News

Adherence to Biblical Principles will exempt you from Impending “economic holocaust”- Bishop Oyedepo

BellaNaija.com

Bishop David Oyedepo

Bishop David Oyedepo

The President of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, said the current economic challenges in the country could only be overcome through a strict adherence to Biblical principles.

Oyedepo made this declaration in Canaanland, headquarters of the church during the celebration service of its annual Shiloh programme in the early hours of Saturday.

The five-day prayer retreat, which began in Ota on December 6, had the theme: “My case is different”.

Oyedepo told the annual prophetic gathering of the members of the church that “it looks tough presently but it is going to get tougher in the days to come.”

The bishop said that only those who were prepared to walk with God and obey His divine instruction that would be exempted from the scourge of the impending “economic holocaust”.

He advised all Christians, especially Living Faith Church members, to be faithful to covenant principles of wealth creation as enshrined in the holy Bible.

“It is only those who are obedient to the covenant of God that will escape the impending holocaust ravaging the world’s economy. Obedience to the terms of covenant will put you in total command. When all your obedience is fulfilled, all oppositions are  brought down,” he said.

The presiding bishop told the congregation which included over 2,000 delegates from 44 countries from around the world that economic woes were not new to the world.

He cited the example of the Egyptians as recorded in the  Bible in Genesis 47: 15 – 19.

“However, from scriptures, all the children of the covenant, who walk according to Biblical truth, will always enjoy exemptions from the gross darkness and evils plaguing the world. The world has already been plunged into darkness but gross darkness will soon creep in,” Oyedepo said.

He appealed to Christians to move closer to God and to obey Him totally as  the only way to get their desired blessings.

1. Prince Charming

December 10, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Adherence to biblical principles will exempt you from impending….. What biblical principles? Tithing, offering and first fruit offering right? I hear you Sir!

• Ethio

December 11, 2016 at 5:57 am

LOL exactly

2. Xyz

December 10, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Yes sir! That’s my Bishop.
    To everyone reading this, Shiloh is not just a church event, it’s an encounter with destiny. No matter your denomination or church, please try to be a partaker at the next Shiloh and you will never regret it! Jesus is Lord!!!

3. A Real Nigerian

December 10, 2016 at 5:33 pm

This fraudster needs to shut his mouth up.

4. Beard gang

December 10, 2016 at 5:38 pm

this idea that impoverished, less-fortunate christians are not true christians loved by God because there is something pious they are not doing is so ridiculous ehn… or that a woman’s womb has not bore fruits means she is not sanctified enough or is a condemned sinner or must have done something so terrible in her past so God is punishing her is completely fallacious and totally unchristian.. if you follow biblical principles the economic situation won’t hit you..is that how it works? **shakes head** the poor widow who gave her last coins nkor? she was not following biblical principles… wealth is not the only blessing from God! endurance and long- suffering are associated with christianity.. we are not blessed because we earned it but because God’s grace is sufficient and kind.. God bless us all

• Darius

December 10, 2016 at 5:50 pm

I totally agree! Even the Bible says “blessed are the poor…” what this means is that poverty is not a curse. Even Jesus recognizes that there will always be “the poor”.

• Nv

December 10, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Thank you, jare!! All these ‘prosperity’ preachers.

• Natu

December 11, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Poverty is not a curse? My dear, poverty is not God’s will for your life. Prosperity is not just about money. Do not limit God to your bank account. God wants you to prosper in your marriages, careers, academics, spirituality, health, relationships, financially and so on and so forth.
      The devil is really the prince of this world. He has blinded even believers to not partake in the blessings of God.

5. Ariel

December 10, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Going to Shiloh gave me so much hope and assurance! Biblical principles of Obedience, Faith and Love and access to Divine secrets will make my case different in spite of the recession!

6. Ima

December 10, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Of course, any Christian knows that strict adherence to God’s principles will preserve you in hard times because the bible says we shall lack no good thing. I wonder why people get upset at the mention of offerings,tithes and giving. Oyedepo didn’t make them up, they’re in the bible and they produce fruits. As a Christian you can’t subtract yourself from giving,if you have a problem with giving in the church, give to humanity but you must understand that giving is a law for prosperity. People give to God’s Kingdom because God has vowed several times in the bible to multiply those sacrifices. I understand that people are upset because men of God are wealthy from their offerings but then again will God come down from heaven to collect your monetary offerings? I mean He is God,he doesn’t need them, He owns everything. You can only sow these seeds in His house for you to see blessings. This is not to say that giving is the only way to be blessed, there are several other laws like Hardwork, Faith,service etc and they also produce fruits. One thing I actively practice is giving not only to my church (Daystar Christian Centre ) but also to humanity because my bible says it is more blessed to give than to receive. Quit insulting men of God, it’ll only fill you with bitterness and may land you curses from above. Bye people ?

