm

The way his family various statements leave her out is so disrespectful ….

4. keke driver

April 11, 2016 at 11:08 am

God bless His soul…..He live d a good life and God has called Him to rest…sun re o

5. Nwaoko Chinyere

April 11, 2016 at 5:01 pm

IF she was not available by his bedside before he died, if she was not there to cry out to family and friends that her husband is not as fine as he claims. Then no offence if the family always keep her out of any discussion.

6. babygiwa

April 11, 2016 at 7:31 pm

@skits, I think they were separated. The brother even mentioned that the late singer only used to talk about his daughter and music on his deathbed. I used to listen to Phoenix on the radio and there was a time we heard they had separated.
    May God rest his gentle soul, amen. That is all that matters now