Music

New Video: Toni Tones feat. Cynthia Morgan – Hey Boy (Remix)

BellaNaija.com

hey boy remix cover artIt’s Here! Toni Tones’ highly anticipated ‘Hey Boy!’ music video featuring Cynthia Morgan is here.

We love the fashion, the art direction, the cool 90’s vibe and the colours!

Toni Tones looks stunning and gives a beautiful performance and Cynthia Morgan definitely spices it up. Toni Tones and Cynthia Morgan make a very powerful duo in this collaboration and it just screams girl power.

The video was directed by Clarence Peters.

Watch below.

1. CHICHI

September 28, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Wow! speechless. lovely

2. Queen bae

September 28, 2016 at 1:18 pm

very nice vid

3. Ada

September 28, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Nice!

4. Sayo

September 28, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Ahn an! Toni Tones don vex, must say this is a very mad video. sexy but classy. and i luv the track

5. cheek

September 28, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Toni Tones!!!!

Nice one you guys

6. Stella B

September 28, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Oh wow…its a colourful video but I’m surprised this was shot by Clarence! The close up shots needs airbrushing to removes the wholes in her nose. I wish the song had been updated as it’s boring and very old

7. JERULE

September 28, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Nice video & concept. And kudos to the ladies and all the team involved. Seems though… Toni has a lot of ideas and tries to implement it all in one go. Not necessarily a bad thing to be an idea box. The only problem is the creative intent and meaning is lost. The video started well, then turned to an amalgamation of different themes towards the end…. that’s where I got lost. Keep up the effort though. I see your hustle.

8. Marie

September 28, 2016 at 4:56 pm

I love it.. ….Go Toni Tones.. Nice Video concept.. .very lovely ..D song is smooth…I see you Cynthia Morgan

9. Tosin

September 28, 2016 at 5:45 pm

i’d liken this to an M&B novel. a lot of pointless plot blah blah blah then action. skip to the last 1/3 or so if you’re impatient like me.

10. Corolla

September 28, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Great visuals

11. Mizwest

September 28, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Got to confess. I really wanted to hate on this video but I CANT!!!!. It’s hottttttttttttt. That biatch Toni is so hotttttt. The visuals hotttttttt. The beat hotttttttt. Infact ?. I just can’t lie. Damn!!!!!!!!!!. And it was just the two of them in the video no razz dancy dancy people. Clarence you is hotttttttt!

12. sura

September 28, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Not bad at all. I like it

13. Abi

September 28, 2016 at 7:12 pm

They sure got ideas from Say my name video by Destiny’s Child…..

14. X

September 28, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Two women on the same bed..with silk sheets. ok oo! The video needed some type of male cameo/appearance. Nice purple dress tho

15. Jane biscuit

September 28, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Well, going by the comment on here if I talk now people will say I’m a hater.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

September 28, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Say it… for me, it really needed another hook from Cynthia, somewhere else apart from at the start … And I’m not even a Cynthia M. fan.

Promising start, beat was taking us to a good place but I kept waiting for the punch after the first verse (chorus?) and hook were over. Really tuneful melody to build a proper club/party anthem on, as well… It had a great opening and I wish the rest of the track had kept that vibe.

Video on its own merit is quite good.

• Jane Biscuit

September 29, 2016 at 3:06 am

My opinion…the yellow and blue costumes didn’t fit very well, the sexy dances by Toni seemed forced. She should probably have hired a better choreographer. The video was colorful, but It’s not just about being colorful.

16. James

September 29, 2016 at 12:36 am

Towards the end of the song when the beat changes, I would have loved to see a choreography between her and “The Boy” she’s talking about in the song. The video should have taken a bit of a different dimension other than us just seeing her dancing sexily.

17. jerula

September 29, 2016 at 12:49 am

Nice video & concept. And kudos to the ladies and all the team involved. Seems though… Toni has a lot of ideas and tries to implement it all in one go. Not necessarily a bad thing to be an idea box. The only problem is the creative intent and meaning can be lost. The video started quite well, then turned into an amalgamation of different themes towards the end…. that’s where I got lost. Keep up the effort though. I see your hustle. BN stop eating comments.

18. funshay

September 29, 2016 at 4:22 am

I realy luv dis song and did video is top notch, watched it like 5 times already. Tony tones is very good.

19. Alero

September 29, 2016 at 6:29 am

Woooooow not a fan of either of these women. Love it. . Love the way they’ve added some new spice into the Nigerian music scene. Very tastefully done, classy. clarence na you Biko. Toni you just got a new fan. I Give Big ups ladies.

20. chrissy

September 29, 2016 at 7:03 am

Why, I can’t deal. Like being an Artist means your work connects to who you are. These women are not Artist they are just entertainers for the ratcheted. Its important to connect with your identity and self. I believe this women need to go down that road of self discovery. The video is ok but the music was lacking realistic elements. What a damn shame we have an Edo girl that was born and raised in Edo with an American/Jamaican accent, and we have a Beyonce fan who is doing the most on the video. “Lil Kim squat” and signatures from everything she as seen. Girl bye. That is why africans can only be attracted to this mess.

21. Sarah

September 29, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Can’t even believe some of the comments here, just shows no matter what you do, you can never please everyone, this song is beyond beautiful, it really is a timeless song, i even prefer the original without cynthia, although the remix is cool too, guess she wanted to make it more dancey, and this is an amazing video of international standard, anyone saying anything different is a joker

• Jane Biscuit

September 29, 2016 at 6:40 pm

This video is NOT of international standard.

22. qu33n

September 29, 2016 at 4:42 pm

I got bored watching this. *sigh*

23. aj

September 30, 2016 at 5:49 am

Love Toni Tones in the black outfit she looked pretty!

• aj