• A Real Nigerian

December 10, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Oyedepo is a charlatan hiding under Christianity to extort money from the poor, the simple-minded and the greedy. There, said it.
      Waiting on that curse from above.

• Ima

December 10, 2016 at 7:06 pm

To everyman his own! If you think he extort money, good for you. About the issue of curses, they come in different ways, God decides! No one is God. His ways are higher than our ways. A person may experience the curse of stagnation, illness etc many many years after a certain offence and might not even remember what he did wrong. Even the bible warns us to be careful with our tongue. If you are a Christian, read the bible more and understand it’s teachings,it gives peace beyond understanding. Thank you

• Anonymous

December 11, 2016 at 12:26 pm

I don’t usually do this, but I think you need to really stop the words you are saying. You are not God, no one made you a judge of him. If what he says doesn’t sit well with you…move along.
      If you read your bible, there were curses for those who insulted a man of God, you may not support his ministry or the doctrine he preaches…but name calling, I think you are wayyyyyyy out of line.
      He didn’t shove it down your throat, this is his revelation. It has worked for him and is working for him.

My advice. God bless us.

• Lav

December 12, 2016 at 10:15 am

Your foolishness is really exercising its limits. Mr. Complex minded

• Bimbo

December 11, 2016 at 1:34 am

Ima, if God doesn’t need your money why are you tithing ? Ok , got it ! The pastor needs it ! Sorry I asked.

7. Amaka

December 10, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Blessed are the poor in spirit.

8. nene

December 10, 2016 at 7:06 pm

it’s funny how these “prosperity pastors” preach that my God is not poor, every christia must be rich, etc! the bible says it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. the bible actually favours poor people/poverty. again, poverty, like wealth, is personal. the recession will affect all, christian, atheists, agnostic.

• Ima

December 10, 2016 at 7:18 pm

I just noticed we have the same avatar in different colours. .cool. the Bible favours all both rich and poor. My bible says and I quote ” Beloved I wish above ALL Things that though mayest PROSPER and BE IN HEALTH even AS THY SOUL PROSPERS” This simply means that even as we thrive to have a functional working and very real relationship with God (which is what prospers the soul ) God also wants us to be prosperous in what we set our hands on to do on earth while we remain in good health. That’s not to say the if we’re poor God loves us less. The Bible also further encourages us to covert (aspire for) good things. God wants us to be dreamers of big things, don’t limit yourself. Some people may never become rich I agree but there are other things asides riches to value and cherish like family, your good friends , your job etc. With God even the little things will fill us with peace and only when you find peace in whatever you have will you find satisfaction.

• A Real Nigerian

December 10, 2016 at 7:22 pm

“I just noticed we have the same avatar in different colours”
      But they are not the same though.

9. Jane

December 10, 2016 at 7:29 pm

See unspiritual people making physical and “realistic” conclusions. Sha even the bible say that spiritual things makes no sense to the natural man because natural man is led by his five senses. Spiritual things are nonesnse to them. But a spiritual man knows that life is spiritual. Dey there. All prophetic word has indicated that this recession is just beginning. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Listen all you who have ears!

10. Ima

December 10, 2016 at 7:35 pm

At first glance I’d have sworn they’re the same. @realNigerian ain’t you quite a handful with sharp eyes. Thanks anyway

11. Mrx

December 10, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Offering time blessing time. Dude needs the money to flow. I pity the gullible once.

12. Mycaseisdifferent

December 10, 2016 at 9:01 pm

It doesn’t matter how many people are settling for d hard time,my case is different… Everyone has right to their believes, I don’t think anyone shud try to impose or discourage people from their belief…this is religion,you’re free to choose what and who you follow,that’s why there are thousands of churches out there to choose from,this completely relates to the time of Noah(the ark)…My case is different!!!

13. Olivia Ruth

December 10, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Traffic! Traffic! Traffic! The struggle for traffic is real BN in this harsh economic times, smh.

Of course that is the headliner you pick.

The danger of one sidedness.

But hey, let me not knock your hustle, this buys your bread…

14. Sammie

December 10, 2016 at 11:01 pm

We practice the religion of the people who colonized and enslaved us. Surely, we are smarter than this! It was Bible on one hand, Gun on the other.

It was mind control to keep the slaves engaged while they picked cotton.

• EE

December 11, 2016 at 1:56 am

Learn your history properly.

