News

What Happened Between Me and Oluremi Tinubu – Dino Melaye

BellaNaija.com

Dino Melaye Press ConferenceSenator Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi West), has confirmed his reported clash with Senator Oluremi Tinubu (Lagos Central), during senate’s closed-door session on Tuesday.

Melaye, addressing a press conference on Thursday said that he never spoke about impregnating Tinubu, adding that he did not use “insolent, abusive, degrading and mannerless language against any Senator”.

He added that he reacted after Senator Tinubu called him a dog and a thug.

It was reported that when Senator Tinubu rose up to speak during the session, she said:

I’m just wondering why whenever Senator Dino speaks in this chamber, he is always threatening people and behaving childishly and at times like a thug.

I think he needs to know that every senator here represents their constituencies. And that there is no need to threaten anyone. We are seeking and working towards reconciliation, yet you are busy issuing threats.

According to Vanguard, Melaye’s statement read:

It is my sincere pleasure to address you this morning. It wouldn’t have been necessary to address you on the subject matter I’m about to address you on but it has become expedient that despite the fact what I am addressing you transpired in the executive session of the senate but because of the misinformation by people of inordinate ambition out there. It has not only become expedient but it has become very, very paramount that I address you on this subject matter.

On Tuesday, July 12th, we had an executive session to discuss basically on the issue of forgery case in court and when I stood up to address and I want to say that on my honour as a christian on my honour as a father and on the oath of my office as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I am telling you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have never being a coward, I will not start an apprenticeship programme now on how to become a coward. Whatever I say anywhere I can boldly repeat everywhere. When I stood up and I made my submissions that day in the senate, all I did was to pacify my colleagues and asked that the case in court be withdrawn because already there is a resolution of the senate that the rules of the senate were not forged and since there was a resolution of the senate that the rules of the senate were not forged, I said all those who have gone to court should go and withdraw their names from court and that if at the end of the day those who refused to withdraw their names from court we should penalise them by suspending them; I said that.

But I did not use any insolent abusive degrading or mannerless language. So there was no reaction from any of our colleagues as regards my presentation. After I spoke so many other senators spoke and I did not mention the name of any senators while I was making my presentation, unfortunately Senator Oluremi Tinubu got up and was recognised to speak and immediately she started speaking, she specifically mentioned my name even when in my presentation I did not mention anybody names I only appeal to the sensitivity of my colleagues and asked them to withdraw their case from court and reminded them already that there was a resolution of the senate that the rules were not forged. But because of reasons only known to senator Oluremi Tinubu she got up the first thing she said was that she’s being harassed in this chamber by Senator Melaye. I kept quite at that point, she went ahead to say that ‘why will he come here and be threatening senators’, and there was a large chorus from senators ‘how, when, where’.

At that point I was still very calm, she got up again and said that this thug must be tamed. At that point I got up and I told her that she is very stupid. The next statement from her was that ‘you are a dog’. She called me a dog and when she called me a dog I stood up and I reacted and I told her that this is not Bourdillon (Tinubu’s residence in Lagos) and that she should look at my face that I am not one of those senators who normally come to prostrate to them in Bourdillon. I told her I am from Kogi State, I am not from Lagos State and that there would never be a day that I will come to you for political assistance. This were my words and she went on shouting dog, thug.

I want to tell you gentlemen of the press for every reaction there must be an action. When I got up to address my colleagues she was not the only senators there. If I had used insolent language or foul languages you will know. The type of senators we have would have reacted and some of them would have even addressed you guys by now to say Dino insulted us. But because she acted in the manner she did, not one senator stood up in her defence when I was tongue lashing her. Even the senators from Lagos was there, Ashafa was there he didn’t stand up from his seat. It is not true that anybody circled her because there was no need to. I did not leave the spot where I was sitting I didn’t get up from my seat. So there wouldn’t have being anybody to but somehow she got falsehood sold to the Sahara Reporters.

Nobody among those of us who spoke there actually talked about impeachment. In fact, the issue of the presidency or president was not the subject matter we were discussing on how the senate can also come together and solve the forgery case. There wouldn’t have being any need to even discuss about President Buhari or the Presidency but because of deliberate wickedness and satanic manifestations they brought in the issue of presidency to garnish their aim and purpose.

