News

10-year Sex Starvation by Husband, Defamation of Character Break 16-year-old Marriage

NAN

dreamstime_l_42573597The Igando Customary Court on Wednesday dissolved a 16-year-old marriage between Funmilayo, and Emmanuel over a 10-year sex starvation of the wife by the husband.

Delivering his judgment, the president of the court, Adegboyega Omilola, said the petitioner was adamant despite several mediation from the court and family intervention on the issue.

“Since the petitioner insisted on a divorce after several interventions, the court has no choice than to dissolve the union in spite of the fact that the wife still claims she loved her husband.

The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Emmanuel A. and Funmilayo A. dissolved today; both parties, henceforth, ceased to be husband and wife.

Both are free to go their separate ways without any hindrances and molestation,” Omilola ruled.

Earlier, Funmilayo had, in her response to a suit filed by her husband, said that Emmanuel gave no reasons for starving her of sex for a decade.

“My husband refused to make love to me since 2006, I don’t know his reasons. I had called members of my family and those of his family to intervene but he refused to change. My body yearns for sex but I don’t just want to commit adultery because I want all the children to be fathered by one man,” she said.

The mother of two said that she also accused her husband of using their son for ritual because he started showing signs of prosperity immediately they gave birth to the born.

“My husband’s wealth became noticeable and started booming after the birth of our baby. Our son is now 12 years old, but he can neither walk nor talk.

He wanted to divorce me so that I will no longer persuade him to take the boy to hospital for treatment.

He had always rejected medical treatment and had refused me approaching a church for deliverance.

I always cursed him because he used to beat me; he once beat me to a pulp after which I landed in the hospital,” she said.

She, however, begged the court not to grant her husband’s wish, saying she was still in love.

The petitioner, Emmanuel, a 51-year-old clearing agent, had approached the court seeking to end his 16-year-old marriage over defamation of his character by his wife.

“My wife won’t stop accusing me of using my physically challenged son for money ritual. It is God that has blessed me with wealth; I never used my son for any ritual,” he said.

Emmanuel said that his wife was also ‘good at fighting,’ claiming she had the habit of beating him in public.

Apart from the beating, Emmanuel also claimed that curses from his wife were beginning to affect his life and business negatively.

“My wife always curses me very early in the morning and those curses are now coming to pass in my life,” he said.

He, therefore, pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage, saying he was no longer in love and would not want to commit murder.

“Please, dissolve the marriage before the devil will use me,” the estranged husband said.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime

1. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 7, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Sex is over rated. Why cant the woman stay without sex, 5mins fun…kmt

• DoroAnon

September 7, 2016 at 7:21 pm

as ur name implies gwe gww for 10yrs she should starve becos ?

2. king Bey

September 7, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Nawa ooo

3. Amara

September 7, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Sex could be overrated but starving your wife of sex for 10 years is pure wickedness.If the tables turn and the man becomes on the receiving end,he would either forcefully have his way with her and he will DEFINITELY be cheating on her.The other issue of using their son for money ritual na dem sabi.

4. slice

September 7, 2016 at 7:21 pm

This is an old case na. We checking the vault now?

5. John

September 7, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Emmanuel, a 51-year-old clearing agent,..they lost me at clearing agent..my advise to the woman is to take that child for a very big deliverance .. I somehow believe this woman and that is a rare thing for me to do

6. kim jay

September 7, 2016 at 7:46 pm

madam, he beats you to pulp and maybe used your child for rituals and forbids u from seeking divine intervention, and yet, you are begging him not to leave?? wow. I don’t think you are a woman thinking properly. If u were, u would have filed for divorce long ago and taken your son to church. I believe, you are suffering from low self esteem. You value a man so much you forget about yourself and everybody else.

7. tunmi

September 7, 2016 at 9:03 pm

So he’s starving you of sex, beating you, and refuses any treatment or diagnosis attempt for your child… Yet you want to stay with him?

8. Roma

September 7, 2016 at 9:05 pm

But the woman used to beat the man up! I remember back then when some women will beat up their husband and people will be cheering for them husband beater.
    Is good they should go their separate ways, But i sense some lies in what the woman said, if not, why would she asked the court not to grant her husband’s request for a divorce.

9. Mz_Danielz

September 7, 2016 at 9:25 pm

This Igando customary court. We need soap opera or web series named after it. The divorce stories from that court na wa

• Iris

September 8, 2016 at 4:04 am

I really think they need a reality show. It will be a hit!

10. Cocolette

September 7, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Please why are all the divorce cases in Igando customary court? Is there something I’m missing? ?

11. Seun

September 7, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Thank God he did not kill her,some people killed there wife when it’s over,over 50 Nigerian ladies have been killed by there husband in the US in the last five years.

12. Anon