The #Emilinks #MyDoorStory N3,000,000 Giveaway is still on and each day for the past 22 days, 10 lucky people have gotten N10,000 for sharing photos of doors and the importance of the doors. More winners will be picked before the end of the month!
You can catch up with the previous days of the Giveaway here.
Thank you so much for participating as we love the creative turn your short stories are taking and your creative photos. Please keep sending them in, it might be your turn to win today!
It’s a new week and we are switching things up! So instead of sharing a photo of the doors in your home, we want to hear about importance of building houses with quality materials and not substandard materials and your good wardrobes. So get snapping!
Emilinks is a global manufacturer of world-class finishing and furnishing products such as doors, beds, kitchens, dining sets, wardrobes and shelves for homes, offices, hotels, royal palaces, presidential lodge, honeymoon suites and luxury villas. Emilinks uses a variety of innovative techniques blended with exclusive designs to build premium quality products.
With a record of excellence in all areas, Emilinks wants to empower Nigerians over the next 8 days!
MD/CEO of Emilinks Limited, Solomon E. Nwadiogbu, a very patriotic Nigerian is standing his ground to see that fake and substandard products are totally eliminated in Nigeria. He pioneered a campaign to eliminate fake and substandard products by crashing the prices of doors, wardrobes, kitchens and other furniture products in Nigeria.
We may have realized that doors play a huge part in our everyday lives. Ever wondered why there are so many philosophical sayings which include “Doors”, now is your time to reflect on the role doors play in your life and the disadvantage of having bad doors!
How to participate in the N3,000,000 Giveaway
- Take a clear photo of yourself in the front of a building, NOT in front of a door only, but in front of the entire building showing in the background.
- Share a story about the importance of building houses with quality materials and not substandard materials in your home and/or the society.
- We are looking out for creative, interesting, inspiring, intellectual and funny stories!
- Creatively linking in the Emilinks brand will be a plus. The key word is CREATIVE.
- Submit your entry via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or on www.bellanaija.com/tag/emilinks
- For entries on BN, simply leave a comment on the post of the day. e.g Day 8
- Remember to add the hashtags #Emilinks and #MyDoorStory to your post on social media or comment on BN
- Unfortunately, we cannot view social media entries via private accounts and DMs will not be accepted
- 10 winners will be selected daily to win N10,000
- Enter each day!
Abbreviated Terms & Conditions
Participants can enter as many times as possible
Entries reset each day at 10AM West African Time, therefore a new entry is required each day
10 Winners will be Chosen per Day
For social media entries, no Direct Messages permitted, only via Open/Public pages
For entries on BellaNaija, ensure you include an active email address in the email box
Winners will be chosen by an in-house judging panel
Assessment will be based on the photo and/or the story
Participants can only win ONCE during the 30 Day period
There is no entry fee for participation
Participants must be over 18 years old at time of entry
Winners can be based worldwide, however, MUST have a valid Nigerian bank account
Money will be paid via local bank transfer
For due diligence, list of participants names confirmed via bank account will be kept on record
List of winners’ social media handles and BN usernames will be published
Winners are encouraged to share news of their win via social media
Here’s the list of our 10 lucky winners! You will be contacted today
Post on BN:
1) Rachel – #Day22 #MyDoorStory #Emilinks
We spent just two years in our former house and we learnt the lesson of our lives there.
The house looked really good from the outside but only those who lived inside understood the struggle, the pain and discomfort that house caused.
Our landlord chose to build the house with really crappy products. It was almost like we didn’t have a house, when there was a heavy rain, it fell on us even though we had a roof. We needed an umbrella inside our house, because of the bad roof! The doors were so bad that the rain will beat it so badly and escape freely into our rooms. Whenever rain fell, the next day, you will see everyone taking their mattresses under the sun to dry them. The worse part is that the rent was so high, yet we had no comfort whatsoever.
My next door neighbour once spent a whole month in the hospital because she left her new baby inside the house and when the rain came, it beat the blessed little chid so bad. It took the grace of God for his survival.
My husband and I learnt a lesson from all that, that is why when we were ready to build our own place. We took an extensive research that helped us make a decision on #Emilinks products. Now we are living in a real house. The beauty is not just in how it looks but we have true protection and that is what a house should provide, atleast, when good products are involved.
Thanks to Emilinks for putting quality above price.
2) Richard C. – Day22 #Emilinks #MyDoorStory
I am Mr Richard a student of polytechnic Nekede,I happen to witness the collapsing of a hostel beside mine. It happened on the 25th of October 2015,i just finished writing my 2nd semester exam and was walking home with my coursemates when we passed the on going building,we saw the workers mixing the sand and cement, then we noticed that the sand was more than the cement.
30 minutes later we had a loud noise,,,,,Guess What!!!!! The on going 3 storey building just collapsed,killing 3 workers and 2 student that were passing by on the spot, leaving so many others seriously injured. I was shocked cause It wasn’t long I passed there. “so I would have bin a victim”i said to myself.
This was how we lost 5 souls all because of a substandard building. If only the workers used the right quantity of materials such incident wouldn’t had happened. Good building saves lives and last long. I really thank God for my life.
