News

Aisha Buhari Says She Will not Back Her Husband in 2019 “If things continue the way they are” | Pres. Buhari Responds: “She belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room”

A "Yes you can call me Mr President" smile with wife Aisha at the Inauguration | Photo by Bayo Omoboriowo

President Muhammadu Buhari has responded to the BBC Interview where his wife, Aisha Buhari said she may not back him if he decides to contest in 2019.

She had said that if Buhari does not shake up his cabinet and things continue the way they are, she’ll not campaign for him like she did before.

The Associated Press reports that he laughed it off and said: “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”

Aisha made her position known in an interview with BBC’s Naziru Mikailu in Abuja.

“He is yet to tell me (if he’ll contest in 2019) but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again.”

In the audio released earlier this week, Aisha said that Buhari does not know most of the top officials in his administration, adding that a “few people” were behind presidential appointments.

“The president does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don’t know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years,” she said in the interview.

She said people who did not share the vision of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) were now appointed to top posts because of the influence a “few people” wield.

“Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position,” she said.

Asked to name those who had hijacked the government, she refused, saying: “You will know them if you watch television.”

On whether the president was in charge, she said: “That is left for the people to decide.”

On the major achievement of the Buhari-led administration, Aisha said:

“No-one is complaining about being attacked in their own homes. Thankfully everyone can walk around freely, go to places of worship, etc. Even kids in Maiduguri have returned to schools.”

1. Ife

October 14, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Honestly can this woman be put forward as a presidential candidate instead of her husband !!!

• Ife

October 14, 2016 at 4:28 pm

The truth is that this woman has risked everything she’s got in her life to come out and say the truth !!! She’s probably being suppressed , knowing fully well that things are going off by certain cabal . This is the kind of thing my Daddy can do even if you are his favourite child and you hold a public office and you mess up . If asked he will say the truth !!! Infact he will give them all you account details for them to retrieve the loot ??? My father ?? people like this are very genuine and straight forward and I’m happy that’s one trait I got from him . Going back to Mrs Buhari I hope they wouldn’t shut her up after this !!!

• Wale

October 14, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I have been off BN for a while now, but I just had to say this-Our President is AN ARSE!!! With all the work we did to elect him I have totally lost all respect for him. Any female in his cabinet that is worth her salt should resign. I will work my butt off to remove this man and his cronies in 2019.

• Mujercasada

October 15, 2016 at 3:22 am

Mrs Buhari, have only your daughters cook and serve you food. They should also source teh ingredients themselves. The cabal is coming for you. They are vicious.

• LemmeRant

October 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

BN women are gonna go cray on this one.

@Ife
      What makes her a better political candidate? Is it just because she disagrees with buhari?

• Ife

October 14, 2016 at 4:58 pm

What makes him a better political candidate ? May be years of experience !!! But she can front the government whilst he gives her advise . She’s very eloquent and if she can do this it means she has the same level of integrity as Buhari !!! Is that not why you people voted for Buhari ??? Did anyone think he had the competency ??? Based on pet administration he failed !!! But we voted for integrity which I don’t doubt he has but his wife is more articulate and she’s young !!! She’s also open and willing to learn and most of all she can stand her ground and I’m willing to vote for such a woman !!

• Iris

October 14, 2016 at 8:07 pm

That reason would only make sense if her husband’s tenure was perfect. With all the crap going on, you think the first reason women would agree with her is that she is female?

• GREY

October 15, 2016 at 8:11 am

who says Aisha has more level of integrity as her husband?? Buhari is even the one supressing the greedy trait of Aisha from being too loud and obvious.

• Ife

October 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

I posted something earlier don’t think Bellanaija approved it but I will post another !!! A woman who is not empowered to advise her husband is a surprised woman . If you ever run campaigns you will be well informed that both of them had sleepless nights on the road both of them suffered on the journey and yes !!! As a woman her opinion counts !!! Reasons why her opinion counts :
      1) It’s been proven that women are more observant than men . So she probably sees what’s going on more than him .
      2) she’s the only prominent female in this government . Aside from Kemi Adeosun and if this woman who is said to be the most prominent doesn’t have a voice it means women don’t have a voice .
      3) she’s a Nigerian citizen and has a right to air her opinion on things that could be detrimental to the country .

We have a lot of hypocrites in Nigeria !!! Some people said she shouldn’t speak up but they blamed Yardua’s wife for not speaking up about her husbands health !!! That’s not even the issue this is the struggle of a woman who doesn’t have a voice and is frustrated because some people have decided to form cabal and hijack the government from the hands of a man who in fairness has the best of intentions . He thinks he’s in charge but the woman can see he’s not infact in charge !!!
      I duff my hat for this woman is not easy to speak against your own !!! And that is why Nigeria is like this today they never speak against their own even if your father stole Idp money and he’s using it to but house in South Kesington it’s okay with you !!!! Spending blood money as long as you are comfortable that’s the mentality and it must change . Kudos Mrs Buhari !!!

• ogeAdiro

October 14, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Are you high?! Can you please wait for us to see if Nigeria can come out from under one Buhari administration before you try to sell us another Buhari!!!

• Lacey

October 14, 2016 at 11:24 pm

@Ife , what is Aisha’s pedigree for you to come up with this jargon reasoning here now ! Please we need technocrats that understand government and policies ! You can thank Aisha for saying the truth , but for leadership , no!

• FasholasLover

October 14, 2016 at 5:06 pm

In d other room? Can daddy still get it up? Foolish old man. Why would a President say this? Anyways, no surprises really. this is the way most men think.

• Marlvina

October 14, 2016 at 5:57 pm

[email protected] “get it up”….first things first, does any action go on in the “other room”? So what’s the point him making reference to it? Sigh! Drama in Aso rock! Aisha you might want to resort to watching “war room”!!

