BN TV

BN TV: How to Make a One-Pot Curry Chicken Soup by Bukie’s Kitchen Muse | Watch

Bukie’s Kitchen Muse is out with another episode and today she’s teaching us how to make her One-Pot Curry Chicken Soup. Here’s what she told us;

I’ve increasingly gotten emails over the last couple weeks from a handful of mothers who are constantly looking for smart and creative ways of adding some level of variety to their family’s food menu. If left to chance, your typically Nigerian family could literally oscillate between 3-4 meal types all week – which could be rather monotonous especially if you have teenagers and young adults at home.

This is why I thought I should share my One-Pot easy-to-manage Curry Chicken Soup. It’s pretty simple to execute and it’s called ‘One-pot’ because everything you need to prepare the soup is actually dumped into one single pot at the onset of your cooking. For people who are looking to switch things up, Curry Chicken should definitely be high up your list. It’s absolutely delicious, healthy and it makes for some good variety relative to the traditional stews or soups that we’re accustomed to in Nigeria.

I hope you try it out sometime.

Watch the Video

1. Pham

July 12, 2016 at 4:29 pm

• The Kitchen Muse

July 12, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Thanks Pham, I’m glad you like it.

2. Funmi

July 12, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Kudos Buky. Pls help out.a sister. I relocated recently and I am at a loss as regards food for my family. all we eat i rice and stew every day ; they dont like potatoes, pasta or all these oyinbo foods and at the same time, dont too much fancy swallows. I am writing now because this new video features what can be used instead of stew. any ideas? thanks

• ElessarisElendil

July 12, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Yam and stew, Pounded Yam and Stew, Plantain and Yam Porridge, Beans and Plantain, Rice and Banana.

Anyways you’re in Nigeria now, serve them potatoes, pasta or whatever you feel like, if they refuse bring out a new cane and stand over them until they clear the plate……………..?????Tis a joke, but generally speaking it can be effective.

• The Kitchen Muse

July 12, 2016 at 9:58 pm

????

• The Kitchen Muse

July 12, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Hi Funmi, deciding what to feed loved ones can be exhausting sometimes. Send me your email address and I’ll come up with some suggestions for you.

3. o

July 12, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Thanks for this Bukky. Will try it. I asked before and got no answers. Please where can one get your type of pot? I love it.

• The Kitchen Muse

July 12, 2016 at 10:00 pm

You’re welcome O, I’m sorry I must have missed it the first time. Send me an email please to [email protected] I’ll hook you up

4. The Kitchen Muse

July 12, 2016 at 10:01 pm

For those interested in the pot set please send me an email to [email protected]

5. Meah

July 13, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Well done ma’am! This looks really good. I tried your Banana pancake recipe and it was a disaster, LOL!! That wont discourage me from trying this out though. well done

6. Zarah A

July 13, 2016 at 3:19 pm

I’ll try it out

7. Ms Jayee

July 13, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Thank you! Would definitely try it out this weekend. Just a little tip, smile more during your demonstration. It is more inviting and relaxing *wink*

8. Mobi

July 17, 2016 at 8:15 pm

I made this receipe today. My cousins came over for Sunday and everyone enjoyed it. I am freezing the remainder for Spaghetti for Midweek dinner. Thank you and well done!!