Scoop

“I have been patient with those who have been attacking me for years…Is it because I am a woman?” – Emma Nyra addresses Song Theft Allegations

BellaNaija.com

Emma Nyra Love vs Money EP BellaNaija 7

Emma Nyra has had it with people attacking her for different reasons.

The most recent reason was that she was accused of “stealing” her recent song “Work Hard” by a Nigerian producer.

In a lengthy post on Instagram, the music star talks about the fact that people have been attacking her for years because she is a woman.

Read what she wrote below.

I have been patient with those who have been attacking me for years. Is it because I am a woman? Do you think I am weak and do not have a voice? I have my own self-funded company. I write and compose MY OWN music with my team way before I enter the studio as well as with any writer I may work with. I ALWAYS conduct business honestly with ALL of my staff members and anyone who renders me a service. You should know by now that I am not weak. You can not prey on me just because I am a woman. This is the #YearOfTheWOMAN. I speak for all women when I say that we should no longer take any form of defamation sitting down. Any one, and any company, trying to defame me henceforth will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. You will see the power of God and His love work through me this year and forevermore. This is the first and last time I am addressing anything like this ever again. Now, back to the music!#NyraMusicMonday in full effect!#StopVictimizingWomen #WORKHARDand #MAKEMONEY#LoveVersusMoney #YearOfTheWOMAN #WheresMyMoney? #ItsNotByForceToWorkWithYou #WhoYouHep?

1. Bolanle

July 22, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Emma nyra I feel your pain. Don’t mind dem bullies. Idiot. Your going to the top.

• Chioma

July 22, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Don’t worry Emma, people will talk but it won’t stop God’s plan for you. You are beautiful, strong and talented.

2. Karashika

July 22, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Smart lady. Get your paper! Why pay attention to people who want to see u fail

3. De Duchess

July 22, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Why is she always playing victim?
    Is it because you are a woman? Really?

Doesn’t D’banj face as much attack or even worse. Sean Tizzle? Harrysong?

Please people like to hate, it has nothing to do with you being a woman. Stop it!
    Maybe you are doing something wrong and you need to re-focus. Seyi Shay is always being attacked, if she was saying this, I will get it but you Emma…. Always bringing the excuse of being a woman, like you hate it and you are trying to adapt to being a woman.

Women, please, lets learn to stop thinking it is because we are women that somethings happen to us.
    I know we have a lot of chauvinistic souls on this side of the world but it is not always because we are women. We have issues too!
    Lets learn to be objective. Don’t always use the ‘it is because I am a woman’ trend.

4. keke driver

July 22, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Madam, No one’s “preying” on you cos you’re a woman, come on? Are you the ONLY woman in your industry?…can we please STOP!!! all these gender ish?

5. Bodunade

July 22, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Love Emma Nyra. She’s allowed to say what she feels right?? If that’s what she thinks, No problemo.

6. Spunky

July 22, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Your fans will remain loyal to you no matter what. Stay focused and keep challenging yourself. E no easy!

7. Sammy

July 22, 2016 at 7:37 pm

TELL THEM EMMA. Every one has a right to defend themselves when they feel attacked…she did just that! Kudos girl

8. Yemisi

July 22, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Emma Nyra What is all this ‘because I am a woman’ rubbish?! Face the issue hand, you have been accused of stealing a song and not giving credit, SIMPLE! You are not the first artist to try and get a way with things for free or not giving people credit for their work! Stop being silly and playing the victim.
    I am tired of your name constantly being linked to scandal, can you not get attention any other way?
    1. First you enter into a ‘relationship’ with your boss that turns sour!
    2. Then you get caught lying about the affair and denying sleeping with your boss Ubi
    3. Now you are being accused of theft!
    How many more scandals?
    ONLY YOU EMMA!!
    You are becoming a laughing stock and no longer seen as a serious artist smh

• Puzzles

July 23, 2016 at 12:09 am

You call another woman like u a laughing stock.

Continue.

Your turn will soon come.

9. Mr. Egghead

July 22, 2016 at 9:11 pm

When everything fails, play the ‘woman’ card
    ??

10. sense

July 22, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Tiwa is a woman
    Waje is woman
    Seyi shay is also a woman
    Sit down there don’t go and look for inspiration to atleast have 1 hit song to ur name.

11. Chi

July 22, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Emma is my girl but the narrative is getting old.

12. Cookie

July 23, 2016 at 1:33 am

Yemisi let her breathe. If she says she was not in a relationship with ubi, then she was NOT IN a relationship with him. Maybe to him there was a relationship but to her he was maybe just a sex partner. And even if there was something, it’s not a criminal offence. Even her denying for whatever reasons, is also not a criminal offence. And if that makes her a laughing stock while Ubi the boss is not a laughing stock, then we need to change our societal narratives of shaming a woman for having an affair. Why you so pained.

And for the issue at hand, Maybe she ain’t doing nothing wrong and someone is actually trying to defame her. She probably knows exactly who she is talking to. Let her be mbok.

• Wedey

July 23, 2016 at 3:24 am

Truly – Yemisi should let her be. She says she wasn’t in a relationship. It is not by force to consider whatever went on between her and Ubi a relationship. Please let her be if she says she’s being bullied due to her gender. Pls

13. Big Tee

July 23, 2016 at 9:02 am

Baby babes. dont mind them…..we are winning still.