BN TV

Naija Style of Worship vs the Oyinbo Style! Emma OhmaGod Shows us the Difference in this Funny Skit | WATCH

BN TV

Emma OhmaGod has blessed us with a new comic skit. This time he shows us the difference between the Nigerian Style of Worship and the Oyinbo style of worship.

He says,

A humourous comparison between Modern day Pentecostal style of worship (Using Dietrick Haddon as a case study) and Orthodox Nigerian Yoruba style (using the Nigerian Gospel artiste, Atorise, as a case study).

DISCLAIMER: This is not to say that one is better than the other as God looks at the heart and not the style… and I actually love both styles because I still get connected anyways.

Watch it here:

1. artklub

August 8, 2016 at 6:01 am

disco church ni! where is the worship part, only singing…mtscheww…oh yes its comedy.

2. Aibee

August 8, 2016 at 8:45 am

Lol! OMG! So true and so right! The only thing missing was the back up singers/dancers in matching outfits! Bu hey, no be play we dey play, na our God we dey praise!

3. When

August 8, 2016 at 9:19 am

Funny I don’t know which I prefer any more. I enjoy worship both ways, there are some times you just want to call God names and sing Oriki(not sure if that’s what it’s called) for him, roll and the floor and and just be very expressive. Other times you just wanna be mellow like yellow but is yellow mellow?! ??

4. Tosin

August 8, 2016 at 9:46 am

Perfection. Naija sound dey dey sweet sha. And they always say Goh, Lorh, I don’t know why 😀

5. Mz Socially Awkward....

August 8, 2016 at 11:47 am

? Emma, biko, here’s a list of Gospel artistes whose songs I never want to see you desecrate like this:
    – Tamela Mann
    – Kirk Franklin
    – Hillsong United
    – Donald Lawrence
    – Cece Winans
    – Fred Hammond
    – Tye Tribbet
    – William McDowell
    – Mary Mary
    – Jonathan Nelson
    – Forever Jones
    – all other tracks from Deitrich Haddon
    – etc. Etc. Etc.

I carry God beg you, please don’t try this again with our beloved contemporary/urban Gospel songs. ???

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

August 8, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Sisi, you obviously haven’t heard Midnight Crew’s “desecration” of some numbers like “firm foundation”, “we blessed in the field” by fujirizing them. You would have had apoplexy of the vocal chordsm

• Mz Socially Awkward....

August 8, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Kai… Sisi, now that you mention it… I actually have oh. And I even grooved wella to their “This Fuji Thing” track ?? (love the Midnight Crew… & that track particularly seemed very tongue-in-cheek).

But, nne there are some Naija Fuji remixes that make you shake your head and ask “BEHT, why???”… when I heard a Fuji remix of “Every Praise” by Hezekaih Walker … Chai. I felt bad for the original artiste – he won’t have been able to recognise his own song.

Just like you can’t rap “Take me to The King” by Tamela Mann…. Some songs are better left in their original form. Biko, let’s apply restraint as we seek to fujirizing foreign tracks for “importing” into the Naija gospel market. ?

How you dey, na? Still in writing mode? ?

6. Mo

August 8, 2016 at 12:02 pm

I actually love the Naija style.. hilarious but also quite soulful. Naija style rocks jare.

7. BA

August 8, 2016 at 5:25 pm

As a Nigerian, tell me the Yoruba version did not move you more. LOL. To ba ka wa laara, we always know how to worship.

8. Teni