3) kaycee – <This twist of story in the emilinks contest is one that has taken me down a very gruesome memory lane. During my service, I was posted to a construction firm with the influence of my uncle. After spending 5 years in the university studying material engineering, I knew the importance of using quality materials in every form of constricting. On of my visits to the site I was been trained to supervise, I noticed a fault in the balusters. I noticed they weren’t strong. I complained to the management and they said they will look into it but they dint. One fateful day, one of the builders was leaning on the baluster and unfortunately, it gave way and he fell down the flight of stairs. He was badly injured and was rushed to the hospital. When the management heard about the incident, they decided to investigate and found our the site engineer has been buying cheap and low quality balusters. He was sacked and made to return the money. It was a bad experience because people don’t know how important it is to use quality materials in buildings and it has caused more harm than good. I trust Emilinks brand dem be baba! makers of high quality materials and building furniture. My boss never fails to use their materials in any building contract we have be it a house or an office. Their doors and wardrobes are worth every shilling .. Lol..
4) @Ibrahim_love10 – Building a house with Quality materials is having a freedom from stress and worries @EmilinksNG #MyDoorStory #Day22
5) Graceful W. – It all started like a joke? The house my dad built and we have lived in it not even more than a year, started falling apart right before my eyes.
At about 1:00AM on the 21st day of July in the year 2014, The MPH of the wind increased fairly. All of a sudden, the building started vibrating. Because I was the only one at home that night. I ran out immediately. Though the wind was fair, the building started collapsing. “Just like that?”, I said in awe. The house collapsed just like a pack of sand.
Thank God I was the only one at home that night but we lost all our properties.
What we thought was a blessing became a curse just because the contractor we awarded the building project to subsided the money and used all manner of substandard materials. The doors and windows were all counterfeits. And this almost cost my life. If a contractor does not use Emilinks product, I will certainly doubt his integrity. Because you cannot swim in a river and not be soaked with water.
6) Francisca E. – #emilinks #mydoorstory #day22
As a young wife my husband made me choose the pattern of the building …and I also made sure quality and standard product like emilink is use i personally went to market with the constructor because some of them can actually buy substandard just to make profit not caring about the safety of others. Right now my house is beautiful, safe and secure from theft and save for my family above all am proud of my house! And the product used!
7) O. Zaynarb – #Emilinks #MyDoorStory Day 22
As a student and hostelite of unique university i have the privilege of knowing what happens in the hostel and how students hustle and scramble around for a good hostel.there are different hostels in the girls compound but students only rush one hostel which they even tagged ‘marble lounge’ because this hostel is the best hostel in the compound in terms of structure and quality foundation. In other hostels there are stories of destroyed buildings and fences.there are also signs on the buildings that they are not going to be everlasting unlike the ‘marble lounge’ building so students scramble and sweat out because they want a room in that hostel as it is the first of it’s kind.it’s not because of anything else than because that hostel is a good building made from quality and high standard materials from emilinks.now the school has more buildings under construction and the materials being used are gotten from emilinks.we all can’t wait for the new hostels to be completed as the hustle is real for marble lounge.
8) @edetanlenehis – @bellanaijaonline It was shocking to hear about the collapse of magnificent edifice worth 60 million naira(#60,000,000) built by the a chief in Amuke community. News around town had it that the building project was handled by a fraudulent contractor who specializes in using substandard materials in his building projects.
It all started after torrential rainfall that lasted 5hrs submerged he community in flood reaching 2meters. Houses built decades ago remain in their architectural position but only the house of the chief built 2yrs ago turned into a heap of rubble owning to the story that later came out that the contractor who handled the project used substandard materials. This is not the first time such disaster is happening in this part of the world were the quest for money has resulted to the use of inferior and substandard materials by contractors who are not interested in the quality of their work but after the financial benefit from such huge project.
There are many houses but only a few homes exist. There is a difference living in luxury and living in comfort.
One can live in a luxuriant house but won’t be comfortable because the materials used are substandard. Using the right materials for building can assure one of comfortability. How then can we recognize the right materials? The answer to this is not far fetch. Emilinks is the best choice for all housing materials.
#Emilinks #MyDoorStory Day 22
9) @mhiz_phrosh – I was going through @bellanaijaonline earlier today and I came across the #emilinks #mydoorstory giveaway and it just reminded me of the aftermath of the heavy downpour that happened on Saturday and Sunday. A couple of houses lost their roofing sheets to the winds after Saturday’s downpour, when Sunday’s downpour began, although I knew my dad always go for the best, being human, I gave way to doubt.
So the calmness of my dad during Sunday’s downpour was reassuring. Then, he noticed my uneasiness and smiled. He called me by my pet name and said, ‘my dear, I got my building materials from #emilinks. Go and press your phone, we are safe.’ I smiled when he said those words and went straight to my room to resume my chats of course.
The bottom line is, when you invest in good building materials, you’re free from high blood pressure. #Day22
10) @deesignatures – @bellanaijaonline #Emilinks #BellaNaija #MyDoorStory
A house is a building or structure serving as a dwelling for one or more person, especially for a family.
A place that is most important to me is my home. For every person, some places hold great importance. To me, my home is the most important place where I live and spend most of the time. My home provides me with shelter that is very important for me. I feel safe and secure while at home. Almost all of my tensions become extinct just when I place my first foot in my home. I believe that home is the most peaceful place in the world where there is no tension or stress.
My home provides me with every facilities that I need in my life.
My house is build with high class quality materials such as Emilinks Woods for the roofing, doors, wardrobes, kitchen cabinet etc. Which makes my house stronger, powerful ?, reliable and secure for me and my family.
My house, my paradise.
If you were announced as a winner on previous days of the giveaway, please check your Inbox/Message requests/Spam for all the details we need to process your reward.