BN TV

SA Billionaire Herman Mashaba got a White Man to Front His Company during Apartheid | WATCH “My Worst Day with Peace Hyde” Preview

Herman Mashaba on My Worst Day with Peace HydeThe fourth installment of the Forbes Africa TV flagship show My Worst Day with Peace Hyde hits your screens on Thursday August 4, 2016 and in the hot seat is South African hair care billionaire, founder of Black Like Me and mayoral candidate, Herman Mashaba.

His story gets very intense when he’s open about his worst day in business –

I had to figure out – is this the end of my business career? And I refused.

By the time I got there I realised this is not an accidental fire.

Whoever thought they would destroy us has made a terrible mistake.

In the riveting interview with Forbes Africa correspondent Peace Hyde on CNBC Africa we also find out how Mashaba survived the streets of apartheid and started his own company by letting a white man front it.

Watch the Promo Video Here!

1. Peace

August 2, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Hope this won’t be as boring as the Dangote and Femi Otedola ones. Sanusi is a great interviewee always so his was an interesting no brainer. Peace, we need higher energy levels, the great skill of getting the best answers from these billionaires and interjecting when their answers are getting too politically correct and boring. Some good interaction wouldn’t hurt anyone. Watch Christiane Amanpour, Barbara Walters, Don Lemon, Wolf Blitz for tips on how to interview influential people and get the best juice and scoop from the story and still be professional and engaging.

• Gbemi

August 3, 2016 at 7:07 am

One’s mans rubbish is another’s treasure! I love the show and that Peace gets these business men to show a different side of them. I learnt a lot from all the interviews, very inspirational. I like that Peace asks the right questions without overpowering the guests like Amanpour. It’s about letting business moguls share their worst day. Keep it up Peace!

2. Peace

August 2, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Read this article to aid you, most especially the comments section. People mentioned how much they learnt as opposed to this one with Billionaires and your inability to manoveur the questions. I know TV is different but you get the gist. It’s not by famzing and taking pics with Billionaires and carrying Forbes TV correspondent tag, it’s about educating and inspiring your viewers

• Get Real

August 3, 2016 at 7:23 am

I love the show but I find Peace Hyde’s image a bit of a distraction. However, I think this advice sounded better in your head I’m sure, Interviewing some kids about an ice cream shop cannot compare to the wealth of Africa. The reality is our billionaires too often have something to ‘hide’ and too much to loose. If the entire focus of an interview is about the moguls ‘personal’ worst day it is already clear the interviewee will push their own focus and political agenda. Eg. Alakija “I’m a fashion designer, but an oil and gas Forbes-listed tycoon”. My worst day will not be when I have slept with minister after minister until I got my oil block. It’s called being ‘politically correct’.

• Idia Osunde

August 3, 2016 at 6:26 pm

African billionaires are no different to politicians. None of them will be honest about their worst day or share real wisdom because they acquired their status through theft, connections and very shady means. Hyde’s interviews teach us a more about their work ethic and business mantra, I like her style of interviewing and so far the show has been inspiring. I was worried it only featured Nigerians so this episode should be a good watch. But I don’t know if any African billionaires would be as candid and give such in depth perspective regardless of what questions they are asked; they belong to that generation of well packaged crooks.

3. Jsaon

August 3, 2016 at 7:13 am

hmm, there is Amanpour, Isha Sesay and Oprah, all three women with completely different interviewing styles designed to tease out different things from each interview. To say Peace should learn from Amanpour is great but I think what makes Peace unique is how she gets these people to share quite a difficult private experience openly without feeling pressured. I think she is doing a great job, keep up the good work and keep famzing…ill do the same…haha

4. Ola

August 3, 2016 at 7:28 am

There is always someone who thinks they can do something better…I don tire nigeria…the show is called my worst day which means you focus on a day…what you want make the girl do, find out about these billionaires entire life history? A political interview with Amanpour is current and thus has a lot more room to explore and probe, two completely different types of shows! Maybe send a link about how well you interview..lol

5. Ama Boateng

August 3, 2016 at 7:31 am

Peace if you are reading this keep it up! I remember when you were in Ghana just interviewing our local celebrities you have grown so much not everyone will like you that’s what success does. You have inspired a lot of us women in Ghana. Keep flying our flag high!

6. ...just saying

August 3, 2016 at 8:24 am

Peace Welcome.. My app shows the 2 comments came from the same device. Take constructive feedback and read what Bellanaijarians are saying in the link the previous commenter shared as I did.. The viewers have spoken. No need to draw out swords. Room for improvement is the largest room in the house and you need to visit it asap.

7. *Disclamer* Not Peace Hyde! Lol

August 3, 2016 at 8:52 am

I don’t agree with blaming the journalist. Sanussi proved he cannot be controlled by the government which is why he was fired from the CBN, therefore his interview will be unfiltered and controversial. The reality is our billionaires have a lot to cover up. Look at Peace’s Alakija cover story I read, well written, all well and good, but please make a clear connection between what you used to be and what you are today. These guys made money from corrupt government patronage, and they tell you now how God did it for them. Say what?

8. Mangadi Dikotla

August 3, 2016 at 3:12 pm

What time is the show on the 4th and which channel. It sounds interesting

9. Folake

August 3, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Peace Hyde fast becoming my fave!!!

10. Lani

August 3, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Interviewing some kids about an icecream shop? Yet the interview got better reviews than all the worst day episodes put together. It’s all about theviewers Peace,and as long as it’s on this platform, they love the “ice cream kids” interviewer. Besides, she wasn’t told to copy one’s style. She was anded a bouquet of anchors to learn from. Only an African correspondent will be delusional

• When girls comment on BN! lol

August 3, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Haba! this Lani babe what has Peace done to your family? chill! if you don’t like the show or interviewer keep reading your “ice cream kid” articles. when a article does not interest me on BN i just skip it. life is not that serious! lol

11. Confused.com

August 3, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Has my data finished or BN your page is not loading the video of the ice cream interview everyone is talking about. The other interview I’m seeing is written but this is a video interview. I don’t get the comparison *scratches head*

12. Miss Ghana

August 4, 2016 at 11:47 am

This was okay. Not exceptional but i believe she is still learning. Her image is a HUGEE distraction but unfortunately this is how she sold herself to get in the business. it’s hard to look at her and appreciate anything beyond the plenty plenty body. i woulnd’t crticize if it was natural body but obviously there has been a lot of enhancements done to ur physical image. a bit much my dear. but na u sabi, madam title carier

• Ghana women and endowment

August 4, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Kudos on pursuing your passion Peace. She doing well, I watched a couple of the episodes she sitting down so I don’t see her body to be distracted by it. Body shaming is a no no. There are big people who are very active, like the dancer, Whitney Thore. Yet they are still very big. She isn’t that huge or plenty, I have visited Ghana Peace’s figure isn’t unique over there, lots of Ghana women are endowed – hips and breast is nothing new over there.