This recipe by Aroma of Zanzibar for cheesecake with blueberry topping is perfect for your New Year dinner table, why not give it a try? You can replace the blueberries with any other fruit of your choice!
Preheat your oven to 400F/200C
For the Crust:
- 2 Cups crushed gram crackers or digestive biscuits
- 3 Tbls melted butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
Spread in an 8 or 9 inch spring form (depending how tall you like your cheese cake to be) if you are using a normal baking pan, you will need to line it up with parchment paper.
Mix the crumbs with melted butter.
Spread the crumbs evenly and bake for about 5-7 mins. Let it cool before you pour the cheese cake batter.
Bring your oven down to 350F/180C and set a rack on a middle shelf
For the Filling:
- lb. 2 ounces cream cheese ( 2 cups + 4 Tbl)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or lemon zest if you wish
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream (16 oz)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp lemon/orange zest
Watch the Video