Today, I read on the pages of newspaper that in Nation to be very precise that Senator Borrofice calling me names. Unfortunately, this expatriate senator, absentee senator called Senator Borrofice was not even in the Chamber and he has not being in the chamber for the past two months. He was not in the chamber, I was surprised maybe he has celestial powers to understand what happens in his absence. For him to open his gutter and pass insolent languages on me. I have never been a coward and I will never be, I fight my battles alone and I stand by it and there is nothing I say anywhere that I cannot repeat everywhere. If there are instances that I am not a super human being, if there are instances where as a human being I have reacted negatively, I am also ready to be apologetic about it. But in this particular instance, I have never mentioned anybody’s name, I never even used insolent languages but because they are here to heal from the wound of defeat of the election of the senate president and because of my key role in the exercise. She and her husband called me several times to appeal to me to backoff Saraki and I said I will not backoff Saraki.

I will continue to support Saraki; Saraki is my brother, he is my friend and I will continue to support him and this will not change today, it will not change tomorrow, it will not change in these four years of our stay in the Senate. Every human being can have ambition, it is not a crime to be ambitious. Saraki had the ambition of becoming a Senate president and God endorsed it, President Muhammadu Buhari is an ambitious person that is why he contested for the presidency four times before God answered him. I am an ambitious person, I event want to be president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria very soon. So it is not a crime to be ambitious. So if you go through the papers today there has been a lot of misinformation, a lot of lies, a lot of blackmail, planted stories just to discourage the person and personality of Dino Melaye but I want to assure everyone that I remain resolute in my compaternal convictions.

I will continue to stand by the truth, I will continue to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves, I will continue to be a voice to the voiceless.

In a reaction I heard that Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu said my political career has come to an end. I want to say that Tinubu is no God. I fear only the God almighty, I fear no soul I only respect souls. So far my political journey to the House of Representatives and the Senate have no political, financial or moral contribution of Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the God who has brought me this far is mighty, strong and enough to take me further, what God has given me no man can give and what God has given to me no man can take. I want to assure you that this is the true story of what transpired.

It is fallacious, malicious and a lie that I said I will impregnate Remi Tinubu. Biologically it is even impossible to impregnate her because she has arrived menopause. If you also look at that statement for those of us who are intellectually mobile, how can you say you want to beat somebody and at the same time you want to impregnate the person. If you juxtapose the two is there any correlation, does it make any logical sense. So, when they planted this falsehood they did not think deeply. I want to say that I will continue to uphold the culture the tradition, the values of the Kogi West Senatorial district and I will not abuse it.

It is absurd for a woman to look for her colleague and call him a thug and a dog when he has not personally addressed her. Unfortunately, I do not have the anointing to be quiet when I’m being insulted. I replied accordingly. I repeat, there is no reaction without an action. If she did not call me a dog or a thug, there is no way I would have responded. I have no regrets for responding and defending my person. If tomorrow or in the next one hour, Senator Tinubu again calls me any name, I shall equally respond accordingly.

Photo Credit: NAIJ.com

1. Abi

July 14, 2016 at 10:41 pm

This man is a typical example of the saying “A nation gets the kind of leaders it deserves”. How this wife beating, pregnancy denying, hoe chasing, less of a man got elected to the House of Assembly is beyond me. In saner environments, he would be locked up in a cave protected by lions and hyenas. To think some kids call him dad! #SMH

• Suwa

July 15, 2016 at 12:30 am

Dino is telling the truth Abi.

• Damilola

July 15, 2016 at 12:58 am

Nigerian so called leaders are bunch of immature, entitled, annoying small kids throwing tantrums. It’s quite embarrassing and pathetic to see what these senators spend their time doing. They get paid for doing absolutely nothing, making fool of themselves.
      Dino, I pray God will never allow you to become president. This is not about your own personal ambition, to contest so you can flex your power. God allowed Buhari , past leaders to show Nigerians a reflection of themselves. It’s warning for us to get right with HIM. Nigerians are the most religious group yet wickedness prevails in that country. We cannot keep repeating the same mistakes. Infact, I’m doing special prayers for Nigeria now, enough is enough of having selfish, wicked, incompetent leaders. During Buhari’s and after his administration God will revolutionize that country himself. He will raise up leaders who will finally lead Nigeria in a decent, positive way.