15. Ladoju

December 11, 2016 at 12:29 am

Did the Bible encourage slavery? No my friend. Muslims bomb and they say oh its one person dont judge every muslim by it you will agree. But one pastor will make mistake we wont hear word. In govt in religion ppl leaders take advantage of their subjectss. In islam Buddhism Hinduism its there tge difference is that Christians are more expressive more population and are more blessed. You can verify. There are billionaire imams with poverty stricken subjects oh yes. Monks beg for arms even when they’re funded by Govt in some countries. In other news I would always criticise xhristians I was learning from my uncle who I lived with he was Catholic then became an atheist. He hated this offering and tithe thing and I agreed with him. Well after 35years he is back to church Pentecostal sef, worse off. I asked myself what happened to the money. He helped ppl too but he is the least amongst his peers. Due to this I wasnt a tither well God doesn’t punish his children he rewards hardwork I had a friend who always told me of tithing I never listened well.she had jobs she has been sacked too but she got a better job amd dats how it has bn working for her. My dear bretgren I repented o. It’s still a struggle for me though. Buy I will rather give God . Its not a mandatory requirement its just a decision infact you can tithe 5 percent but its a decision springinh from a relationship with God not from the words of mortals.

• Dtruth

December 12, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Bia nwokem @ Ladoju..Did u just ask if the bible encouraged slavery and answered no to your ignornace? There are more than 25 verses in the bible encouraging slavery…I will just give u maybe 3 from the New testament before you come back with that mumu arguement that its old testament ….Religious ppl are real mental health patients I tell you….

Colossians, chapter 3, verse 22:
      Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord. Whatever your task, work heartily…

Titus, chapter 2, verse 9
      Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect etc etc

1 peter , chapter 2, verse 18

Slaves in reverant fear of God, submit to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh etc etc etc.

Una mumu too much . Have a great day good slave.

16. Staying Vigilant

December 11, 2016 at 3:32 am

Fact: There is famine in Nigeria now.
    Lesson: Make sure you are engaged in some type of work
    Fact: It will get worse before it gets better.
    Fact: Those in ‘Noah’s Ark’ will not even feel it
    Lesson: It is way better to be on God’s side than to stand alone.
    Fact : The bible is the only dependable compass for navigating these stormy waters.
    Lesson : Don’t miss a gathering you believe in where God is worshipped and His word read.
    Fact: No need attacking who you don’t really know, focus on your own revelation and make an impact in lives before your portion of life allocated to you is over. Use your time wisely.

Summary
    Time, opportunities, resources, network etc is been given to everyone in this journey of life. How you choose to use these resources, you will be held accountable by the giver.
    It’s not a party leaving this earth, it is an individual journey. You will be leaving alone. Make your time count. Choose wisely.

Stay Vigilant.

17. Oyinlola

December 11, 2016 at 7:28 am

I don’t get this thing BN is doing. We have had two Oyedepo news in 2 days. I don’t agree With some things the Bishop says which is why I stopped going to the church but I don’t like this idea of using pastors as headlines for your readers To make all sorts of comments. He wasn’t addressing the whole world, he was talking to his congregation, people who believe in God and him.
    Im all for calling out people but plz BN, let’s lay off these pastors especially when their words ain’t hurting anyone

18. NYC

December 12, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Surely God will bless you “Natu,Ima,Jane and Staying vigilant”. You have saved me from writing an epistle here by saying all I would have…I smh to see how people are truly blind to the things of God and fighting the flesh and blood of pastors. The same they did in the days of Noah calling him stupid,foolish,thief,liar etc is what these ones are doing today.. the flood of economic holocaust will surely come as the lord said in revelations and billions will not survive it..

19. Dtruth

December 12, 2016 at 5:43 pm

@NYC……Another blind sheep…Do you know how many species of animals in the animal kingdom? We are talking abt a projection of 2 million to 50 million…As a matter of fact in this year alone, at least 10 species of animals like walking catfish, two legged lizard, beelzebub bat etc were discovered…There are still more out there especially in the sea. And you believe that ancient myth all animals were fit in a boat/ship? Receive sense abeg…Try reading a real book and not fiction….Noah is just as real as Father Christmas…They have the same white beard nah

• molarah

December 13, 2016 at 10:00 am

But you know there are 13 different definitions of the word “specie”, right? Stop following confused scientists and search for the truth for yourself.

20. Abuwa Joel

December 13, 2016 at 10:00 am

This is simple Logic, but due to personal experiences and probable weakness of faith causing a deterrent in believe many have refused to come to terms with the truth. In life, there are seed times and harvest times. the most difficult times are the times chosen to sow. and clearly if you sow you will receive harvest. so if you have a problem with sowing into Gods vineyard then by all means keep your money to yourself. But if you believe then please sow with me. After all it is what you believe that works for you. People share testimonies and yet people still doubt because they havn’t experienced the results first hand. I have, sowing works.
    I wonder why it is acceptable to go to herbalists with offerings or sacrifices and not be comfortable with doing same to the almighty who doesn’t require blood.

sowing doesn’t exempt you from hard work, it Just releases grace to work right and opens you up to opportunities. If you sow and dont work out your blessing. your poverty will still be worn as a fragrance then you result in reigning abuses on the men of God, when you have failed to either understand or comply completely with the principles.
    Judge yourself, if you have ever gone down by giving to the cause of the kingdom after following the requirements of diligence.
    When harvest time comes, only those of who will reap. You cant fool God.