Events

Port Harcourt Comes Alive as African Actors Storm the City | See First Photos of Richard Mofe-Damijo, Joke Silva, Omoni Oboli, Eniola Badmus, Lilly Afegbai & More at #AMAA2016

Eniola Badmus

Eniola Badmus

The 2016 Africa Movie Academy Awards is currently ongoing in Port Harcourt, Rivers State and some of the best actors and actresses across the continent are gathered at the Obi Wali International Conference Center.

Here are first photos of the guests, including Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Peace Anyam-Osigwe, Omoni Oboli, Juliet Ibrahim, Queen Nwokoye, Daniel K. Daniel, Nomzamo Mbatha, Eniola Badmus, Lilly Afe, Nichole Banna among others

We can already see some style stars ready to take over the red carpet. Here are some of them…

Omoni Oboli

Omoni Oboli

Juliet Ibrahim

Juliet Ibrahim

Juliet Ibrahim

Juliet Ibrahim

Lilly Afe

Lilly Afe

Lilly Afe

Lilly Afe

Eniola Badmus

Eniola Badmus

Eniola Badmus

Eniola Badmus

More of the first Photos…

Peace Anyam-Osigwe, Olu Jacobs, Joke Silva

Richard AKuson

Nichole Banna

Nichole Banna

Photo Credit: Instagram/#AMAA2016/PHGlitterswithAMAA

1. ATL's finest

June 11, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Lmao BN & their shade on Eniola’s first pix hmm I see y’all. If only Eniola won’t pose that way cuz it makes her look as if she doesn’t have a neck. I’m in LOVE with Juliet Ibrahim’s dress!! Elegant isn an understatement???. Oh the Aneke twins where have they been?? Daniel K. Daniel ( #CRUSH & RMD ) Una can make “woman sin with their thought”. Father forgive me for I don’t know what they’re doing to my mind?

• Fred

June 12, 2016 at 2:22 am

Posting her picture first is no shade,she’s the best dressed i see in all the pictures,All the others are trying too hard,juliets dress is nice but why the old mama hair? All the rest are just there.

• signature

June 12, 2016 at 8:40 am

eniola badmus be posing like superman returns. I love juliet’s dress.

2. Tope

June 11, 2016 at 10:51 pm

The artist are looking nice,Mr Nollywood Olu Jacobs and joke silva nice to see you both,my sister eniola all things big and small God made them all.I see you effortlessly.

3. Apples

June 11, 2016 at 10:51 pm

I really don’t know this people sha! But RMD is just too hot!!

4. aikay

June 11, 2016 at 11:55 pm

I am watching the AMAA life and I must say it is really underwhelming. The turn out was poor, the organisation was tacky and pls don’t even lemme comment on d red carpet cos it was nothing to write about. It keeps getting worse every year. Compared to the AMVCA , it looks like a high school award night. Honestly they really need to improve cos they are loosing grounds each year. Imagine an award where lilian afegbai and eniola badmus is topping the best dressed list? Hmmmmm I reserve my two cents. And finally the biggest winner of the night is Toke for boycotting an award redcarpet first time in history. Was so shocked wen I did not see anyone with dramatic make up wearing a kunbi oyelese’s collection.

• word

June 12, 2016 at 7:44 am

Blame it all on Noble’s wedding

• Biker Chic

June 12, 2016 at 11:45 am

And so what? Get over yasef. Is eniola nd Lillian not human beings? May you be redundant in your life as you have sort to reduce these human beings who God created. So, who are those who should make the best dressed list? Is best dressed anybody’s birth right? You yeye people on this blog. While we are at it, quit the hate on Toke. It is getting stale. Nonsense.

• uber

June 12, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Hmmm sounds like beef my dear, hall had over 2000 people seated. You must have really good eyes to make all these judgement watching it on TV (oops! no power so that must have been the live stream on a phone) oh dear people flew in from all over to be celebrated and they did scream when the winners were announced. Am sure you have a lot of pop corn watching and wishing there must be better than this mosquito infested habitation of mine.

