BN TV

BN TV: Segun Gele tackles Body Odour and Shares Ways to Deal with it

segun gele bellanaija may2016 aScreen Shot 2016-05-19 at 22.42.15_“What don’t people take body odour seriously?”

It’s another episode of Segun Gele Uncensored and in this video Segun Gele speaks on types of body, possible causes and ways to curb it. From smelly hair to stinky armpits, he covers all ‘body parts emitting all kinds of smell’ with a little humour as he’s known for.

Watch the Video

1. Joshua

May 20, 2016 at 5:51 am

Nice video and quality advice.

2. Concerned friend

May 20, 2016 at 7:13 am

Hmmm Segun, let me address your last point about “Friends of people like this not helping… God is watching, etc”

I can tell you from my personal experience that this is something I’d never ever do again. I had this very close friend (or at least I thought we were close enough for me to bring up such matters). Oh boy!! I was very wrong.

I tried telling her in every way possible on different occasions – subtle, nicely, by buying gifts of deodorant, perfume, having conversations generally without being direct, etc

Then I thought to try a very direct approach (in the nicest way possible – trust me I was very sensitive. I even had to study different ways to bring up the subject and picked the best one based on my understanding of her personality) as none of the above seemed to be working and my God, all hell broke loose.

I used to be of the same view but after my experience, I wouldn’t be sharing my thoughts or giving my opinion about anyone who has body odour ever again. I’d just stay away because like you said “it’s very offensive”

• Canonymous

May 20, 2016 at 8:12 am

Always best to drop an anonymous note!!

3. Ij

May 20, 2016 at 9:14 am

B.O. in Naija is real. When I first moved back to Naija, I used to throw up a lot!

I just didn’t understand it. I think sometimes Nigerians mistake body-spray for antiperspirant. They are not to same oh. One will just try and mask the smell to no avail, whilst the other will tackle the smell before it forms in the first place.

I worked with this gorgeous girl… everything was neat and tidy except her really bad B.O. She used to use body-spray instead of antiperspirant. I didn’t know how to tell her. And I suppose I should have.

And also, I understand if you have to trek, or travel by public transport – you will obviously sweat more than the ‘AC crowd’.

I’m glad this dude made this video, but 8 mins sha dey too long. I just watched the first 58 secs… LMAOOOOO

4. Nonso

May 20, 2016 at 11:49 am

Segun,..trying so hard to be relevant. He has a say on every issue…go and lose weight oga, most fat people have body odor

• bhai

May 21, 2016 at 3:26 am

The segun guy is quite irritating.
      Trudat.
      There is this terribly fat boy in my school . Unilag Environmental sciences. I don’t know who can tell him that he smells like a trash dump. I’m not close to him but when he walks past somebody ehn ?

• Grace

May 21, 2016 at 5:23 pm

‘Ignoramusness’ is a disease. Really, all fat people smell. Where is your doctorate degree? About Segun being fat. Sit down there as if that will pay your rent or mortgage.

5. Audrey

May 20, 2016 at 1:33 pm

My two cents :

One cannot spray anti perspirant on one’s whole body, so what do you do? Bath twice a day, so your body doesn’t retain sweat. Wipe off sweat immediately, preferably with a damp handkerchief. Wear chemise/singlet/inner where appropriate to soak sweat before it gets to your attire. Whenever you sweat a lot during the day, its advisable to smear lime/lemon on your body for while before bathing.

smelly feet ; Dry your shoes in the sun constantly. Wipe in between your toes after bathing. Ladies wear open toe shoes and sandals instead.

Sweating in between the thighs ; Ladies carry wipes with you. Wipe when you sweat. Wipe after peeing. Make sure you are clean shaven all the time. Pubic hairs hold sweat. Wear cotton underwears (underskirt/knickers/leggings/shorts) and change them EVERYDAY. The smell comes from the anus sometimes, yea. So when you take a bath,bend down and srub with your sponge proper,proper.

If you have to do someone the favor of telling them they small, please drop an anonymous note instead.

• Audrey

May 20, 2016 at 1:34 pm

*SMELL*

6. Audrey

May 20, 2016 at 1:40 pm

My two cents :

For instance, one cannot spray anti perspirant on one’s whole body, so what do you do? Bath twice a day, so your body doesn’t retain sweat. Wipe off sweat immediately, preferably with a damp handkerchief. Wear chemise/singlet/inner where appropriate to soak sweat before it gets to your attire. Whenever you sweat a lot during the day, its advisable to smear lime/lemon on your body for while before bathing.

7. Tunde

May 20, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Not wash your cloth properly or wearing them repeatedly without washing can also lead to body odor, Using of washing machines can also attribute of this, as really does not wash the important part as it ought to.

Cheers.

• bhai

May 21, 2016 at 3:27 am

Lie

8. nonnigerian

May 20, 2016 at 8:19 pm

As a non Nigerian, and like most non Nigerians who encounter SOME Nigerians everyday here in london I can attest to this body order issue SOME Oy’all have. Ts like Indians and curry. But I think with yours I think it’s there permanently. Go visit a Nigerian persons London flat or even their African food store, all us from.other African nations always wonder why does y’all stink so bad like rotten eggs and cheese. Ya body odor, your homes, your food shops other nations have shops too but theirs don’t smell like that. A Nigerian ,(She doesn’t smell and this is rare) friend told me there’s a particular tribe who are known for this. I won’t mention here. They know themselves

9. Abe

April 19, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Although this was posted a year ago I’d wanted comment.
    Hi Segun, I don’t know if you’ll get to see this or not but I’m weighing in anyways.
    I appreciate what you’re trying to say and it’s such an important and sensitive issue. However the way we Nigerians tend to put down ourselves publicly is not healthy. Although there are certain traits that Nigerians exhibit that are undesirable, b.o. shouldn’t be zeroed to Nigerians. It is a universal problem-I can say with certainty as one who’s lived outside the country for a while and met all sorts of people. One thing you fail to mention is that b.o. or m.o. is a medical condition for some people and has defied even the most stringent hygienic practices. The other thing I’d like to draw attention to is your suggestion that ladies who ‘sweat down there’ should ‘scrub very well’. This again, even though you mean well, is usually not recommended by gynaecologists as it can work against the lady if the pH level is altered. Keep up the good work you’re doing but remember to always weigh different factors before making a post on such sensitive issues. Best wishes.