News

Randy Football Coach arrested for Defiling Players

BellaNaija.com

Frank Darlington

Frank Darlington

Police in Lagos State have arrested a 49-year-old football coach, Frank Darlington, for allegedly having carnal knowledge of his young players.

The Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, confirmed this on Monday while briefing newsmen on some of the command’s successes recorded within two weeks.

Owoseni said the coach allegedly lured the young players to his house under the guise of seeking their assistance in some house chores.

He said the suspect was arrested on Thursday in Agege area, when two among several of his victims reported their experience to their parents.

According to the suspect:

I always get fascinated to the boys whenever I remember my wife, because it is not easy staying alone without a woman.

I always make love to these boys through… their anus because whenever I feel sexual urge, I would lure them to assist me with some house chores.

It is not every time I sleep with some of the boys; sometimes I do romance them just to relieve myself of my feelings for my wife.

I don’t force the boys to make love with them, after I have pondered on my lifestyle I decided to put a stop to what I am doing.

I have been making love to some of these boys over a year now but during this period I have lost count of numbers of the boys.

One of the victims who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the coach had slept with him  five times.

“The very first time he made love to me was when I went to assist him to fetch water.

I was about to leave his house when he ordered me to lie on his bed that we are about to do some exercise.

To my surprise, he asked me to undress; before I knew what was happening, he had climbed on me and then turned me around and made straight for my anus with his manhood.

After that incident, he threatened to kill me if I report to anybody about what transpired between us.

I joined the Super Warrior Football Club, Agege, Lagos, in February 2015 in order to be a great footballer, but after noticing the person of the coach, I stopped going for training,” he said.

Another victim told PUNCH that Darlington threatened him that he (victim) would die if he told anyone about the sodomy.

The 18-year-old said he was forced to tell his mother when Darlington made it a habit.

“He always had sex with me and with most of us. He started last year. The first time he approached me was after a training session. We were on the football pitch and he said my performance was bad and I should meet him at home for a discussion.

When I went, he and two boys were at home. His wife did not stay with him. He sent the two boys on an errand and asked me to come into his room. He then instructed me to remove my trousers, and he molested me.

He did not use any protection. He did not give me any money, but he threatened that I would die if I told anyone. I cannot count how many times he had done this to me. I told my mother when I was tired of his abuse. My mother reported him at the police station,” the victim said.

Photo Credit: PUNCH

1. Marian

November 22, 2016 at 10:08 am

Ummm…i feel like there is more to this story. Your average athletic 18yo should be able to take this guy or at least put up a good fight. Did he use jazz for them?? How can someone tell an 18yo to undress without a gun to his head and he just did it? Naija guy for that matter. Can you even do anal just like that with no lubrication?
    Glad he was caught sha. Hope they all got tested for HIV.

• A Real Nigerian

November 22, 2016 at 10:17 am

“Can you even do anal just like that with no lubrication?”
      Yes. If the receiver has diarrhea.

• Marian

November 22, 2016 at 10:29 am

OMG! Lol. Why? Smh at you. I now feel bad for laughing because this is a very sad case.

• Ellena

November 22, 2016 at 10:49 am

Imagine what pain these young boys were subjected to. Smh

• viv

November 22, 2016 at 11:29 am

lol!!!!!!your nasty

• tunmi

November 22, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Stop it right there. Rape is about power. This was someone who abused their trust. Focus on that. The coach abused his authority. He admitted to it, what else is the doubt for?

2. A Real Nigerian

November 22, 2016 at 10:08 am

“I always make love to these boys through their anus because whenever I feel sexual urge”

“The very first time he made love to me was when I went to assist him to fetch water.”

Rape is now referred to as lovemaking?

• Ellena

November 22, 2016 at 10:48 am

Exactly what I wanted to ask…

3. Dash

November 22, 2016 at 10:12 am

Castrate! then arrest! crazy people everywhere. how is the loss of your wife the reason, you defile young boys. Anuofia!

• James

November 23, 2016 at 1:08 am

He said he was doing it with the boys whenever he thinks of his wife. He goes on to say it is not easy staying without a woman. Really. In all of Lagos, he couldn’t find a woman to satisfy his sexual urge that he had to do it with young innocent boys. Some of those boys ate probably ruined for life and may end up doing it to other younger boys.

I bet you his wife figured him out a long time and that is likely why they separated. He is a closet paediphile and has been at this for a long time. He is to be used as an example to deter others.

Until the government passes a law of capital punishment for people who commit such crimes, it won’t stop.

4. edoman

November 22, 2016 at 10:20 am

i don’t see any thing like rape here. Just an adult abusing his position in society, Very rampant these days!

• tunmi

November 22, 2016 at 2:43 pm

It’s rape. There was no consent here.

• Ada

November 22, 2016 at 3:06 pm

You really are very wicked and unempathetic aren’t you? Typical Nigerian.

• For the Green White Green.

November 22, 2016 at 7:28 pm

@Ada, I AM a full-blooded Nigerian, and wickedness and lack of empathy are NOT “”typical”” of me neither of very many Nigerians I know. Kindly ALWAYS speak for yourself alone if this is the sort of ignorant, self-hating, bigoted, trollop you have to say. Thank you.

5. Chemical castration

November 22, 2016 at 10:40 am

I recommend chemical castration with that he wouldn’t have to break the trust and hurt any of our children again.

• Dee

November 22, 2016 at 6:51 pm

I’m telling you… my heart aches for the poor boys who just wanted to play a sport they loved, only to be subjected to these horrors

6. moh

November 22, 2016 at 10:45 am

I taya ooo

7. moh

November 22, 2016 at 10:49 am

Something is obviously wrong, cos i don’t understand MEN this days

8. john

November 22, 2016 at 11:51 am

pls can someone tell me the difference between a paedophile and a homosexual/lesbianism..bcos I canr see any difference bcos 97%statted like this even in boarding schools

• Anon

November 22, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Paedophilia – non-consensual sex with minors. Forced. Raped.
      Homosexuality/lesbianism – consensual sex with the same gender. Not forced.

I hope you have learned something today…

• Anon

November 22, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Paedophilia – non-consensual sex with minors. Forced. Raped.
      Homosexuality/lesbianism – consensual sex with the same gender. Not forced.

I hope you have learnt something today…

9. Anon

November 22, 2016 at 12:26 pm

Dear BN, please delete the one with “I hope you have learned something today…” Thanks.

• Mohammad

November 22, 2016 at 2:17 pm

They are both correct. as were you in the main thrust of your comment. Thanks for schooling John and others who do not or pretend not to know.

From the Oxford Dictionaries website (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/learnt-vs-learned): “These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Both are acceptable, but learned is often used in both British English and American English, while learnt is much more common in British English than in American English.”

• Anon

November 22, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Grew up using learnt! I prefer it to learned which sounds American. Ta.

10. artklub

November 22, 2016 at 2:24 pm

just to relieve himself – ruining lives! abusers should not be treated with mercy.

11. rain

November 22, 2016 at 2:31 pm

castrate the idiot

12. tunmi

November 22, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Also BN what kind of heading is this? Why couldn’t give this article the same heading you would give if it were a male rapist and a female rapist? The adjective “randy” makes light of what he did. And defining is not as strong as rape or sexual assault

• Dee

November 22, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Agreed. This should be called exactly what it is.

13. o

November 22, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Imagine the number of boys that didn’t report. I also find it strange the first victim referred to it as love making. He might have been brainwashing them too, for a grown boy to describe it so

14. kiki

November 23, 2016 at 12:08 pm

I really cannot imagine the emotional torture this children and their families are going through.