• EE

October 14, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Baba just said he does it in the kitchen, living room and other room, you still dey there dey queshun???

• Question

October 15, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Is the sentence,can He still get it up not sexist too?

• De Duchess

October 14, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Why should she replace him? Because she made a comment disagreeing with him. If we want a female president ngozi Okonjo seems like the best candidate.
      One statement does not make her capable of being president.

Back to the news….. OMG… It is going to be a great evening.
      Let me go and get popcorn and coke and get back for the comments.
      Bellanaija is about to be faya!!!! The last time things were this hot was after Chimamanda’s statement.
      I am ready!!

• chioma

October 14, 2016 at 9:21 pm

SHe has my 100% vote. I have new respect for her. What? You can tell she’s tired of the nonsense going on. She’s different from yaradua’s wife, she was crazy. But Aisha Buhari is being transparent. God bless her

• nnenne

October 14, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Wow! All these thumbs up for Aisha to be our president
      With what? After managing what?
      In 2016? With all the manpower in Nigeria ?
      Nigerians apparently have not learned any lessons.
      Keep putting the wrong people in office.
      SMH!

• JESUS Take The Wheel..

October 15, 2016 at 1:32 am

And this is the president Nigerians expect to #free habiba isa?

Almighty God, over to You, please!

• Not Cool

October 15, 2016 at 1:42 am

@Wale
      The other day I posted a comment with this phrase “in Nigeria you are the value of your vagina’. (I said it metaphorically speaking).
      Whether or not President Buhari made his comments about his wife as a joke. It still is all shades of wrong and reflects the way women are seen in this country. So Ife is right. We need females in positions of power in this country and Aisha being able to criticise her husband in public and attack her husband’s party does show some integrity which a lot of politicians lack.

Previous comment…for those that said I was mad!

@ Teju TJ, What, T2 and nwanyi na aga aga. When I said ‘you are the value of your vagina’ I meant it metaphorically. I guess it went over your heads. But I see today that President Buhari has just proved my point when he said his wife belongs in the kitchen, living room and other room. He said this on the international stage, reducing all Nigerian women to ‘vagina’s’ not human beings that should have a voice or a place in society like men. He may have said it as a joke but the fact that he could even say this without any fear says a lot about how Nigerian women are viewed by men in positions of power. So therefore I rest my case!!!

• Wale

October 15, 2016 at 8:36 am

That is why I said on another post that the Dabiri, Amina mohammed, adeosun, women’ affair minister -alhassan—where is she?and the rest of them should have immediately condemned their boss. It is telling that even toyin Saraki and remi Tinubu etc have all been silent. What about the female senator that proposed the women act bill? Okay, fine no one wants to rock the boat, after all jobs are hard to find. Oby-ms bbog, never gives a shit…why isn’t she condemning the presidents statement? If by Monday none of these women make a public comment denouncing this remark by the president, then they are all fools and they don’t deserve to be role models for our girls.

• belewe

October 18, 2016 at 10:11 am

If anyone was looking for what is wrong with Nigeria! Then the crack starts here!!!!

• Jani

October 15, 2017 at 9:33 am

Well, in hindsight, the vice presidential seat is what Aisha was angling for when she attacked her husband in public. She obviously has access to his medical records. PMB should beware his enemy of a wife.

2. Yummychickcummummy

October 14, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Msheww, awon eniyan radarada…. E still dey scratch u small, e go pinch u soon, ur language will be divided like towel of babel days…… All I know, God will bless Nigeria and remode it for us, with and without Buhari… I pray they receive sense and be strategic God will put the right people back in the position by His Grace

3. Lailatu

October 14, 2016 at 4:18 pm

I appreciate her honesty. One thing is for sure, she’s got guts!

4. Lara zion

October 14, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Hmm, This interview is very controversial, but somehow I support Aisha if she decides that’s what she will do if things don’t get better for this nation till 2019, I loathe giving people second chance and risk things. On the other hands, Buhari’ response however got me thinking he might contest come 2019.

• LemmeRant

October 14, 2016 at 4:55 pm

This used to be my avatar before BN took it.

Anyways, can anyone tell where Buhari’s response to what she said is? Abi BN they fear ni?

5. Drknite

October 14, 2016 at 4:22 pm

LOL @ “she belongs to my living room…”

• Mr. Egghead

October 14, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Honestly, i’ve noticed that old men have no filter. Zero fuqs given.
      At that point in your life, you don’t care how silly your statements are

• Abena

October 14, 2016 at 5:13 pm

He is not just an old man, he is a president of a country! Standing next to a woman on an international platform!!

• EE

October 14, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Well, what’s the worst that could happen, death??

• Marlvina

October 14, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Clearly why he said He belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody. Aisha, better person, get set o! Your husband might kick you out like a thief in the night just like he did to the arrested judges via DSS!

6. yemite

October 14, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Thank you Mr President she belong to the kitchen and bedroom. Probably some KABAL in APC as started using her as an engine to destroy your good plan just the way Remi tinubu live her primary duty as a mother dyeing in the senate house all because of getting power for her husband without fair of God in their doing.

• Daybreak

October 14, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Did you like your own comment?

7. King Bae

October 14, 2016 at 4:23 pm

LMAO, such a joke!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 14, 2016 at 4:35 pm

The both of them are just a massive & very humourless joke… are we being pranked?? Did they have a lover’s quarrel????? What the hell is this & why is it being played out in THE DAMN MEDIA???

Unfortunately… the joke’s on Nigeria so we will continue to remain the unwilling audience to this senseless farce.

• Cynical

October 14, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Honestly,that’s the question I’ve been asking @ Mrs Socially Awkward. What kind of tasteless joke is this? This is a mess…… Ah ah, couldn’t these ‘attack ‘ and dry reply be played out in the safe confines of Aso rock…… #Smh.