5. tamunotonye

June 12, 2016 at 12:47 am

Bia BN, mind ya sef o.. Port Harcourt bin die b4?

6. Tunmi

June 12, 2016 at 1:02 am

Everyone cleaned up nicely.

So I watched fifty and I have to say that is one of the best produced films out of Naija in terms of technicality. I was afraid that the cheating husband tale would go the other way but I am glad the storyline ended maturely. This film had dark skinned folks filmed well. It was on the level of Korean dramas, and if you ever watch those the camera work is second to none. So yeah, fifty was pretty great. The storyline was also good. I cannot get over the color grading (is that what it’s called). The film was beautiful to watch.

• Ms Dee

June 12, 2016 at 9:04 am

Wait, you have all these praises for Fifty? My dear, you either watched another Fifty from another country or what you watched is Seventy. because Fifty by Ebony Life was an awful movie!

7. nollywoodgirl

June 12, 2016 at 1:27 am

It is only in Nigeria that they will take light in a continental award

8. Titilayo

June 12, 2016 at 2:33 am

Richard ooooo. Richard oooo. Richard ooooooo… How many times did i call you? So suddenly Richard Akuson has become a celebrity oo. Anyways. He looks good, I’m happy to see RMD too. The show was quite poor though.

9. Adisa

June 12, 2016 at 4:11 am

Omoni Obolis gown is the truth mehn, beautiful lady, mesmerizing gown, with #naturalhairgoals

10. Felinda

June 12, 2016 at 5:01 am

The turn out was pitiful, very low turn out
    Anyway those twins need to give up on dressing iidentica. It’s wierd and extremely childish childishh . As old as you are?

11. Omonistan

June 12, 2016 at 8:02 am

Don’t know about y’all, but Omoni is all I see…

12. dellyharty

June 12, 2016 at 8:07 am

Really,I hope eniola was breathing well,cos all I see is a packaged lady

13. Love fashion

June 12, 2016 at 9:52 am

Love love Juliet’s dress, Lilian Afegbai, Layole and Nomzamo, ladies you slayeeeed!

14. Cynthia

June 12, 2016 at 10:02 am

All I see is Juliet,lilian,Rmd and Ayina beautiful people

15. xplorenollywood.com

June 12, 2016 at 10:03 am

Lilian, Juliet and Omoni great looks! RMD looking dapper as usual! For some reason I have given up on the AMAAs! They might not have the budget AMVCAS have but they can make whatever they have work effectively. At BN did u get winners to go for d awards? Lol, it would be good to know.

16. Puzzles

June 12, 2016 at 10:07 am

Queen Nwokoye looks good

I’m just glad eniola has removed that ridiculous nose ring thing

17. King Bey

June 12, 2016 at 1:05 pm

All hail the first lady,she looked absolutely gorgeous…I see you bringing an award home @Omoni Oboli my main woman,love you many many….

18. i no send

June 12, 2016 at 2:55 pm

amvca is the real oscars of africa…who are all these unknown ghanain actors? ..this award has always depended on south south governments to sponsor them but money is now very scarce it must be difficult to pull of an world class event when civil servants are being owed salaries

19. Oma

June 12, 2016 at 4:28 pm

4me i love omoni oboli’s dress,lilian and juliet ibrahim

20. abembem

June 12, 2016 at 5:28 pm

The AMAA awards was a nice event and irrespective of whatever you may think,it was a success…….job Weldon to the organizers…and who’s that Richard Akuson?nice suit though…

21. Control

June 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Juliet, Lilian, Omoni and Layole, well done !

22. Mayborn

June 13, 2016 at 9:48 am

lovelypictures… but wait oh… who is uncle Richard’s stylist ? that person needs to be given an award i just love the way the man slays weldone sir.

23. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

February 9, 2017 at 11:51 am

omono oboli, who is her designer

Mehn ballroom gowns fit her

24. Ifeyinwa Atuanya