Scoop

“No one’s life is worth your life sentence” – Ali Baba shares a Friend’s Experience where Uncontrollable Anger landed him in Jail

ali-baba

Comedian Ali Baba shared a very important life lesson for his followers to learn from. He spoke about how having uncontrollable anger can cause dire consequences.

Read his post below.

This story I am about to share, you would have heard, told several times, in different ways. But mine is not a story. A friend of ours, a lawyer, in Abuja, was at a 5 day retreat and decided to dash back home to get something that couldn’t wait. And meets his madam in an uncompromising position. And just as he and the lover boy got into a fight, lover boy broke free, ran for the door to the balcony, opened it and jumped for his dear life, when he heard madam say don’t shoot him, shoot me instead. And he jumped to his conclusion. He hit his skull against something and died instantly. The case took like a year and our guy was jailed. The wife was held responsible for the whole tragedy. She tried to make people see how sorry she was, and even tried to say there was no more love between them… but the deed was done. No one cared. Now pause for a minute. Agreed the man had a right to get angry. Agreed the lover boy was wrong to go to a matrimonial home. Agreed he should not have gone for his gun. What if he had recorded it and told her to move out? Would he be an ex convict today? Guess what? The woman is living her life now and the only thing is she is adulterous. Not an ex convict. She can still run for elections. Remarry. And hey! She DID remarry. She tried to see him in prison but after she realized the futility, because the family banned her from even coming near her son, she gave up, relocated and started a new life abroad. The lesson in this is, #MaaSheyBooSheTo! Don’t let your emotions make you use all your power and connections to deal with an issue that will be an overkill. Control your anger. Avoid people who work you up. Think twice. If you can not stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If you can not do the time don’t do the crime… let us learn to control our emotions and anger. You don’t want to know what the consequences of road rage have amounted to in surveys. No ones life is worth your life sentence. Think fast. Think twice. Think well.

1. tony

November 2, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Very well said…. most of us would by Gods grace not find ourselves in that kind of a situation that is “”life and death”… but the question is what would you do if it comes to that??

How do we respond to everyday issues that get us angry?? somebody writes stuff about you on social media or disrespects you.. what do you do?? in such little everyday wahala we react in a manner that seems like the world is coming to an end… now imagine finding your Significant other in such a situation, most people would kill… to what end.????
    I know a professional who had gone to her boyfriends home, found the boyfriend with another woman and decided to cause trouble only to have the cops called on her resulting in an arrest records and loss of job.

Always take a step back! always take a breath or 2! Alibaba thanks for the word of wisdom

2. OO

November 2, 2016 at 8:28 pm

How shallow and tasteless from Alibaba! You meet your wife/husband bumping uglies with the concubine on your matrimonial bed and you say control your emotions??? We have a flawed legal system in Nigeria that’s why he went to jail. Try that in Florida or Texas and see.
    You think it’s that easy to control? I pray it don’t happen to you. You will understand the meaning of madness of you find yourself in such a scenario

• Nakoms

November 2, 2016 at 8:44 pm

The man is is talking about the need for self control!

No don’t control your temper be forming Texas and Florida there. Is it not in those same places racist police kill blacks like it’s going out of fashion. How’s that for rule of law.

Ewu ten thousand!

• lakokofefe

November 2, 2016 at 11:30 pm

So…what exactly is shallow and tasteless about what he said? Think about words before using them…all in a bid to join the Alibaba-bashing gang.

• jummai

November 3, 2016 at 10:58 am

You ve said it all, the more reason why one needs to LEARN to control ones ANGER cause we are not in FLORIDA NOR TEXAS

• You are Speaking English...

November 4, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Hello OO,
      You actually proved the point Alibaba is making with your own comment, ‘ we live in a country with flawed legal system’- so the message here is protect yourself, fight for your own life and future, do not expect or depend on a system or someone to determine the course of your life. Until Nigeria resolves it’s internal issues, to align the legal system as it should so that such a man as described will not have to go to jail, the onus is on you to live life simply.
      More so, the Bible also preaches against anger in several ways- it lives in the heart of fools. Self Control is a virtue- in any situation.
      Let’s learn and move on- the write up is not tasteless and was not directed at the faults of the nation but an admonition to the world.

3. Oo

November 2, 2016 at 8:32 pm

*if

4. Telling it like it is.

November 2, 2016 at 8:57 pm

I have to say that, to be fair, honest, and non-hypocritical, in such a situation, only GOD, only GOD can control and keep the human, mortal being, either male or female, sane.

• fegor

November 3, 2016 at 9:16 am

Wise words

5. rook

November 2, 2016 at 9:19 pm

its not easy but I am learning to tame my emotions…not just as it relates to relationships, but to business too. I am learning not to get myself worked up or sad over things. if a business idea fails or I loose a huge sum of money …I am learning to just let go and not let it get to me….life is beautiful and when there is life by GOD’s grace there is hope. most times we stress out too much over different things (marriage, school, work etc) and this why I think hypertension is prevalent among Africans…we work too hard for a living that we actually forget to live!
    how do I let things go? simple by not investing too much energy + thoughts into them in the first place. I work reasonably hard to pursue my dreams….but I always go with an open mind and have many other plans…plan b, c, d, to z. so if A doesn’t work…I am off to the next. and the same applies to relationship for me. no I don’t have multiple partners….its just that I know humans no matter what always have tendencies to fail…and I carry this in mind and plan ahead. its simple I don’t put my heart in the hands of any human…its much responsibility for a human to handle. I love with my head. I don’t fall in love…I walk in love?

6. Nawa

November 3, 2016 at 12:23 am

Ali baba has some interesting friends. All his stories revolve around his friends experiences

7. Mo'Diva

November 3, 2016 at 8:51 am

Thanks Alibaba for this message. #sigoja.com

8. Jade

November 3, 2016 at 9:51 am

This story is such a lie, did he push the guy? no he jumped. So if there is an armed robber in your house and you get a gun, he jumps and dies then you go to jail? Where biko? even Nigerian police will be hesitant to arrest the guy, do you know there is a defense called provocation? if he had taken a stool and hit the guy on the head immediately and he died he could still walk free talkless of someone that jumped to his death. Abeg go cook your story well, this one no don

9. john

November 3, 2016 at 10:50 am

this story dey somehow..why didnt he kill the woman..atleast he go dey jail with his sanity fulfilled

10. Zella

November 3, 2016 at 12:15 pm

This story reminds me of my big cousin who killed a neighbour in anger. Why? Neighbours wife and his wife were arguing. Arguement turn to fight. Husbands got involved. Fight broke out and neighbour got stabbed.

11. trudy

November 3, 2016 at 1:54 pm

i have learnt to control my emotions (especially when im interacting with others, i dont mind being emotional when im alone). so this how i reacted to my boyfriend saying he wants to go back to his Ex; OKAY. Boo complained that im not even fighting for his love.. he was expecting me to cry and beg lloolll.. i just deleted his contacts, no need for the drama of ex gf and cuurent gf blah blah blah… i look at things now and keep my mouth shut.. being mysterious is really cool. it keeps people guessing. ANGER is an emotion, albeit a bad one.. i like to keep mine and other unneccesary emotions under lock.

12. trudy

November 3, 2016 at 1:59 pm

and let me add this too, i achieved these because i distanced myself from negative people. my mom was the negative person… i love her soo much but shes soo angry and filled with bitterness, so even though i live with her, i try as much as possible not to get ticked off by her.. parents, your children will adopt what you feed them directly or indirectly so please watch what you say or do.

13. tunmi

November 3, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Wise advice. But “because the family banned her from even coming near her son,” this part here….