News

Granddaughter of Shehu Shagari, Nana Shagari & Saleh Lukat are getting Married!

nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-13This is such an admirable match!

Northern Nigeria is about to witness one of the most glamorous weddings of the year as Nana Shagari, who is the granddaughter of former Nigerian President Shehu Shagari, and Saleh Lukat, former Vice President Namadi Sambo’s in-law are set to marry.

Nana is described as “a combination of beauty and brains.” She graduated with a First Class degree from the University of Leicester, UK at the age of 19 and is currently a student at the Nigerian Law School. Her father, Muktar Shagari was one of the longest serving Ministers during the Olusegun Obasanjo regime and also served as the deputy governor of Sokoto State for 8 years.

The groom-to-be Saleh is also described as “an enterprising businessman, with some successful businesses to his credit”.

According to reports, preparations are already in top gear for this grand event which is set to take place in the capital city, Abuja, before the end of the year.

See their pre-wedding photos shot by George Okoro below:nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-5 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-1-2 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-1-3 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-8 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-9 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-10 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-15 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-16 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-19 nana-shagari-and-saleh-lukat_pre-wedding-photos__georgeokoro-22

Photography: George Okoro

1. Fifi

November 1, 2016 at 9:28 pm

So the grooms name is former vp sambo’s inlaw very interesting

• Blueberry

November 2, 2016 at 11:59 am

lmao

2. US Number

November 1, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Very beautiful couple……But I wonder if the groom does not have his own identity…..why Namadi sambo in law?

• ejiro

November 2, 2016 at 3:31 pm

very annoying !

3. FitMrsFats

November 1, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Is the title of this post necessary? Beautiful couple abeg!

4. o

November 1, 2016 at 9:57 pm

I tire o. Former vice president’s in-law lohun lohun. Not even his son or nephew. Must they hide him under the shadow of that one popular family member??? Anyway God bless their union. Very pretty bride

• Tobi

November 7, 2016 at 2:46 pm

I understand this issue perfectly because I have been there. It can be so annoying when your identity is hidden behind a rich member of the family. We just did my mum’s burial. My uncle is very rich and popular. We know our financial contribution but guess what ,most people think my uncle did it all which is just so extremely annoying. I wanted to make a big issue out of it but kept quiet and explained to an aunty what we did. Yes, he made his contribution but did not do everything. How can I allow someone else to do every regarding my mum’s burial when she has children alive, is that not a curse. I have fought so hard with the help of God to be independent because people beg my uncle for money but I chose to separate myself. If he gives me fine but I don’t want to have to ask because God gave me life and strength to work also.

5. Flexe

November 1, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Are you guys not seeing what they did there?
    Former president meets former vice president (still in the same circle). The influential marry influential, poor marry poor, it is by the power of love we have the middle class, where the rich marry poor.
    Now that I’m done with that, Happy married life in advance!

• Anon

November 2, 2016 at 3:24 am

Middle class are actually poor people marrying themselves and working hard to move up. Rich people should marry themselves and vice Versa. Seeing as people see them as a lazy ticket out. Work for your own money instead ah. What’s the BN commenters’ obsession with rich people marrying each other

• shield

November 2, 2016 at 8:40 am

That’s the way it is in the north. They believe in destiny. The rich were destined to be rich and must remain rich so they marry within their circles. Keep the money in the family. Very rare to see a northerner from very humble background marry a stinkingly rich man/woman.
      In the South, some families still insist on class/pedigree, but there’s more mingling of financial backgrounds.

6. Voltron

November 1, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Wao how can one be so beautiful,rich and brainy at the same time hehn. She is so beautiful damn! This guy is so lucky. I will really prefer that my wife comes from a wealthy family. Sincerely not for the money. I find women from different socioeconomic background as myself attractive. Their perception of life is so interesting.

7. Finding Trouble

November 2, 2016 at 7:43 am

Dear BN it is LUKAT.
    Thanks.
    They are a decent family from Kano, that raised proper adults.
    Go and ask around abeg!

8. Lady

November 2, 2016 at 8:17 am

This Couples make brain abeg…classy, simple, decent, educated, beautiful etc wowwwwwwwwwwwww……….awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Lol

9. onyi

November 2, 2016 at 8:18 am

i feel for sambo’s daughter (the 1st wife) i wonder how she is feeling now.

10. Quezon city

November 2, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Sambo did not marry another wife please only Aunty Amina.
    The groom is Aunty Amina’s younger brother!
    Read before you spew rubbish!

11. ejiro

November 2, 2016 at 3:29 pm

God,,, BN you people make things complicated… whats with the name dropping ? “Former President Shehu Shagari’s Granddaughter Nana Shagari & Former Vice President Namadi Sambo’s in-law Saleh Lukah are getting Married!” …. it got confusing after ” former vice president…… y’all do to much! i just woke up biko lol

12. Mo'Diva

November 2, 2016 at 3:42 pm

awwww lovely, me likey

13. curious

November 3, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Is she only 19? If she did NLS straight after uni then she can’t be more than 20
    By the way, love the description of “some successful businesses under his belt” hahahahah Only some?