• Rusty Dino Dino

July 15, 2016 at 2:47 am

@ Dami I pray he at least campaigns to become one.

I am not from kogi and its my only chance at him please. Why should he not go for the presidential race? May he win the primaries (become the unopposed candidate like Jonathan ) If not he should please by fire by force go ahead and form a new one like akala

I want a chance to know if there is more to the man than I already know. Onya tell me Biko, would you not want to know How well can he handle loosing out of a presidential race; will he throw tantrums or send thugs along the way? Can he stand to be in the same room with his winning political opponent without beating him/her.

• lacey

July 15, 2016 at 7:09 am

Amen [email protected] I am praying for Nigeria as well! Like my friends would say!Nigerian leaders are a reflection of the people! Imagine the masses suffering, instead these useless set of leaders to take a pay cut,they are there getting paid for doing nothing!who cares if they insulted themselves!we do not give a damn about this wicked people that call themselves leaders!it is well with Nigeria!This should send a strong warning that come 2019!God will flush all of them out! Any of them that refuse to leave power we have to face God’s wrath!

• NIRA

July 15, 2016 at 9:57 am

He said he tongue-lashed her, meaning he most likely said he’d beat, rape and impregnate her, abi?? So technically the story out there is not a lie. Once a thug, always a thug.

2. Tunde

July 14, 2016 at 10:41 pm

For someone who lied about never getting married to his wife- I won’t take anything pass him

For someone who lied he never fathered a daughter with Ibidapo obey- I won’t take anything pass him

For someone who lied abt his second marriage to alero and had to remove the tattoo as a cover up- I won’t take anything pass him.

Your last paragraph tells us who exactly you are. An unapologetic arrogant chauvinist.

you are anything but my senator

Can only happen In kogi

• Kogi babe

July 15, 2016 at 9:34 am

@Tunde, I agree with you, I won’t put anything past this man, but saying it can only happen in Kogi is wrong. It can happen anywhere, there are lots of corrupt and undisciplined politicians from all over the country in the senate. Tribalism is one of our greatest problems in this country, can we just put that aside and be more concerned about the greater good of Nigeria?

• heeba

July 15, 2016 at 2:16 pm

AS AN INDIGENE FROM KOGI STATE and particularly from Dino Melaye constituency I would like to APOLOGISE on his behalf to all WOMEN and their partners for the shameless ,toutish, mentally retarded and chauvinistic person called a man.
      Please forgive us it is our fault that he was given microphone to speak at the National assembly as a leader .We have a problem in our constituency too many professionals and academicians who cannot handle the politics being played out in Nigeria so as we did not come out or did not have the funds to come out and so this was what presented itself!!! In fact I am presently in the village trying to acertain if he truly is from aiyetoro-gbede or maybe some body came to drop him off in Okun land by mistake at birth.
      Mostly from revelations it seems he has been CURSED by several people.(particularly women)
      please until they wash his head at home ALL NIGERIAN WOMEN SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM HIM. (Men please keep your wives away from him oooo) I don talk

• Gabriel

July 15, 2016 at 7:33 pm

of all the comment here,i can not stop laughing after reading your comment as a matter of fact 9ja is a shame what will happen in other country’s that they will step down a 9ja leader will be justifying his/her action ..silly man talking about presidency when you can not handle a close door meet …too bad.

3. le coco

July 14, 2016 at 10:48 pm

How .. how was this man elected.. saying g she reached menopause because? throwing all this shade doesn’t help ur case … how dyu knw she has reached menopause. we’re u between her legs? so a woman dared to stand up to u nd u cnt take y like a big boy… j can’t believe there are women on this planet who tht u were husband material.. truly disgusted

4. dupsy

July 14, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Honestly I just don’t understand why the average ( I didn’t say all) Nigerian man has to first see a woman as being a sexual / reproductive object before acknowledging her as an individual! I just don’t get it honestly. I have been baffled with the different reports of what allegedly happened between him and Remi Tinubu and I didn’t really know what to believe so I was happy to read this article coming directly from him but where he mentioned Remi Tinubu being menopausal was where I just became irritated why couldn’t he have just stopped before talking about her being menopausal. I didn’t say I was ever going to rape her or sleep with her period! Why must you now open up yourself to embarrassment and people misinterpreting you by talking about something that deals with a woman’s reproductive aspect? Why for goodness sake? Gosh! I am out!