• LemmeRant

October 14, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Maybe Buhari has been shagging another 18yr old and she’s mad.

#storyforthegods

• EE

October 14, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Bia, speak for yourself. I’m having fun, there is even electricity for wall to wall updates on the drama.

Waiting for Zahra to chime in.

• LEM

October 14, 2016 at 7:07 pm

As in we are being punked big time. The joke is people are actually buying this b.s as being real. But as Ofili stated in one of his articles where are all those video makers that were very active during Jonah’s reign? This is a skit that is begging to be made

8. Mr. Egghead

October 14, 2016 at 4:28 pm

She dissed him pretty bad. I guess he had to check her publicly. Aisha needs to learn from the FLOTUS. She could have made her points to him in private but nah, she just had to wash linen in the marketsquare.
    Who wants to bet on some private reprimanding back in the Villa.

But, double twale to Buhari sha,
    72 years and still slanging in the ‘other room.’ Na real soldierman be dat

• Ife

October 14, 2016 at 4:34 pm

She doesn’t have anything to learn from Flotus who is the main brain behind Obama . Obama listens to her 90percent . Which is very obvious in all they do . Mrs Buhari and Mrs Obama don’t have the same struggle of an oppressed First Lady who cannot give advise or her opinion as to how the government should run !!! We are very hypocritical in Nigeria the woman has talked her life out in the home and she just probably wanted to wash her hands clean !!! She should be like Flotus when she doesn’t have the empowerment of Flotus ???? Anyone that knows Obama knows that woman looks like the engine of Obamas administration ??

• Hmm

October 14, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Mr egghead you too dey manipulate likes hmm?

• NK

October 14, 2016 at 6:58 pm

I am sick and tired of you lot saying people manipulate likes. If you make a sensible comment and you are consistently demonstrating intelligence you too will have plenty likes. Ngwanu, l just liked your comment. Take it to go and cash money at the ATM. Mtsheeew.

• Hmm

October 15, 2016 at 9:41 am

My bad! I got it wrong.

• Cynical

October 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

@Mr. Egghead, if you believe that baba (pun intended) is still slanging it out in the other room like you put it,you’ll believe anything o. Bear in mind that 72 is the football age o.

• Ellena

October 14, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Lmao ? ? ?
      This night na helele

• nnenne

October 14, 2016 at 11:19 pm

It is a strategy to say that the Buharis are concerned Get it

9. Abena

October 14, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Is that the best response he could provide to her thoughtful and well-articulated interview? She belongs “the kitchen, living room and other room”? And he made these statements while standing next to a female leader?

10. Thatgidigirl

October 14, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Aaaah! eleyi gidi gaaan!

• FasholasLover

October 14, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Aaaah, O gidi gaaan! Shege jaguar.

11. Lucinda

October 14, 2016 at 4:37 pm

I like a man who can stand an opinionated woman though in this instance his tone will be misunderstood. I like Aisha’s stubborness but I have doubts about her intentions. She said something about his cabinet members being absent during his campaign. That’s her reason and not if they are actually qualified for the job. She might have had her own candidates too. On a personal level, she’s too fast. If don’t like what your husband is doing, walk the walk and leave Aso Rock without your Birkin bags and Cartier watch, instead of running to the press.

12. Kinny

October 14, 2016 at 4:43 pm

She’s so misinformed. You don’t have to know someone personally to make him/her a minister. Ministers are nominated by states. How many of them can he know personally. That’s what’s there’s something called curriculum vitae.
    If we were to go by her personal recognition then all the monsters would come from the north and the few south south men she’s been I bed with.

• Ife

October 14, 2016 at 5:39 pm

You don’t have to know someone ???? the. You know nothing about politics tell that go the people on Downning Street and they will tell you how Theresa May got in and how she picked those on her cabinet !!! And why most of them are from Cambridge or Oxford !!! It’s a combination of various things and yes you have to know the person you are putting in key positions doesn’t have to be on a one to one basis but they must have been active in what you sold to the people .

13. survivor

October 14, 2016 at 4:46 pm

political drama

14. Cece

October 14, 2016 at 4:46 pm

She is a sell out and belongs outside their home. He might have made those sarcastic comments but i can only imagine the heat she would have encountered from him.

As the first lady, what changes has she brought about other than the regular ‘come and see what im doing!’

15. nikky

October 14, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Just look at how she’s casually asking for nepotism.
    Her husband did not apply sense in his response. A better response should have been Mr. President making a case for his alleged merit based appointments instead of you scratch my back I scratch your back appointments.
    What a mess.

16. Engoz

October 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

This is the damn reason why we need to reject shows like “Dear Young Wife”. You are killing the place of womanhood in Nigeria. You all think it’s a joke? It’s all fine and dandy, right? Perpetuating this ideology of restricting females to kitchen, domestic affairs and then in the same breath complain when Nigerian men view women as nothing more than a food service, cleaner and blow-up doll. Doesn’t make logical sense. You are aiding in the continuous disrespect of womanhood. And Posterity will judge us all. You find that instead of Buhari to address the political issues presented by the wife, he dismissed her intellect as that of kindergarten . It is very important to change this narrative. But how can we change it when we have women trying their possible best reinforcing this backward narrative with shows like dear young wife?

• Nne

October 14, 2016 at 5:05 pm

One of the reasons why even though I never supported the previous government neither am I a supporter of this current one (Nigeria politics is yet to inspire me), I always had some sort of respect for Patience Jonathan. She may be ‘razz’ but that woman was actually contributing to the empowerment of females in the country in her own little way without even knowing it.

• Nne

October 14, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Withstanding, Aisha was wrong for making such a statement public. if the first family is already divided, then what should the nation expect?

