Scoop

Ex-MBGN Omowunmi Akinnifesi Shares how Vandals broke into her Parked Car to Steal Lots of Valuable Items

Omowunmi Akinnifesi

Omowunmi Akinnifesi

Some suspected vandals broke Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2005, Omowunmi Akinnifesi‘s car last night.

She attended a wedding at the Landmark Centre and discovered that her car was broken into and the windows were shattered.

Here’s what she said:

So please if you are going for a wedding or party around the Landmark event center strip, there are about 4 event centers there i.e Landmark, Queens Park, D-Venue and The Dorchester. If you are not parking inside the compound, make sure you have NOTHING in your car. You can see through my boot so if u drive a jeep your boot might be a bad option. I’ve heard so much about this and I can’t belive it has now happened to me??. BTW I kept the bags under the seat but they smashed the car and raised the chairs. I’m warning you cos I love you. #lagosliving #thieves #robbers #carsinlagos #Dangerinlagos

So I went for a wedding yesterday. When I came out my back window was smashed and all the things in my car where stolen. My bags, wallet with ATM cards, National ID, drivers license and much more. I could not contain myself. So please if you are going for a wedding or party around the Landmark event center strip, there are about 4 event centers there i.e Landmark, Queens Park, D-Venue and The Dorchester. If you are not parking inside the compound, make sure you have NOTHING in your car. You can see through my boot so if u drive a jeep your boot might be a bad option. I’ve heard so much about this and I can’t belive it has now happened to me??. BTW I kept the bags under the seat but they smashed the car and raised the chairs. I’m warning you cos I love you. #lagosliving #theives #robbers #carsinlagos #Dangerinlagos

A video posted by Omowunmi Akinnifesi (@omowunmiak) on

1. Anon

September 18, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Under no circumstances should you leave valuables hidden in your car, in a city like Lagos. Or, even anywhere. Ndo nne. You will replace everything soon.

• Professor X

September 18, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Ditto. Leave as few valuables as possible in your car. She lost so much sensitive valuable – multiple forms of ID and ATM cards. Nawa o. Besides once they break your car window, they can also open your boot.

• Toni

September 20, 2016 at 1:13 am

I stopped taking my car to weddings about a year ago. Just take a cab. Not always convenient as you want to take a few things with you but if you can’t leave valuables in your parked car then there’s no point taking the car with you.

2. Marlvina

September 18, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Sad incident. It’s unfortunate it happened. But people shld try at all means not to leave any valuables or bags in the car. No matter how hard you try to hide them. Don’t take the risk, waiting for the incident to happen before learning a lesson. Only leave foodstuff if your out smwhere, so if they break in its only the yam, garri or plantain they’l take, since they’re so hungry.

3. ATL's finest

September 18, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I feel so sorry for her & just imagine the stress she’s going to go through to get her National ID and all that. But what were U thinking girl?? Even me that don’t live in Nigeria will not dare live valuable items in my car for everyone to see. Those things attract robbers or folks trying to break into cars. If at all you ve to live things in your car, that’s why u have a trunk & if it’s a see thru trunk, make sure sth is covering it. That’s the only way I will love anything in my car. Forget security system oo, the stress of canceling bank cards, getting another DL etc is too much to go thru.

• ATL's finest

September 18, 2016 at 7:36 pm

*leave*

4. DoroAnon

September 18, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Choi it’s #Bimyem weedding she attend.Kai Omowummi u went to celebrate with people God would give you a reason to celebrate

5. K

September 18, 2016 at 10:02 pm

U still de speak oyinbo

6. nene

September 18, 2016 at 10:03 pm

thats terrible, thank God they didnt steal her car, it could’ve been worse. i thought there was security at landmark center. i never leave valuables in my car, except ive gone shopping, and i always like to go straight home from any shopping.

• Derin87

September 18, 2016 at 10:33 pm

There’s security in Landmark, she parked on the street though. Probably paid to get robbed sef (paid for parking)

7. nene

September 18, 2016 at 10:05 pm

thats why i like tinted glasses all around. no one can see through

8. Anon

September 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm

GOSH!
    Can people in Lagos please not drive to anywhere that isn’t work or maybe church. Or at least, don’t drive to events, night outs etc. I’ve stopped this for the past 2 years. It’s too high risk. UBER UBER UBER!!!! You can use this code to get N2,500 off your first trip – NGBA72.
    You’re welcome.

9. Temi

September 19, 2016 at 2:44 am

Sorry Ladies!! That is in many African countries when they catch an AKATA… they beat him to death… because they can just shattered your entire life. Sorry.

10. Tosin

September 19, 2016 at 8:14 am

Awww.

11. Tolu

September 19, 2016 at 12:27 pm

At the end of the day, its shows us she is an afrrican blond.
    If you hve to keep anything in your car, it should be in your booth and not a booth with a view.

And as my hubby always tells me, if you have to leave anything in the booth, make sure you are not putting the things in the booth right there at the parking.

The things should have been put somewhere else before the parking lot, cos you never know who is watching you.
    Plus, even putting in things into your booth before the parking lot, is not safe but at least you have reduced the risk considerably.

**************************************

On the other hand, even if you have nothing in sight to steal, these thieves in that area will steal your car mirrors. It has happened many times…..so best thing to do is use a taxi or have someone who is not attending the party drop you off.

IKEJA party venues are a risk all the time. (the shrine area is probably the worst)