5. Bey

July 14, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Bingo the dog…………. I weep for Nigeria. That this man can be called a senator.
    Same maleye talked abt Oshiomole not patronizing made in Nigeria bcos his wife is a foreigner. What sort of man just objectifies women, as if we are objects.
    Imagine him saying Remi Tinubu is approaching menopause. Who exactly talks like that.
    It’s obvious he has no regard for women, that is why he can’t keep a marriage. 1st wife fled, 2nd wife fled even with pregnancy.
    Dino dis ur mouth dat is running like okra, they will do a “FFK” on u soon, when all manner of investigations start manifesting for you, left rite Center, you will shut it, just like FFK lost his voice. You will also loose urs.
    Keep supporting Saraki, question is if EFCC or any other body cum after you, I don’t see Saraki doing nada for you.

6. lex

July 14, 2016 at 11:44 pm

The big part of why we don’t like each other in this country is the people like Senator Dino who provide us with cues , they spend all their time telling us that the other person is no good. They tell us that the other person is always wrong. They tell us that Kogi state has nothing to gain from Lagos state. They tell us that people from Imo state are better than those from Kano state. Leaders like this Senator Dino are the failure in our country.

This man is a disgrace to Kogi State and to Nigeria. Menopause? What responsible man would talk about menopause in the way this fellow just did. The bible says that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. A man with the fear of God will respect and honor women no matter the situation. I know Dr. Saraki is silently ashamed of this man fighting for him. There is no way in the world this man is going to be the President of Nigeria.. I think we are better than to vote this man into the highest office in the land.

7. Marlvina

July 14, 2016 at 11:58 pm

Well, I wasn’t there, so I can’t really say anything on the “Melaye & Remi Tinubu” saga. Nevertheless, I know politics is for sure a dirty game! These are some of the things you face and hear. Issues of godfathers and stuff. Everyone wants to hold power and be significant. SMH!

8. Zaza

July 15, 2016 at 12:14 am

It is obvious people on here are feminist truth is tinubu is no god it’s high time someone stood up to him who is remi ? What right does she have to call dino names like he said this is not bourdillon her and her husband can go to hell

• debbie

July 15, 2016 at 1:23 am

Hi Zaza, I feel they are both wrong. But I expect Dino to play some maturity. As a teenager, we should respect and look up to our senator not vice versa. I think this issue is not about taking sides, but addressing the matter, I got pissed off when he was trying to put God in his career. So u expect my generation to vote for him as a president……

9. Suwa

July 15, 2016 at 12:27 am

Remi and Dino… una fit each other well.

10. Grace

July 15, 2016 at 1:31 am

Dear Professors on bellanaija,

there are always two sides to every story.. i UNAPOLOGETICALLY support Dino.. even though his part of the story might not be the completely honest version.. but obviously this shows that Saraki is just getting punished for dreaming..it could be you tomorrow or your family or friend..

some of u pretend to be better visionaries and politicians and analysts but cant see when you are obviously being fooled! you can call me all you want! but please dont start preaching and cursing Dino if you actually dont agree that Remi and her hubby are not doing something right, they are just as guilty as every politician in Nigeria! wicked,greedy and manipulative!!!

And if Dino is Razz enough to shut them up once in a while then so be it!

Feminist pleaseeee dont make this about you or about women right, every gender has right!! some women are just as evil…they raise dust and hide under feminism…

• ElessarisElendil

July 15, 2016 at 3:05 am

“i UNAPOLOGETICALLY support Dino.. even though his part of the story might not be the completely honest version..”
      ^
      Problem with Nigeria.

• canigetsomeintelligencehere!

July 15, 2016 at 4:00 am

People like you irk me so badly! See ehn you can’t dislike tinubu and his wife as much as I do. In fact I consider her a big disappointment of a senator who hasn’t done much with the position she got only because of who her husband is. Oh and guess what I am very Yoruba!

This guy here is nothing short of an animal and a national embarrassment. To whom much is given much is expected. I don’t excuse Remi’s behaviour, she sunk low too but how can a senator anywhere in the world speak/react in this manner???? He has definitely proven her right that he is a dog and a thug!

This has nothing to do with feminism but being a human being and respect for yourself and the people you represent at such a high level. Whatever happened to keeping quiet and ignoring like a mature human being rather than getting all emotional?