17. Beard gang

October 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

at least GEJ had respect for his wife!

aisha you could have discussed this privately with your husband. this is totally not having guts; this is disrespect. you are the mentor family of the country, so keep it together.

• ogeAdiro

October 14, 2016 at 5:01 pm

If all of this is true, then she kinda fired the first shot. All Buhari did was respond. But I guess he could have taken the high road. Hard to do when the other person is supposed to be your staunchest ally.

18. Mrs chidukane

October 14, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Drama at Aso Rock! I love it. Let’s just call her the Julian Assange of Nigeria.

19. Odi

October 14, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Chicken Suya and malt for my pretty self. Long sexy luscious yellow legs crossed. Gotta wash this one down with some delicacy as I watch the implosion begin.
    1. Aisha spills in interview
    2. Suddenly some of the proverbial “chibok girls” are rescued ”
    3. Bola tinubu makes statement in defense of buhari trying to once again paint him as a demi god.
    4. Buhari claps back at Aisha
    5 …we dey wait.

*sips malt*. It’s going to be a fun weekend.

• dangermouse

October 14, 2016 at 9:01 pm

LOL @ Buhari claps back at Aisha

2016… the year of the Clap Back

• DZY

October 14, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Wow what I comment. I wish I can sit with you and enjoy the suya and malt/ Gulder and watch this supa story episode play out,

• DZY

October 14, 2016 at 9:24 pm

what a comment*

• AbiolaVJ

October 14, 2016 at 9:47 pm

You got me at long luscious legs… Do you have a number? Time for us to go to the other room 🙂

20. Beard gang

October 14, 2016 at 4:59 pm

the real nigerian and hadiza please spare us nigerian men today abeg …lol.. the fact our president is misogynistic and abusive does not mean we all are o

choi! for the first time i admit my foolishness voting this man.. i could have voted KOWA or some other obscure party

• Eegor

October 14, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Exactly PDP is never an option

• EE

October 14, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Woooooohaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. Misogynistic I get, but where did you dig up “abusive” from???

21. LemmeRant

October 14, 2016 at 5:00 pm

But what does he mean by the “other room?” 🙂

• Marlvina

October 14, 2016 at 6:01 pm

On second thought, it might mean laundry room o! scratches head***

22. GANNY OGUNSHAKIN

October 14, 2016 at 5:02 pm

She is not tone deaf to the plights of her fellow Nigerians. Her husband’s response showed he is a male chauffeurnisti idiot. Who still believes, a woman’s place is in the kitchen and the bedroom. It is fair to conclude that Mr Buhari the Nigerian leader does not respect his wife and he is not shy to show that out.. ( By Publicly putting her in her place. The Kitchen and Bedroom ) nor believe in gender equality. No wonder the Nigeria’s legislatures were having a hard time passing gender equality bill.

• There they go again; reeds blowing in the wind.

October 15, 2016 at 1:03 am

“”She is not tone deaf to the plights of her fellow Nigerians.”” Really? Where do you get that from?
      Was it when on the campaign trail, her husband said there would be nothing like First Lady and Office of the First Lady that it is not in the Nigerian Constitution and she came out and contradicted him? Was it when after her husband had claimed and trumpeted how he had had to get a bank loan to pay the N27m or so million fee for the presidential candidate nomination fee of his party, and immediately at the inauguration she took official portraits flaunting a Cartier diamond blinged-out watch costing £34,500? Was it when, despite the hue and cry about that, she again flaunted her £15,000 Chopard diamond watch? Or, perhaps, it was when, yet again, despite all the hue and cry, including about her insensitivity to the plight of Nigerians in the unprecedented harsh economic times and RECESSION under her husband’s buharinomics, she stepped it up even more, and flaunted her $222,9112.00 at auction in 2015 Hermes bag in the face of the “”plights of her fellow Nigerians”?

Was it when obscenely soon after getting into the presidential Villa, she and her daughters flaunted on social media, the photos of herself and her daughters, cosying up, cheek to cheek, in warm embraces, smiling, smug, with Abacha’s daughters back in the very place Nigerians heaved enormous sighs of relief, and danced and sang and gave thanksgiving to the Almighty God for removing their father and them from? Abacha, the ‘gift that keeps on giving’, the looter and stealer, and rapist of Nigeria’s riches and wealth, still being returned after many fraught legal battles till today between his unrepentant wife and children and the FG and various western governments where he stashed Nigeria’s stolen wealth; the same thief her husband proudly and loudly declared was not a thief, was not corrupt, that stories and allegations of his looting were all just lies without any proof -even after the Swiss govt. had already returned some of that loot to Nigeria, even after Swiss lawyers and investigators had released detailed evidences of the thievery of the late Abacha, and his family, even when his son had been arrested and locked up in prison in Germany when he went to try to withdraw all the funds in some of the accounts at the bank and close out the account; till date her husband has never come out to withdraw his deliberate and shameful, corrupt attempt to rewrite history and repaint the late Abacha, – his former boss who made him petroleum minister and rehabilitated him – in false, righteous, innocent colours and to state for the record, even now as his government has been negotiating and sitting at the table with the Swiss government on repatriation of the remaining loot, that Abacha was a thief of the highest order and corrupt to the very core? Was it when she rushed to roll out the red carpet for them and flaunt their smug smiles and cheek-to-cheek embraces and laughter back in Aso Rock, in the face of Nigerians?

