Scoop

“No one made you a judge over anyone’s life” – Funke Akindele Bello

imageNollywood actress Funke Akindele Bello posted a motivational post on Instagram this morning just before she kicked off her day.

The movie star who got married a couple of days ago on her 39th birthday posted a photo that read “Don’t judge a situation that you’ve never been in” and she added her own caption to the photo saying:

“Everyone has their story. No one made you a judge over anyone’s life. Live and love your life. #StayPositive”.

We totally agree with you Funke!

1. Jade Edo babe

August 30, 2016 at 11:30 am

Na so, Funke but we have freedom to be a judge. If u no like am, u go pass over. U sef dey judge too. Women carry wahala for their head sha. Na married men, babydaddy with different pikin she like. Issorai(in Jenifa’s voice).
    People say don’t be a judge, but if it goes wrong, they wan make we pity them.

2. hmmn

August 30, 2016 at 11:41 am

No one is judging you. The first had many wives , the second has different kids from different women. Almost same situation but hey what do we know. Wish you wwell 1

3. survivor

August 30, 2016 at 11:41 am

this life self..life goes on,NP matter what!!

4. Prince

August 30, 2016 at 11:47 am

Its a free world, everyone is entitle to their opinion even though sometimes, their opinion does not count. I’ve said this before, criticism is can be very healthy and helpful depending on how you see it.
    I read on Beyonce’s wikipedia that Lemonade is her most critically acclaimed album till date. I’m sure she made use of the criticisms she’s received years past.
    Funke, most of those that are talking like you, that’s why they talk but if you say that shouldn’t talk no wahala.

NB: Bellanaija, she got married days ago on her 39th birthday. i don’t get, i thought she just clocked 40

• Grace

August 30, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Prince,Funke herself posted on her IG page that she is 39 and not 40

5. i love my husband

August 30, 2016 at 11:54 am

this generation don’t like truth..when you say the truth, you have become a judge..yet when everything scatters, you will come on social media looking for pity party. im not pitying anybody again, all this celebrities know clearly what they are getting into, they go into marriages with clear warning signs and now come back to shed crocodile tears. he that has ears, let him hear

• Kilipot

August 30, 2016 at 3:02 pm

..,and you are branded a Hater, I wonder what we will teach our children if everybody keeps minding their business so to speak.

6. Zizi

August 30, 2016 at 12:16 pm

You see, the term “judgement” is overflogged nowadays. If you make the same mistake twice, damn straight people are going to call you out! It is never judgement to say “we think you’re making a mistake.” Only someone who doesn’t want anything good for you will see you making a mistake and be quiet. Judgement is rather when you assume that you are better morally than someone. Expressing concern and calling out a bad decision is never judgement.
    I love it when people come and preach Matthew 7; 1 up and down “Judge not, that ye not be judged.” They conveniently forget that the same Bible says in 2 Thessalonians 3:15, 2 Timothy 2:4, Galatians 6; 1 and so many other texts that you are to rebuke your brother in gentle/kind spirits.
    And to those who will say “its none of your biz,” guess what? We all have opinions and have every right to express them! Its her job to pick and choose how she lets them affect her!

7. Wale

August 30, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Please I would advise you pray for her rather those hurting words! A million heartbreaking bachelors out there but only God can tell the intent of people’s mind….

Funke, I salute you for giving marriage a second try! God bless you home always

8. Mind your business

August 30, 2016 at 12:32 pm

So many bitter frustrated people,that are always happy to comment negatively on peoples matters,your lives aren’t better,The guy his not married and she’s happy with him,so you can all can drink zobo for all I care.

9. Adio_Braimoh

August 30, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Irrespective of peoples judgment. You have got stand on your choice, use it wisely and don’t abuse it. May Almighty God perfect your perfections.