Fact is Dino melaye is an abusive human being who thinks he can get away with anything. And to add insult to injury, the gizzard wants/thinks he can be president! Haba Nigerians deserve better than this now!?

This politics of entitlement propagated by the likes of bola tinunbu must stop! We must stop the politics of handing political offices to people on a platter of gold. You can’t appreciate what you don’t work for!

We deserve to be represented by people of integrity who amongst many things also have emotional intelligence to know when to and how to speak. These 2 definitely lack those qualities.

Gosh things like these just make me soooo mad hence the epistle. I need to go back to bed maybe I’ll feel better.?

11. Nkechi

July 15, 2016 at 1:44 am

This man might be using the wrong tone and language, with typo errors or bad English but this man is loyal and fearless..this is the politics we have in Nigeria..lets stop thinking we are Americans better still lets stop measuring out politics and politicians with foreign scales! here our government is disrespectful,here we are not sure if our president is educated, here impossible things that can never happen anywhere in the world happens!! so please what scale are u guys using to measure leadership behaviours in this country?

To me, this government has shown rascality over and over and they deserve rascals too..till the day we all decide we have had enough! till then please drop the gauge lets all keep suffering and smiling while fighting only politicians that we wont benefit from!

• chigurl

July 15, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Your comment is everything! One day Nigerians will open their mouth and say ‘enough!’ And really mean it.

12. Lol

July 15, 2016 at 1:44 am

Oh Jesus! We pray for Nigeria. Amen

13. Mr. Egghead

July 15, 2016 at 2:27 am

Did Remi Tinubu really call Dino a thug and a dog?

• unadite

July 15, 2016 at 5:52 am

Very likely she did but did he have to say all that?

• Md

July 15, 2016 at 8:33 am

@unedited YES, u can’t just go insulting people and won’t expect a retaliation

• Newton's 3rd Law.

July 15, 2016 at 8:51 am

@unadite and others, do you really have any idea what it means to call a human being, a man, a dog? Have you tried imagining, putting yourself in that situation? Your best imaginings cannot even prepare you for such an event were it to actually happen, unexpected and unscripted, to you. And, in public, before an audience of your professional colleagues. I was not there. Neither were you Apparently, no one commenting on this page was..

I have never admired Mr. Melaye, neither Bola Tinubu, nor really, his wife. They all, have unsavoury pasts, incidences and events and histories in their lives that are either criminal, scandalous, or just plain embarrassing or shameful. So, nothing to choose there, really. I have learnt, and am still learning, that in life, often, with people, you have to take things on a case by case basis. That the village drunk usually talks nonsense does not mean that the day he says that the day either of the twins fathered by the old king through his new, young wife ascends the throne, then for the first time ever, a foreigner and a bastard will have ascended the throne of the kingdom, does not mean he is talking nonsense as usual.

Forget the actors. Find the facts.

I don’t know what the facts are. But I will say that it is just as extremely unseemly, uncouth,and ugly for a woman to challenge a man, and call a man names, most especially in public, as it is for a man to do the same to a woman.

Some truisms I find in Senator Melaye’s speech:

Every action has a reaction. There is no reaction without an action.
      Tinubu is NOT God.
      What man did not give one, man cannot take from one.

And, to tell the un-hypocritical truth, most of us “”do not have the anointing to keep quiet when being insulted”” (most especially such insults as are alleged).

His was in a negative way but I really do believe that as a matter of utmost urgency, Nigeria needs more Nigerians who can stand up boldly and speak up without fear or favour of man. The times we are passing through require this. We need many who have the access and power to speak truth to government and to each other. We need to say it as it is and demand better. Much, much better.

• The Word of God is My Mirror.

July 15, 2016 at 10:12 am

@unadite: Malachi 3: 17 and John 1: 16 and Ephesians 1: 23 and Colossians 2: 10 and Colossians 3: 3.

• mary

July 15, 2016 at 2:40 pm

but he is a thug and a dog. lets be sincere

• Vee

July 17, 2016 at 9:01 am

Even if he wasn’t he proved to be one with his response smh

14. Okobasa

July 15, 2016 at 7:07 am

Just passing by….I just the observe…hmm! What an ambitious senator…. Dream on..