All of you gullible ones, who were quick to believe the PR spin about her husband’s ‘integrity’ , even in the face of public facts and records, all of you who put any intelligence and reasoning faculties you ever had to one side and swallowed all the ‘Mr. Buhari’, no longer “”general”” the dictator and unrepentant sharia and islamic fundamentalist fanatic campaigner, adherent and proponent spin of his PR handlers and agencies, even with the fact of record, the open fact of history of all his utterances and actions over the years which had never changed in character, tone or colour. You swallowed the spin that 2015 buhari was ‘born-again’, was a ”democrat’. The buhari in 2001 of the: “””I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria,” “God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,” notoriety. Buhair the open advocate for the IMPLEMENTATION (not theory only) of TOTAL sharia ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY. You are the type and the ones who believed the whitewash, the lies, the PR spin, who ignored facts, records, history. And here you are, doing it all over again for his wife.

The ‘difference’ between Mohammadu Buhari and Asiha Buhari is the same as that between six and half a dozen.

In fact, put her where he is currently, and you will most likely find she will put the late Abacha to shame, and that she is a faaaaar worse tyrant and dictator, and a far more unforgiving and vengeful enemy than her husband. She is certainly much more manipulative, and much smarter, more cunning in her manipulations than he is.

• FasholasLover

October 15, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Don’t l just love you? BTW where is baby geh sipping tea?

• Thank you!

October 15, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Can I hug you please?

• Maxine

October 16, 2016 at 11:34 am

Two words…. THANK YOU!!!!!

• Mujercasada

October 15, 2016 at 3:28 am

Abegi. Is his bedroom equipment even functional for a 40 something year old woman. Make I hear word.

23. Mz Titilitious

October 14, 2016 at 5:03 pm

hehehe

24. Ife

October 14, 2016 at 5:07 pm

BN pls post my comments oh ???

25. PEPSIN

October 14, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Mr Presaident, that place she is sitting next to you is your kitchen or bedroom or the other room, abi

26. Jess

October 14, 2016 at 5:22 pm

So Aisha wants her husband to reward people that supported him during elections by giving them juicy positions(qualified or not) while her husband filled those positions with candidates appointed by people with influence (qualified or not, mostly not qualified considering the state of Nigeria)The joke is on Nigerians men.

• Mujercasada

October 15, 2016 at 3:24 am

i think she spoke in the plainest English possible per her level of education. However, I really think what she is trying to say is that her husband’s plan has been hijacked. she is pointing Nigerians to the problems plaguing the country. Wake up people. We have an ally in Aso Rock. Maybe she can name names so that we can uproot those nasty weeds.

27. hadiza

October 14, 2016 at 5:28 pm

See this misogynist. Disgusting human we made our President. See the leader of Nigeria, I pity this country. What good plans for women can made by this kind of chauvinistic pig?? Men are useless. See this beast thinking he is in 1800. foolish pig from foolish north. See our 21st century, I spit at this country.

• GOD's Own Country: Nigeria.

October 15, 2016 at 1:14 am

@hadiza, And your “”spit”” boomerangs and backfires immediately right back in your face, impotent, embittered, agent of hell and darkness such as you are. And, men are NOT “”useless””. You, and all your curses and negative speech about Nigeria and men and humankind, are.

A nothing like you. Nothing and less than nothing is what you and your evil words are and remain always and forever.

In JESUS’ Name, AM,EN.

28. #MadeInNaija

October 14, 2016 at 5:31 pm

After mastering how to “”pray non-stop for an hour”” and “”how to cook jollof rice””, you may jolly well find your place only in the kitchen, bedroom and other room (Children’s room/nursery) after wedlock. This is the 2016 version of NAIJA w.i.f.e material. If you do not have it, do not worry, 2017 version will be an improved version. Daalu nu

29. Ife

October 14, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Really Okonjo ???? What makes Okonjo qualified ??? The economy was wrecked and padded under her watch . I’m convinced Nigerians don’t read to understand what’s going on in their own economy . You think Okonjo is qualified because she read Urban and Regional planning in MIT ??? Being a technocrat doesn’t make you a politician !!!

• nwakama

October 14, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Please do your research before spitting hatred she did her Phd in MIT in regional economics and development and her first degree was also in Economics. You Nigerians never cease to amaze me with your propaganda against the most powerful female Nigerian globally even according to TIME’s ranking

• nnenne

October 14, 2016 at 11:28 pm

@ Ife…
      Wish I could reply you!
      I have had a long day and am worn out
      Your political prowess became very evident when you nominated Aisha Buhari for the Office of the presidency of Nigeria.
      Wow!

30. hadiza

October 14, 2016 at 5:35 pm

I guess when she was campaigning for this thing, she was in the kitchen and bedroom abi?? stupid chauvinist. No wonder the foolish senate can’t pass a simple equality bill. I hate these men. They are the reason for our lack of development. Disgusting.

31. Mira

October 14, 2016 at 5:35 pm

And in one sentence, the presidency tells Nigerian women where they belong.
    There is hope!!!

32. A Real Nigerian

October 14, 2016 at 5:36 pm

NOoOoooooo!! And I thought I had seen it all!!! Oh my God. NIGERIAN MEN will never cease to amaze me!
    What a shameless comment by a so-called President. This closet Jihadist and Abacha apologist is even more clueless than I thought. An utterly classless and irresponsible response by a man who is supposed to serve as a moral example to the LOST and EVIL NIGERIAN MEN. If the President can make such foolish comments, what does that say about our country and the men of our country?
    This horrible man is essentially promoting the idea that women should have no say in our society and should only exist as beings used for sex, procreation and as trophy wives.
    For this man to be the preferred option to that bloated Otuoke drunkard who stole money like he had no conscience shows how far we have fallen as a nation!!
    This goes to show that ALL NIGERIAN MEN are, indeed, PIGS. From the panel beater to the President, there is no difference!! They are all wild animals with a hateful and entitled rhetoric. How can the top couple in the country be embarrassing themselves like this???
    What a disgusting country!!! *vomits*

• Nerve

October 14, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Just stoop down and scoop your vomit back into your mouth. You are no better than Buhari and his cohorts

• Chief

October 14, 2016 at 7:55 pm

You are a frustrated ugly Nigerian woman that has been used,passed around and dumped by Nigerian men,I’m very sorry that you allowed yourself to be used and dumped.,i understand your anger and hatred towards Nigerian men.You referred to us as pigs and you have been spewing vitriol about Nigerian men but listen as an elder i pray that you will end up with maasai men in kenya.

