BN TV

Can you recall your favourite Nigerian Jingle while growing up? Watch Hilarious Responses on BN TV

BN TV

Remember those really cool TV and radio commercial jingles Nigerians used to sing and hum to back in the 90’s? Well BattaBox is going to help you relive those times.

BattaBox presenter Odunayo went on the streets of Lagos to ask Nigerians if they remembered their favourite old TV & Radio jingles and even asked them to sing and dance to them, some of which were very hilarious.

What are your favorite old Nigerian jingles?

Watch the video here:

1. Ima

July 21, 2016 at 10:58 am

Mine is “cowbell our milk, put am for tea cowbell, put am for garri cowbell, cowbell e o, e no dey tey to dissolve ooooo, cowbell e o, our milk”

• Jade

July 22, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Battabox is too fun. I love how it shows nigeria in its natural state. No forming. From the presenters, odundayo’s yoruba H factor to the interesting guests, its the best. Keep it up

2. Aibee

July 21, 2016 at 11:20 am

To imagine I was just singing the jingle advertising Laide petroleum jelly in the bath yesterday! Laide de oh, tiwa ni; perfumed jelly, oge ara. Amaradan de, Laide; mawoniyi LAide!

The guy who sang the limca jingle was really feeling the throwback!

3. @edDREAMZ

July 21, 2016 at 11:42 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Dont knw her….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. unadite

July 21, 2016 at 11:53 am

Super visco static “hey, hey, hey, hey, you know what you need, you need a tonic, when there’s engine fatigue”

• Ps.105:14-15

July 23, 2016 at 11:03 pm

“”And of HIS Fullness we have all received and grace upon grace.”” “”And in Christ I have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.”” “”My life is hid with CHRIST in GOD.”” “”He permitted no man to oppress them, and He reproved kings for their sakes, saying, “Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm.”

5. Amaka

July 21, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Nutri c instant orange drink,nutri c nutri c,my favorite drink,my only drink,another name for vitamin c and more,satisfying,nourishing,my best friend nutri c yeah, I love to be a part of it you won’t like to be left out,our best friend, nutri c.

6. Naijatalk

July 21, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Parle soda is so refreshing, parle soda is my kind of drink.
    We no go free oh we no go free Bagco super sac na im we want.
    All I need is a drink Limca, lime and lemony drink Limca.

• Naijatalk

July 21, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Ribena children are healthy children
      Guilty or not guilty? I plead guilty my Lord, I promise to always use pears for my baby.
      Indomie indomie my indomie noodles, indomie indomie, delicious exciting yeah. Just one minute indomie noodles is ready, something something something hmmmm abracadabra
      Indomie indomie my indomie noodles

7. Naijatalk

July 21, 2016 at 12:25 pm

*gree

8. Vicc

July 21, 2016 at 12:26 pm

Breakfast time is planta Iol good old days

9. Big Tee

July 21, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Mine was “Papilo, I know say one day, you go make us proud”.

10. Kasi

July 21, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Neighbor the gas when i buy the other day don finish. Haba neighbor u never hear of domestic gas shop the family shop in times of need.

• Fifi

July 21, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Kasi i don catch you, owiedo, hahaha

11. Fifi

July 21, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Wisemen bank with UBA, UBA UBA;goldspot the zing thing; breakfast time is planta time plantaaaaahh;Premier the wash soap thats two soaps in one soap thats Prermiierrr;MILOO kpa kpa kpa MiiiLoooo;i wont do it till youve done it;heyyyyyy Joy girrrrllll;when your brush your teeth with new Minta freshhh,you can be something something do the taste, its in stripes so brush something something….,, this has taken me down memory lane

12. I'mJustSayn'

July 21, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Cute baby, Evil husband snatching, adulterous witch #ifyoulikeinsultmeIhavesaidmyown

• HMMMM

July 21, 2016 at 2:04 pm

AUNTY YOU ARE IN THE WRONG POST

• liro

July 21, 2016 at 2:51 pm

lmao asin very wrong post and why so angry?

13. Fifi

July 21, 2016 at 1:04 pm

The chocomilo kids are here, choco choco miloooo;maggi cube with the star the secret of good cookinggg;walls icecream refreshingly creammy,walls icecream the dream of icecream;orephtalllll;the trebor ad my favourite line was I love ginger orange

14. Bruness

July 21, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Wow Naijatalk and Fifi have some nostalgic jingles the pears jingle was one of my fave too, throw in OMO super blue OMO wahes even brighter and it shows, Nasco biscuit NASCOOO and Tales by moonlight theme song!!!!! We have some 80’s babies here. I miss them days

15. mel C

July 21, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Nasco biscuit is your biscuit for all flavour, nourishing Nasco king of biscuit

16. onyinye

July 21, 2016 at 4:30 pm

your days start with the rising sun, you`re winners all day long with bournvita, no matter who you are, wherever you may be, you`re winners all day long with bournvita………lol

17. Fade1

July 21, 2016 at 5:01 pm

I am the future of the world, I am the hope of my nation, I am tomorrows people, I am the new inspiration. And we got a song to sing to you, we got a message to bring to you, we got a news for you and for and tomorrow, tomorrow. Coca Cola advert sha he he he. Can’t finish it

18. Tobby

July 21, 2016 at 6:29 pm

I remember ORT
    Oral rideration therapy….. It’s quick and easy…..

Then also 7up advert where papi luwe was the anchor with dewoo racer
    He would
    Sing: I Dey tell you 7up e too goodu o
    If you drink
    Am you go win dewoo racer o
    I Dey tell you 7up too goodu o
    Maalo motor: pim pim
    Maalo dewoo: pim pim pim

19. OJ

July 21, 2016 at 7:02 pm

if you want to reach the lagos market you dont need a majic carpet, radio nigeria 2 is good for you, radio nigeria 2 is good for you…..me i like my country i like the land and people everything day for nigeria make we join hands to make nigeria better…..andrew no check out ooo, nigeria go survive, nigeria go survive, africa go survive, my people go survive ooo, nigeria go survive…..yeah im an 80s man!!!

20. Titi

July 21, 2016 at 8:01 pm

The Pears baby range advert was my favourite, Nasco biscuit lalala
    Parozone super bleach for super whitening..,
    Spread spread Blueband on bread la la……
    Omo Omo super omo, washes brighter bla bla bla

21. Sike

July 21, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Why does she OOOOOPEEEEENNNNN her mouth so wide? Sorry o. Just wondering. Not hating ooo

22. aunty

July 22, 2016 at 1:48 am

“vicks lemon plus take a lick and get the feel… vicks lemon plus with vitamin c; 5 drops a day keeps the cold away…”
    “Indomie; indomie; my indomie noodles”
    “fun time coconut chips”
    “knorrr cubes for super taste; for super taste its know cubes…”
    “b without BB is like a train without an engine”
    “AFRICAN INDEPENDENT TELEVISION! A.I.T. A;I;T daar communications, ogbonge tv, for this country… mama papa o! AIT na we station… Sister brother o! AIT na we station”

so many…

23. emi

July 22, 2016 at 5:05 pm

knorr cubes knorr cubes, super taste in your cooking
    Lipton yellow, yellow label
    b without bb is like a train without an engine. no b without bb.
    ose st mare o

24. odunayosfriend

July 30, 2016 at 9:29 am

pikin; Mum…..
    Mum;yes?
    Pikin; peak milk now comes in a saa..chet
    Mum; i know……i already have a saa..chet
    then we upgraded the advert using KULI-KULI