15. dammy

July 15, 2016 at 7:37 am

At this point,i am constrained to unleash several jabs of verbal punches on the gullible peddlers of cowardice on this thread but decided to be humanitarian rather than being human like most of the clueless and nauseating empty headed rascals crucifying melaye for ehibiting legitimacy and undaunted courage of his personalty…we can’t continue to compromise our courage and loyalty to frailty.All-traducers-must- be-cautious!

• Morolake

July 15, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Hiaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i can feel your vex. Drink water, don’t let these disgraceful senators give you a headache. They so aren’t worth it. Pele

16. that yoruba girl

July 15, 2016 at 8:27 am

So if he was called a dog must he react like that, it just shows truly he’s a thug, there are so many civil ways to respond to your fellow distinguished members or humans in general, it’s just like fighting or exchanging words with some one who is mentally deranged, there’s no difference between them both. This was what he did in 2010, with his fellow female member, what about his comments regarding Oshiomole’s wife, Dino needs to be tamed, he’s a wild beast.

17. Ivie

July 15, 2016 at 9:12 am

Both Remi and Dino are wrong.

• Anon

July 15, 2016 at 10:17 am

Walahi! Two wrongs don’t make a right.

18. Barrister

July 15, 2016 at 10:28 am

We know his antecedents ii.e fighting in public [email protected] the House of Representative,this was the reason he was dropped by his party. He then the BBOG group,that was how he was able to join the APC. I do watch the plenary,he’s always arrogant,rude and his
    rants filled innuendos. He can’t keep threatening his colleagues just because they’re not in support of his agenda….there’s nothing wrong in calling him a thug,because it is a statement of fact(he fought his colleagues in public while cameras were rolling and his cloth got torn).
    Dino is not fighting for the interest of Nigerians,but his pocket. Saraki made him Senate chairman committee on FCT. Also,the FG have not released their padded 260billion naira constituency funding,they’re all angry.
    From his press release,one can logically deduce that he did what he’s being accused of… No sentiment,just Critical Thinking!!

• nwanyi na aga aga

July 15, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Chop knuckle jor! How person who watches Dino in their sessions get to believe he didn’t threaten other opposing senators in his rant ( cos Dino is logically incapable of making a speech) is beyond me. Dino? Mad man Dino? Wife beater Dino? whom two women fled, left all the money plus dino 1- 10 cars and ran away from…hahhahahahahahahahahaha make speech. Mbanu! that means its snowing in Naija. Dino is a mad bipolar man, unfortunately Tinubu, APC and his wife deserve Dino. Scum Dino that PDP had to drop. imagine when dirty bags drop someone and call him a dirty bag…hehehehe. APC rushed and embraced the madman in the era of change. This is just the beginning.

19. AyoBella

July 15, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Thanks Barrister .
    Nigerians can so forget .
    Dino Melaye Exchanged Blows,got his clothes torn in short ,Dino Melaye fought literally, throwing chairs and tables, later to earn him a 1 year suspension
    How else do you define a thug ?
    Remi forgot to add : ruffian, hoodlum, mugger, gangster, hooligan, vandal, Yardie ,so I will add these to adequately describe him.
    In more civilized societies hoodlums like him never go near the corridors of power and governance .

20. precios

July 15, 2016 at 1:13 pm

D other day i got to the airport in London late due to an accident on the road we were in the traffic for 2 hours,it was a flight to nigeria and they said it was 40min to our flight that they wud not allow me. so this big man came He was late as well and they askd him if he was flyin economy or upper class, the man said upper class…so they said they wud allwd him…i spoke to this man to help me put in words so they cud allow me…he didn’t even acknowledge me nor respond me. Nigerian rich men dont give a shit about the poor ones, He is probably a politician or a big pastor in church but my point is , the privileged people in nigeria are so wicked…they use d poor to live a more comfortable life….tomorrow that man wud want to be a governor and its still same poor people that wud vote for him after givin them rice and oil…nigeria is so fucked

21. mrsid

July 15, 2016 at 1:27 pm

so in your own dictionary, to Tongue-Lash someone means to beat, rape and impregnate them abi?

22. mary

July 15, 2016 at 2:21 pm

JAGABAN MUST NOT LET THIS GUY GO!!! if he lets this guy go tinubu is a COWARD

• Huh?

July 15, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Does Jagabans leg not touch the ground, is he not a human being again?