• GOD's Own Country: Nigeria.

October 15, 2016 at 1:20 am

What is wrong with Masai or Kenyan or African or any men, or any women, please, that you would wish such spawn of satan on them?

• GOD's Own Country: Nigeria.

October 15, 2016 at 1:18 am

@A Real Nigerian, you fake, you liar, you impostor. You have already been replied via your other name and handle i,.e. @hadiza.

33. A Real Nigerian

October 14, 2016 at 5:37 pm

I have had it!! This is the final straw!! NIGERIAN MEN ARE F-CKED UP PIGS!!! Nooooooooo! How could he say this in public without feeling any shame????

• #MadeInNaija

October 14, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Pls withdraw your insult against Nigerian men and you should not use foul language. It is very unfair on hardworking and respectful Naija men that live up to their responsibilities in their families. This is not about Nigeria but about a couple called PMB and Aisha.. Tks

• A Real Nigerian

October 14, 2016 at 6:00 pm

You must be very stupid. I am not in the mood to tolerate any nonsense from any NIGERIAN MAN-BEAST. Please get out of my sight.

• Nerve

October 14, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I hope the Nigerian men you so hate includes your father and brothers etc.

34. A Real Nigerian

October 14, 2016 at 5:41 pm

If there is anything worse than a NIGERIAN MAN, it is a NIGERIAN MAN who is a MUSLIM!

35. Mrs chidukane

October 14, 2016 at 5:42 pm

See ehn, she has just confirmed reports that there is a cabal led by Maman Daura ruling Nigeria. I guess OBJ is the only one who actually led Nigeria himself! What I ask is this, if he knew he couldn’t carry out his responsibilities himself and fulfill his campaign promises, why did he run for Office so many times? Anyway , he should enjoy it while it lasts because he will not even win APC primaries again. His reply is so sexist and foolish. No wonder he hardly has female appointees. Also anyone that believes he can still get it up is on a long thing. Does Aisha look like someone who relates with a relic? I don’t think so.

36. Silas

October 14, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Na white fowl the show his self to Native doctor, Aisha & Buhari for God sake make una live us alone pls, l don’t know Aisha know about the condition of people in this country Ooooooooo

37. A Real Nigerian

October 14, 2016 at 5:54 pm

All the IDIOT NIGERIAN MEN who are on this website should get out now!!! I have always been right! Hadiza and FemFem have always been right!! All of you are pigs! All NIGERIAN MEN are PIGS. There is NO EXCEPTION!! All you foolish women who are married to potential rapists and violent, entitled, pretentious brats are the ones causing this nonsense!! You all live in the grand delusion that you have a “good” husband or boyfriend when the reality is that they look down on you and are only putting on a facade to deceive you and manipulate you psychologically this time! I won’t be surprised if Lucifer himself is a NIGERIAN MAN! NIGERIAN MEN are the worst of the worst and they deserve to rounded up and slaughtered!! Fucking rapists, manipulators and deranged wife beaters!!!
    I HATE you ALL!!!

• A concerned citizen

October 14, 2016 at 11:22 pm

??? damn!! take some cold water..Who did this to you?…..You gonna die for HBP,if you continue like this.

• belewe

October 20, 2016 at 7:10 am

YEA! U try it, @$$ Hole

38. BlueEyed

October 14, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Our female change agents, how market?? Una don go hide or you want to jump and pass this one ?? It’s only 2016 relax more drama will unfold.

39. A Real Nigerian

October 14, 2016 at 6:02 pm

All the IDIOT NIGERIAN MEN who are on this website should get out now!!! I have always been right! Hadiza and FemFem have always been right!! All of you are pigs! All NIGERIAN MEN are PIGS. There is NO EXCEPTION!! All you foolish women who are married to potential rapists and violent, entitled, pretentious brats are the ones causing this nonsense!! You all live in the grand delusion that you have a “good” husband or boyfriend when the reality is that they look down on you and are only putting on a facade to deceive you and manipulate you psychologically this time! I won’t be surprised if Lucifer himself is a NIGERIAN MAN! NIGERIAN MEN are the worst of the worst and they deserve to rounded up and slaughtered!! F%#king rapists, manipulators and deranged wife beaters!!!
    I HATE you ALL!!!

• Teni

October 14, 2016 at 6:31 pm

This old fool doesn’t represent ALL Nigerian men. Chill.

• Obi

October 14, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Give it up already. Its getting boring.

• Niola

October 14, 2016 at 7:46 pm

real Nigerian is definitely not Nigerian and if he/she is may you be delivered from whatever scarred you in jesus name sometimes I can under your frustrations but I can never under your approach, foul language and condescending personality.. I bet in reality you are some docile person this must be your alter ego.In the event that the cruel you is really you and I have mistaken you to be otherwise please write articles and please but a small bio and a pic below you know put a face behind your brand. I will let you know why after.

• ari

October 14, 2016 at 8:28 pm

@ a real nigerian, how dare you come here and say such nonsense! you’re the one that is deranged if you think what you said is okay. The fact that someone somewhere hurt you does not mean you should advocate wiping out nigerian men, that’s how genocide starts. you’re starting to become a waste of space on BN and you obviously have mental issues, don’t come here saying such BS when sane people are talking and change your name from a real nigerian because a real nigerian will accept that nigeria, including its men, has its fault and will ask for change. bloody idiot!!