10. RIFF RAFF

August 30, 2016 at 1:19 pm

The “Judge not” crew has come again;

Mrs Bello
    I agree to an extent with your post; we all make mistakes and we all learn.
    But IF you are referring to your previous relationship, ABEG MADAM YOU WERE WARNED ABOUT THAT POLYGAMOUS EX OF YOURS!
    People warned you about this man, ,Fans begged you to think well, you stubbornly stuck to your plans, KNOWING THIS MAN’S HISTORICS.
    For some reason, i don’t fault you; I understand it’s not easy to be a single woman in her mid-30s in this Naija of ours, where a woman’s salvation is tied to the Mrs. title.

I commend you for the way you picked yourself up; Not every woman can boast of this

But next time, when you talk about “judging”, remember to also acknowledge your own responsiblity in YOUR REFUSAL TO TAKE TIME BEFORE LEAPING. ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR STUBBORNESS AND MOVE ON!
    Happy Married life; You deserve it; You even look more beautiful ;

*thinking aloud*
    All these “judge not” people sef….thinking they can put up whatever action they like (without any form of accountability ) and stupidly believe it won’t have consequences….then when they are reminded of the part they played, they begin to shout “judge not”

11. Somtoo

August 30, 2016 at 2:51 pm

These stars sef na wa. Why cant you go off social media awhile then come back when your marriage is no longer news? Why do you subject yourself to this? You made an independent choice, why are you seeking public endorsement?

Do yourself a favour Funke, go off social media and focus on your relationship. Stop listening to what people have got to say. You have already entered this one o. So shine ya eyes wella inside it and stop looking at people who are looking at you. Focus on you and your’s.
    Congratulobia. God grant you strength!

• Xoxo

August 30, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Lol @ go off social media. You sef go off social media. Anyone that follows funke on social media knows she rarely posts family issues on her page. She mostly posts about jenifa’s diary and her work. It is not your place to tell her to go off social media. You are neither her publicist nor family member. She has always made her relationship with JJC hush hush until her last birthday where she posted a picture wearing 2 rings. So I’m pretty sure she’s focusing on her relationship. Funke I love you so much and I really hope he’s the one. It’s a very risky thing to get with someone who has prospects that are similar to your ex. I wish you a blissful marriage.

12. Meg

August 30, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I thought she celebrated her 36th birthday in 2012, how come she’s now 39? Or did I miss something here? The internet still has that information.

• Kemmie

August 31, 2016 at 1:19 am

I have been a fan of Funke Akindele before the advent of Jenifa when she used to be prominent in Yoruba Nollywood, she used to claim 1976 as her year of birth. I was surprised when she said she clocked 39 instead of 40. However I get it, the thought of clocking 40 can be quite daunting at times. In reality, people do not want to get old particularly because of our societal attitude towards older people especially women.
      Beside her hubby (JJC) is 39, this may not be far from the reason she chose to change her age to 39.

13. Sugar

August 30, 2016 at 7:04 pm

She’s aging backward dont you gerrit.

14. tunmi

August 30, 2016 at 7:31 pm

This post has me looking at it one-kine like that but issorai. I wish her the best and I wash her happiness. I just love how she bounced back. Wait, have they started Jenifa’s merchandise? I’d love to own a laptop bag. But first, I need to get Olamide’s albums, Brymo’s Klitoris and one of sugabelly’s products.

15. Zella

August 31, 2016 at 12:51 am

No one has made me judge but you. I never understand these people that feel the need to explain their lives to everyone. If you married and didn’t release a public announcement, nobody would have really cared. Well, they would have talked then shut up! It really doesn’t matter whether you put it up on social media just dont bother explaining our actions to me.

16. incredibleMOi

August 31, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Save a relationship today, Mind your own business.

17. Ade

August 31, 2016 at 3:01 pm

My take on this, Weldone Funke for trying marriage again, but if I were you I had rather keep my marriage silence than exposing it to the whole world. I simply do not understand the reason why celebrities always want the world to pry into their affairs. Have a blissful marriage.