BN TV

#FunkeSays Vlog: How to Plan a Destination Wedding with No Worries

funke bucknor-obruthe on funke says set#FunkeSays is a vlog series hosted by Funke Bucknor-Obruthe, Nigeria’s foremost event planner. This week, Funke takes you on a trip to your preferred destination as she talks “Planning A Destination Wedding” in her quirky and fun way.

Paris! Mauritius! Dubai! Italy! There are so many places and countries that sound perfect when thinking of a destination wedding but have you ever wondered what to consider when planning one? Let’s start with, why a destination wedding? Could it be cheaper? Can you get good deals? What’s the to-do checklist?

Funke tackles all of this and more in this week’s episode.

For more information, social media interaction, and first hand news concerning#FunkeSays,

Follow FunkeSays on Twitter – @funkesaysvlog | Instagram – @funkesays

You can also connect with Funke directly via her personal accounts on Twitter & Instagram – @funkebucknor. For questions, feedback and enquiries –  Send an email to [email protected]

1. Gorgeous

May 4, 2016 at 8:48 pm

BN i just want to comment that i love this feature. Its really nice, engaging and classy. Advice from a seasoned professional. 🙂

2. The real D

May 4, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Ok Nigerian event planners and vendors una wahala don tire me. My siblings and I are trying to put together a party for my dad’s 70th birthday sometime in January of 2018. As the default planner and organizer of things in my family the responsibility as fallen on me. First I was going to try to organize by myself with the help of my mama who is the only one on ground but the woman believes in doing everything last minute and that does not work for us. The main thing we are trying to achieve right now is know what a reasonable budget for what we want looks like as we have ZERO experience doing this but I emailed vendors till today I only heard back from one vendor telling me 2018 is too far out. Yes!!! I know that like airline tickets “no price is guaranteed until ticketed and booked” the same applies in this scenario and 2018 is too far out to book anything but it is not to early to start coming up with a reasonable budget. Abi how una dey do am ???? I emailed some event planners whose work I have seen and as such have a certain level of trust for. Yet, not a single response. NOT ONE!!!! Is communication so difficult with us???? The truth is my siblings and I don’t allow our money to sit fallow especially my brother so we need to budget and I need to inform everyone ahead of time how much we will need but Nigerian event planners no dey respond to Emails it appears and that is key for us and phone or face to face will not be feasible. I guess dey don chop belle full.
    So please I am looking for a honest, trust worthy, reliable and all round good event planner who is ready to communicate mostly via Emails with me but will be working with my mum on ground as well. We will need to see pictures of events you have planned please. Having social media presence is a plus. An event planner based in Lagos is preferred. We know what we want just how much it will cost at least for now and then execution later down the road is what we need help with.

• pesh

May 5, 2016 at 9:26 am

kindly reach out for [email protected]. there services are very fabulous. trust me dear you will be glad you did.

• Omodayo

May 5, 2016 at 11:29 am

Dear, I feel you. I like to plan in advance so I understand how you feel. I know a very good and reliable event planner. Please send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]

• stylista

May 5, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Hi dear. You should check out Events by Bella. Please send an email to [email protected] and you’ll get a response ASAP.

• Nene

May 5, 2016 at 3:15 pm

I don’t know what Nigerian businesses use email for. They hardly reply

3. Wow

May 5, 2016 at 5:09 am

What location are you looking at? Because of our “unpure” ways they always assume mails are fake as Nigeria is still a society that deals with calls. Call the vendors out rightly. Don’t tell them 2018 and don’t you have a friend who can help ask around? Most times pricing is based on location of the party and who you are asking for prices. From 100k to ten million you can have a well organized party

4. AANUOLUWAPO OYEDELE

May 5, 2016 at 9:37 am

i love ds, gud job madam

5. Omodayo

May 5, 2016 at 11:41 am

Please send an email to [email protected] and [email protected]. She is good and very reliable.

6. The real D

May 5, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Thanks everyone, I will look into all the vendors suggested. At wow, we are looking at Ikeja, Opebi area. Trust my BN community to come through. Once again, thanks every one

• blessin

May 10, 2016 at 7:27 pm

golden artery events is awesome you can find them on instagram @goldenarteryevents