• AbiolaVJ

October 14, 2016 at 9:49 pm

This is not a smart comment… Are women dumb, too… Or are u the only one

40. oo

October 14, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Real Nigerian, Haba now, wetin Nigerian men do u?????? hate is a strong word. please tread carefully. God bless u sister

• For the G. White & G.

October 15, 2016 at 1:28 am

@oo, kindly stop believing the devil’s lie. It should be so bright, shining CLEAR to everyone long before now that the creature masquerading under the name @A Real Nigerian is anything but a Nigerian. Kindly do not refer to it in any way, shape or form as Nigerian. Thank you.

Secondly, do not continue in being fooled and make assumptions that it is female. He could have same-sex issues, of either gender.

41. Luu

October 14, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Many facets of this banter
    1. Rumour has had it that Maman Daura runs this country now. He lives in Aso rock and has taken over the duty of patience, that is sanctioning the president’s timetable. Its very serious that Aisha goes through him to Buhari.

2. In view of 1, I think what Aisha did was to draw attention to the situation of hijack.

3. But it also means to an extent she knows she acknowledges that they are not keeping the promises they made.

4. With respect to the people that campaigned not being in power, my thought just went to Tinubu. Just maybe she was talking about him.

5. Personally nothing makes a woman powerless than not being put in the loop. Or allowing her make suggestions.

6. Bihari’s govt has treated women worse than any govt since Obj with regards appointment. Asides ministers and NPA, nothing much for women with respect to men’s ratio. So it’s disheartening that he thinks a woman’s place including his children is the kitchen and bedroom. Especially standing next to a female ruler. And with the current #freehabiba

7. Feminism that equates to a woman’s right to be successful is still very fundamental in Nigeria.

42. king Bey

October 14, 2016 at 6:32 pm

And this what the president had to say about his wife”she belongs in the kitchen” Nigerian men mumu sha…. Aisha boo bae spill it out oh jare…president Buhari needs to buckle up,fake president,fake administration..

43. nna

October 14, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Gosh,Fellow Nigerians. Is this what your president thinks women are for? Kitchen, living room and bedroom. No wonder he has kept mute on the case of the 14 yr old married to the Emir.

44. Todds

October 14, 2016 at 6:45 pm

For me, a change would mean having Sanusi Lamido as Presidential candidate with VP as either Raji Fashola or Ibe Kachikwu. Those are the guys who have at least the know-how to drive change. But the Cartel forces, those “few powerful people” won’t let it happen.

• the real ibinabo

October 14, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Sanusi ke! Trust me that guy is no different from Buhari, the only difference is that his misogyny is coated with Queen’s English

• Kilipot

October 14, 2016 at 11:07 pm

@ibinabo. You haven’t lied.

• Ellena

October 15, 2016 at 12:04 am

The same Sanusi in whose palace Ese Oruru was kept while being defiled and eventually impregnated by Yunusa?

45. kilipot

October 14, 2016 at 6:46 pm

That was a stupid response by PMB, I’m not surprised though.

46. Ethio

October 14, 2016 at 6:55 pm

I’M NOT BUYING IT! someone get them a gun amd a bottle of poison

47. EE

October 14, 2016 at 7:05 pm

S/N Its rather curious how the Nigerian man who goes all out to propose, the man renewing his vows on his 50th, the generations of men who have sent their daughters to school, the male mentor who advances a woman’s career without asking for anything in return, the millions of men who invest in female run business.

None of those are “Nigerian men”, right??? I mean, really what does it say about you??

• Denzel

October 14, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Please shut up. You swear youre SO reasonable but you’re actually rather irritating. Turkey with his head buried in the ground

• EE

October 14, 2016 at 7:27 pm

You find being trying reasonable irritating??

????

P.S you meant ostrich. Let me irritate you further???

48. Muse

October 14, 2016 at 7:29 pm

How low can PMB go?? Relegating his wife to mere spaces in his home?? Honestly, as someone suggested, first things first, let all Ladies in his cabinet resign.

This is a huge slap to every sane Nigerian, irrespective of tribe, religion, ideas or party affiliations, and an apology from PMB IMO wouldn’t suffice here, a resignation would be a honorable thing to do, and if he fails to do it, Nigerians please, we have to do this together, he has to go.

I’ve developed a sharp pain in my chest reading this.

49. madman

October 14, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Dear BellaNaija, it is MADMAN writing here. Please I want a one-on-one session with the REAL Nigerian character. I would like to know why she has such HATRED for Nigerian men. Maybe its because she hasn’t met me yet… I could be the love of her life who transforms how she thinks about men.

• Marian

October 14, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Wear a bullet/knife proof gear and sha don’t eat/drink anything during the session to avoid stories that touch.

• Teni

October 14, 2016 at 10:33 pm

This isn’t a rom-com.

• Tosin

October 15, 2016 at 8:09 am

do a reality show. i want movie/tv rights. you may end up dead, so yeah, sign a waiver.

chei, one-on-one session! other room! this year is our year 😀

50. Austin

October 14, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Is a shame buhari as president to utter such statement. Then again in northern Nigeria women are basically slaves is a pity

51. phoebe

October 14, 2016 at 8:38 pm

I’ve noticed foolish men have no filter. Disgraceful comment. As president of the most popular black African nation, you don’t go saying things like that!

52. Marian

October 14, 2016 at 9:12 pm

I would like to see a video of the president making those statement because the press can manipulate things sometimes.

Yet to see an election where obasanjo, tinubu, babaginda and co are not involved. Those are the people ruling naija.