23. Suga

July 15, 2016 at 3:05 pm

This is a game of 50/50. Reni is simply not any better than Dino after all she started it first and found her worst match afterall some body is supposed to win the game which has gone to Dino. Or was she expecting him to keep quiet because she is his mother? And now most people are calling Dino names. What ever happened has happened, I’m sure she has leant her lessons afterall all senators are supposed to be equal. Not everyone actually care about how powerful her and her husband is or are. It’s a clear case of do me and I do You! An individual is even a more terrible person when you refuse to accept what you can give to other people. Reni choice of words were her best for him as Dinos choice of words were his best for him. Both of them should go for rehabilitation at the same clinic with the same psychologist. Period!

24. Oyin

July 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm

If an example is not made of Dino Melaiye, so that a clear message that this kind of behavior is unacceptable across the length and breath of Nigeria, then we are not serious as a nation . We are literally sending the wrong signals to the young men and boys that it is okay to talk to women anyhow, that it is okay to rape women, that it is okay to be violent with women… and NONE OF THESE IS OKAY! We need to make an example of this man, By now, I excepted women rights group, womenin the senate etc to be protesting now

• Two fighting

July 15, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Sorry but what do we do to Remi? Is it right for women to talk to men anyhow too? Both of them are wrong and should be reprimanded.

• Sam

July 17, 2016 at 1:46 pm

so what do you do to Remi? is it right for her to insult a public officer? dont be biased, both of them were wrong

25. kutiheskey

July 15, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Let’s them settle the Issue amicably

26. kutiheskey

July 15, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Let them settle it amicably

27. Marcus

July 16, 2016 at 7:45 pm

“……..and she called me a Dog then I reacted (like a local Dog and started barking woof woof)
    Aja!!!!

28. Vee

July 17, 2016 at 9:10 am

Both senators are wrong. Madam Remi you did not have to call Oga Dino a dog and a tout. Oga Dino with your response you only succeded in showing us that you may indeed be a dog or a tout.
    There has to be some sort of code of conduct on how to address one another on the senate floor.
    We have more crucial issues to be discussing and handling but no the senate decides to exchange unnecessary banter on our money. If you don’t know we paid them for the time we they used to insult each other.
    Our country is suffering a recession Oga Dino use this your bravery or courage to find ways of moving the country forward. I believe we will appreciate it better.
    It’s time for us all to wake up and stop all this partisan politics call a spade a spade so Nigeris can move forward

29. Sam

July 17, 2016 at 1:44 pm

after the huge mistake we made by voting PMB as president, i will never support Dino for presidency. God forbid

30. Lols

July 17, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Although I don’t like Dino and can’t stand him, I feel
    This is a case of two fighting and in a situation like this if one party uses foul language the other will want to retaliate. If Remi had much diginity as well
    She wouldn’t call him a dog and a thug. What she
    Got in return is behaviour from a thug which Dino really is. The crux of the matter is all these politicians are illiterates, they can’t hold heathy conversations without directly accusing each other
    and using foul language. The fact that someone has money, or drives fast cars doesn’t make them
    Posh, if you dig underneath very well, you will find
    Them to be very dull minded, I submit my case LMAO

31. Naija

July 18, 2016 at 12:31 am

When some lawmakers in d past administration jump the fence we said they were Brave, now that a senator is reacting to an insult people are busy talking about good conduct, as if they would not do worse.

32. Naija

July 18, 2016 at 12:46 am

That woman was wrong by calling a senator names and she got what she deserve. She insulted d man thinking he is one of her husband worshippers. Let us call a spade a spade, if she can’t respect d man how are we sure she do respect d husband at home.

33. Abidemi Nevada (USA)

July 19, 2016 at 7:18 am

Political propaganda. Senator Remi calling senator Dino thug and dog (disgraced to south west) tongue-lashing is not to kill,impregnate or beat coz some are blinded and deafen by deir ego here on bellanaija . Bourdillon once a fish pond for the white (Britain) before independent. Lol

34. olas

July 20, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Pls to be sincere sen DINO suppose to be punish for his conduct, His try to get favour from Saraki, the case is in the court, who is DINO be to be given directive to the other senators to withdraw their case, I suggest 15 years imprisonment for him, GOD BLESS PMB and GOD BLESS NIGERIA.