BN TV

What Makes a Woman Good ‘Wife Material’ and does Body Count Really Matter? Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Andre Blaze and Mazino Tell it as it is on the “Men’s Corner”

On a new episode of EbonyLife TV‘s ‘Men’s Corner, the show hosts Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Andre Blaze and Mazino discuss the term “Wife Material” and what qualities are expected from prospective wives.

Friendly neighbours like Timini Egbuson, Kemi Smallz, Kore Brown, Fafo, Nnamdi Obanya and Suuper Prince also air their views on the topic making different citations from cooking, being good in bed, being attractive and much more. A significant question they talked about was if one’s partner’s body count matters?

One thing they all seemed to agree on was that almost every guy wants a bit of a bad girl in his partner.

Watch it here:

1. Olori

August 24, 2016 at 1:17 am

Ugh not again *yawns* flogging the bull, the bull is now on the ground yet you’re still flogging it. Next!!

2. Au natural

August 24, 2016 at 1:47 am

My sentiments exactly over flogged topic. I am also sooo over these foreign accents forced and otherwise. I don’t live in Nigeria so I tune in to Nigerian shows when I’m feeling nostalgic about my country.I don’t expect to hear foreign accents like our own is not good enough.

3. chamazing chick

August 24, 2016 at 1:58 am

@Olori, don’t mind them, let them keep looking for answers that has been answered. As why they don’t ask themselves ‘the men’ what makes a good husband material as well. Why coming from only one end of the spectrum?? Who is not a good wife material?? What is the standard of this judgement?? I believe everyone knows what they want in a partner so they should quit with this good wife material standard.

• Moyo

August 24, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I wish I could like your comment a hundred times, there is no perfect woman and there is no perfect man. Everyone should look at their partners and decide on what they can live with and what they cannot. Being able to cook or not should not be a criteria for a good marriage. You can have a wife that can cook and pray but she is a cheat, thief and a liar. Being able to cook is also relative, what type of food. A man and a woman should know how to cook, it is a survival skill. If you live abroad and you don’t know how to cook, you will run out of money very quickly unless you are Otedola’s daughter. Men looking for wife material abi wetin, Are you a good husband material too. Lol

4. lacey

August 24, 2016 at 3:02 am

Shallow! Shallow!Shallow!!!!!!!!!! A very bad precedent is being set by people who can’t think critically for the Nigerian youths1!

5. *curious*

August 24, 2016 at 3:41 am

hmmm…..i don’t like that term, wife material.

6. Corolla

August 24, 2016 at 4:50 am

Can’t they even let each other talk? They are just talking over each other, and not letting the other finish their thoughts.

7. Corolla

August 24, 2016 at 4:52 am

Also, no depth at all. Yawn!

8. laila

August 24, 2016 at 5:51 am

Beautiful set, lovely glossy picture but terrible content and content presenters/producers. You need to vamp this up guys. There are so many people with talkshow Vlogs that are entertaining with great content featured on BN TV that would give you a run for your money if they had 10% of the budget used for this. Ebony Life TV reach out to these guys. You need to really switch things up

9. Nancy Drew

August 24, 2016 at 6:34 am

Lol, see youths in US, Jamaica, Kenya sef winning medals and nigerian youths discussing body count and wife material. Continue ooo mschewwww

• Natu

August 24, 2016 at 9:52 am

Preach Nancy Drew!!! The white kids are going to space and changing the world. Africans are discussing marriage. #foolish

• dodo

August 24, 2016 at 11:19 am

Amebo. what have you achieved ? mchew

10. praizeblog

August 24, 2016 at 7:06 am

nice talk anyway

11. Sonia Paloma

August 24, 2016 at 9:46 am

Rubbish!
    Shioooorrrrrr

12. Mimie

August 24, 2016 at 9:46 am

Sigh… I won’t come out straight to say this shallow or dumb but we know what it is.. All I will say honesty, realness and facts are very important criteria when u doing a talk show or whatever u want to call what they just did.. A woman’s body count is important so all that forming and speaking ‘phonee’ claiming it’s not is ridiculous..Even in the ‘amerikah’, that’s why everyone could not stop talking when Kanye decided to marry Kim some people even boycotted the wedding ‘jay and bey’.
    Cooking is a necessary survival skill (men and women should learn to cook’.. I didn’t learn anything from this, too much grammar, so un-relatable.

13. Mimie

August 24, 2016 at 9:53 am

please post my earlier comment.thank u

14. Lisa

August 24, 2016 at 10:00 am

Nice concept…Timi spoke wisely…

15. Kelechi

August 24, 2016 at 11:25 am

A bit over flogged but I guess is for the ladies that don’t get the gist yet. Basically cook, clean, sex on point, career driven puts you ladies at the very top of wife material. You matter how you fight it, no man wants to come home to a house without food. Try it, and suffer the consequences.

• Ememobong

August 24, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Na so people dey chop poison, everytime, every minute, so so food ? matter!

• Ninny

August 24, 2016 at 2:12 pm

no mind them ooo Ememobong

• Sisi

August 24, 2016 at 4:23 pm

In fact they should continueeeeee eating everything upandan

16. Livie

August 24, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Smh. Over flogged topic. Nigerian men are the most hypocritical. Most of them have probably slept with over dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens ( combined) of women yet believe they’re entitled to determine or dictate the number of men a woman has slept with. Who are these women having sex with? Isn’t it men? A lot of these men take advantage of women, some knowingly deceive them to get into their pants and then later on start to impose arbitrary body count numbers that a woman shouldn’t exceed, yet fail to apply those standards to themselves. You have no moral basis for doing so, enough with slut shaming and all that crap. Some of the so called bad girls are happily married to devoted men. Moreover everyone has a past, including you the man who’s judging the girl and chances are your past is way more ugly than hers. If so, why do you feel entitled to judge? This is why Nigerian men are raised to believe that they’re allowed to cheat and get away with it. Nigerian men who qualify as a set of the most promiscuous men on earth are ironically the ones who set moral standards for women, standards they’ve fallen so short of. Smh. God doesn’t make a distinction between men and women when classifying sin oh! For the most part, and barring exceptional circumstances, a woman or man’s future shouldn’t be determine by his or her past, provided that individual has demonstrated a commitment to changing or improving oneself.

17. Ememobong

August 24, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Na we women cause this ting!

18. Xoxo

August 24, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Okay this video pissed the hell out of me and the most annoying part is I wanted to watch it till the end. Can you imagine that fat fuck saying a wife material should be mummy in the morning, Caro at night blah blah blah. I look at the guys that spoke at the beginning and I’m wondering if any of them deserve the woman they want. A wife is not a machine you can build and add all the parts you want. They don’t even look or sound like they are husband material. If there’s something like that. Seriously tho enough with this stupid topic. And to me body count matters both for men and women. Men can be sluts too, they are actually bigger sluts than women. I want to know how many women my guy has slept with. I don’t care if they are 50. I don’t need the names I just need to know so if somehow we go out together and people start to talk I’m not caught unawares. Let me know how many so I can decide if I actually still want to date you or not. I think it’s high time men start talking about “husband material” . We have too many sorry of an excuse men as husbands. Everything na woman. Man nko

• Sisi

August 24, 2016 at 4:31 pm

LOL, I’m not ever going to comment on those guys at the beginning. Body count matters for that reason. Please I don’t need names but if there’s a chance it will look somehow i.e number is high, it’s people we both know etc.give me a heads up.

• Corolla

August 24, 2016 at 9:09 pm

That fat f- called Obanya pissed me off too! Very basic and simple minded human being. Acting like women are zombies that were created to serve and pleasure men.

19. Tosin