• Niola

October 14, 2016 at 10:14 pm

@Marian watch channels at 10pm. ..mouth aghast as he said it no manipulation here o

• Here

October 14, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Here’s a link to the video:

You’re welcome! 🙂

• FasholasLover

October 14, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Go to LIB. The video is there.

53. Adio_Braimoh

October 14, 2016 at 9:29 pm

I love the galvanized attitude of mr. President, he didn’t expect such public statement from her wife. She tends to take credit from her public outcry but, PMB got the suited respond. I hail thee gallant men.

54. Olisa

October 14, 2016 at 10:38 pm

It is quite a shame that a public figure can be so reckless with his utterances.Women have a right to be heard and no woman deserves to be treated as a second class citizen.
    Still, Mrs Buhari could have chosen a better platform to voice her opinions.It does not speak well of us as a nation.

55. Nadi

October 14, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Buhari whatever happened to *change begins with me* FYI it includes ur mouth, mentality, attitude and self control. Rubbish

56. Stephanie

October 14, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Wow. This is one of those stories you don’t even know where to start from. First things first though, can we all honestly agree that Aisha did not try. There is no country and I’m sure planet where this is acceptable. If she was not first lady it would still be fantastically stupid of her. Hillary did not come out and start slagging bill, even Melania scrapped together some cells to know better. Second, president bubu definitely needs to not write his own jokes. Do I believe he thinks women belong at home? yes. He’s calling it a joke but it’s coming from somewhere. Do I blame him and am i offended? No. Because that’s his culture, that’s his age group, that’s what he has seen and those are the women he meets. If nothing, Aisha has shown that not everybody has it…so for heaven’s sake why can’t kitchen etc be her place?? You want to pretend there are not women in the world who like/want that life? Or they don’t matter again cos it’s only cool to be a fighter of equality or whatever? Third, ask yourself honestly o if one of your many prides and the first thing you’re dying to show your potential husband after he knows you etc is how well you can cook, how amazing even more than the last babe u are in bed, and how wonderful you are at planning?? Don’t lie! I’m not saying that’s all but men are not racing to show you how they just banged out this bastard egusi soup…I’m jus sayin

57. Ellena

October 15, 2016 at 12:00 am

I rebuke you in Jesus name!

58. Engoz

October 15, 2016 at 12:15 am

Just this year alone we have seen top male leaders INSULT, DISREGARD and DISRESPECT womanhood using our favorite culprits – religion and culture. Womanhood is in deep trouble in this country! Our daughters are not even safe. A 14 year old girl can be kidnapped, inculcated into a religion and married off to an EMIR and nothing will happen. If the entire Nigerian male do not want to be branded as over sexualized beasts who are on a rampage to destroy women they had better start speaking up and see female rights as human rights.

59. Aro

October 15, 2016 at 2:19 am

Aisha is an idiot. What she did would never be condoned anywhere in the world. Buhari’s response was very politically incorrect. But it’s obvious that he doesn’t feel that way, since Aisha was running a business before Aso rock. Aisha needs to be schooled on diplomacy.

60. ......

October 15, 2016 at 7:37 am

Truth… She already said she has told him that if this continues she will not campaign for him in 2019.. Like she said she told him.. Leave it as that .. How many married woman come and start broadcasting the advise given to their husbands by them.. I am sure she is still pained the he banned office of the First Lady.. You where first a wife before you became first lady.. Did you do this as a wife ..THIS IS A NATION AND NOT A COMPOUND..

61. Newton Ikire

October 15, 2016 at 10:32 am

This is the first time a corroded pipe is gushing out fresh water. Buhari should apologize to Aisha on his knees and do same to all women in the world!

62. yemite

October 15, 2016 at 10:53 am

Kudos to you sir Mr President. The only way you might be accuse of stealing by politician is the office of the first lady. Pls mr President don’t allow such. We are proud of you. Let some fool call you different name, am very very and very sure the only name they can never call you is a thief. I repeat we are proud of you. Mind you am not in support of APC or PDP but the fact is that some useless Leader in APC are the cause of all this nonsense. Stop engine Aisha to her husband APC Kabal

63. Ada Nnewi

October 15, 2016 at 11:32 am

And the half baked illiterate men like yemite, aro etc plainly exhibit their ignorance in support of Buharis’s statement….

64. Maxine

October 16, 2016 at 11:01 am

GBAM!!! This was my same question! Much as I’m no fan of Buhari, I think Aisha could have been a bit more diplomatic…. As for her bae’s response….. Aaaarrrggghhh!!!! #cantdealmehnnnn… Why are ‘other room’ disagreements playing out on the international arena biko??

65. shocked

October 17, 2016 at 10:16 am

“She belongs to my kitchen and living room and the other room” This here my friends, is going to be Buhari’s legacy for a looooong time. The world will remember him as shameless masogynist. Perhaps if he were a Christain he would have recalled Ecc 20 : 18 before displaying his stupidity over international media.

66. Favour guy

October 17, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Hmm!! I think God has started answering the prayers of poor Nigerians, more are yet to be reviled and I tell you at the end those pretenders will be publicly disgraced creating vacuums for the right people to take over. “God help us”

67. mohammad ahmad

October 18, 2016 at 10:20 am

Such advice from a wife to a husband
    should be given at Bed time and not to the hearing of anybody.
    “If a wife does that to me, the woman will return to her
    parent’s house within 24 hours of that statement

• Oyin

June 29, 2018 at 6:15 am

Yes we know your kind

68. oladio kwakosiyalover

October 19, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Mrs 1st lady coz I CNT coll u Mrs buhari………….Mrs 1st lady I luv u for dis

69. Shitta azeez

May 29, 2018 at 9:04 pm

I see how much you are doing today

70. Oyin

June 29, 2018 at 6:14 am

And the deaths continue… Crying blood on your hands and children, better ask God to show mercy to you and your family. You are living with a terrorist