BN TV

Watch Segun Gele’s New VLog on the Rising Rate of “Domestic Violence among Young Couples”

BN TV

Segun Gele

Segun Gele is out with a new VLog and on this episode he shares his thoughts on the rising rate of domestic violence among young couples.

He says “It’s been found out that Domestic Abuse has become a societal norm mostly among young couples living together not over 5yrs of marriage and have chosen not to seek for help simply because they don’t want the society, community or family to say they failed! I hope this Vlog reaches out to someone in need of help and realize he/she can only tell his/her story if alive. It could be a case of mental health and the only way both parties can find out is by seeking help!”

1. Olsnetwork

May 20, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Now I know I have offended the Bella naija team. Must watch this when I get new swift subscription. Segun ti take over

2. Ginger

May 20, 2016 at 7:15 pm

hey BN there’s a new update on the Shonde case.

3. timb

May 20, 2016 at 8:35 pm

I got flowers today!

It wasn’t my birthday or any other special day.
    We had our first argument last night,
    And he said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me.
    I know he is sorry and didn’t mean the things he said;
    Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today!

It wasn’t our anniversary or any other special day.
    Last night, he threw me into a wall and then started choking me.
    It seemed unreal, a nightmare, but you wake up from nightmares;
    And I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over — but I know he is sorry;
    Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today!

And it wasn’t Valentines Day or any other special day.
    Last night he beat me and threatened to kill me;
    Make-up and long sleeves didn’t hide the cuts and bruises this time;
    I couldn’t go to work today because I didn’t want anyone to know — but I know he’s sorry;
    Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today!

And it wasn’t Mother’s Day or any other special day.
    Last night he beat me up again, and it was much worse than all the other times.
    If I leave him, what will I do? How will I take care of my kids? What about money?
    I’m afraid of him, but I’m too scared and dependent to leave him! But he must be sorry;
    Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today…

Today was a very special day – it was the day of my funeral.
    Last night he finally killed me;
    He beat me to death.
    If only I had gathered enough courage and strength to leave him,
    I would not have gotten flowers…today.

By Paulette Kelly

• Tgal

May 22, 2016 at 7:43 pm

every woman married or not should read this. it summarizes the whole. Mothers pls advice your children before they even start dating.

4. PD Young Billionaire

May 20, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Your videos are always value adding.Keep up the good work Segun gele.Hope to visit your office in Bissonnet soon.

5. Honeycrown

May 20, 2016 at 11:23 pm

Na every hour this man dey release vlog ni?

• Nkechi

May 21, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Which one did you release every year. I beg leave Segun gele.

6. Tunmi

May 21, 2016 at 1:26 am

I am not so sure that it is rising. What is definitely rising is its awareness

• idomagirl

May 21, 2016 at 9:13 am

I agree. SM is making us more aware of these cases. DV isn’t rising, we’re just more aware of it’s prevalence now.

• Grace

May 21, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Segun. I have always been a fan of yours, Can you proffer Biblical evidence to divorce not being sin? I honestly hope people get it right from the beginning. Sometimes it is a case of mismatch.

7. Rayva

May 21, 2016 at 6:15 pm

DV has always been around, our grand mothers, mothers, aunt, sisters, friends just sat in there and endured as they were told to. social media and our generation of women created public awareness for DV.