BN TV

Aramide talks how Marriage has Influenced her Music, her Style of Music & More on Rubbin’ Minds

Aramide talks about the influence of her marriage on her music, what married life has been like and more while chatting with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu on Rubbin’ Minds.

The Baseline Records artist admits that she’s had so difficulty with time management when it comes to her music and her home. Thankfully she has a very passionate husband who is constantly looking for her to do well.

She talks about her music and how Star Quest helped shape her career.

Aramide also talks about her style of music and how it all started with her father’s taste of music.

Watch the interview below.

1. S

July 4, 2016 at 10:09 am

But your husband is out there chasing his dreams Abi? And there’s no time management issue stopping him. We don’t really know you like that, instead of you to promote yourself and your talent-you’re here talking about marriage and how it has slowed you down blahblah. Tiwa was married, and so is Omotola. Mercy Aigbe too is married. Folorunsho Alakija too.( they only ask her about her marriage because she was born into money and how we heard she got her oil bloc so no grass to grace stories for her). There are more things to talk about as a woman outside of being married and how its impacting your life. We get it- you’re married, but talk about something else abeg. How the culture/economy/globalisation etc are affecting your music or craft. Marriage is beautiful but it’s not everything

• Bodunade

July 4, 2016 at 11:01 am

It’s now a crime to talk about one’s marriage? Why hurt you?

• Bodunade

July 4, 2016 at 11:02 am

*who

• S

July 4, 2016 at 11:25 am

Don’t be an idiot. If you can’t read without understanding pray over it or get out. I didn’t say don’t talk about her marriage, but she needs to market herself instead of giving the same interview all Nigerian female celebs give because we hear the same everyday and thus no one is going to read it- ie this interview won’t give her any headway or attention which she actually needs.. Would YOU have granted such an interview? Oya why don’t you stop crying. You threatened me with being a feminist on the other post, because that’s all men do here when a woman makes a point they disagree with. Abeg gerrout. Nothing you say can move me so just go and brush up on your comprehensive skills cause I know what I said.

• Bodunade

July 4, 2016 at 11:34 am

‘you threatened me with be a feminist.’ I’m confused.
      There is no need to get worked up over her interview. It’s okay if she wants to talk about marriage. Give it a rest. If you think telling her what to talk about like men have been doing since the beginning of time then I comment my reserve.
      I’m a feminist because I really like the idea of splitting the bills hehehe.
      Madam S, it’s not that deep.

2. Korede G.

July 4, 2016 at 10:26 am

Really happy to hear your husband supports you.
    I am a fan of your music and waiting for you album when u drop it.
    Keep doing great music.

3. Harry

July 4, 2016 at 10:31 am

Really love your song Love Me with Adekunle Gold. Hope to hear more great songs. Was expecting Ebuka to ask you questions on your label drama

• S

July 4, 2016 at 11:25 am

Exactly! But no she was talking about her marriage like we gaf about her personal life.

• Korede G.

July 4, 2016 at 12:45 pm

You could have ignored. if you werent interested. You just an hater

4. Tlop

July 4, 2016 at 11:52 am

Hi, I am a Tailor /an upcoming fashion designer, who loves everything about creativity /craft, With so much passion for it, but i’m at the point in my career where I feel I need some mentoring /good experience to more effectively develop my management skills so that I can possibly move into a directorship role. So my request is this: I need a reputable cloths making house that could employ me, or a good link, God bless. Whatsapp contact: 08032730106/ Lagos,Nigeria. #ILoveBellaNaija #MakeNaijaAbetterPlace #SomeonePlsBringHopeToLive

• Plsss

July 4, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Madam this is becoming SPAM now. Haba. There is a thing line between trying to get your skills/needs noticed and becoming annoying when you keep posting this all over the different posts. Review this your strategy, that’s my 2 cents.

5. December Wind

July 4, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Great interview! What exactly is going on here at the comment section though ? *rolls eyes* nice one Aramide.. talented and smart too .. more grease to your elbow darling

6. Tosin

July 8, 2016 at 5:37 am

I’m off to watch this, glad to find it here. Actually, I need to put Rubbing Minds on my to-watch list.