BN TV

EPIC! This Couple’s Surprise Wedding Dance to Yemi Alade’s “Johnny” is Trending – WATCH

BellaNaija.com

BellaNaija shared this video on our @bellanaijaonline Instagram page yesterday and since then it has gone viral.

Bride Katy is a dancer and dance teacher, she’s the principal at Rhythm State Academy in North London. At she and her hubby Jeff‘s wedding, friends were curious about whether the dance-loving pair would do a choreographed dance and they actually planned not to do one.

However, Katy shares how their surprise performance of Yemi Alade‘s “Johnny” came about.

So we told everyone we weren’t going to do a first dance (as in choreo). Jeff told me he didn’t wana do it because he knew I wouldn’t be able to keep it a secret so last min he said let’s do one! We had like 3 reh (rehearsal) in our front room.

1. Ewa

December 11, 2016 at 3:15 pm

“she’s the Principle of Rhythm State Academy in North London.” Bella, Principle or Principal?

2. Darius

December 11, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Hahahhaa…. crazy, beautiful couple. This is a match made in heaven. With a wife like this, there won’t ever be a dull moment. Nice moves! She nailed it. Infact, she killed it!

• Hmmmm

December 12, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Why do we get so impressed when oyibo people are doing normal things? She listens and dances to Yemi Alade just the same way you sing along to Adele. No big deal.
      Yeah, the notion of white people can’t dance is slowly fading away because they are putting more effort in. It’s all about interest and effort.

3. TeeS

December 11, 2016 at 3:30 pm

I’m a victim of a black girl that can’t dance to save her life

• Darius

December 11, 2016 at 4:01 pm

You’ve to learn how to dance. Trust me, it’s not that hard.

• Marlvina

December 11, 2016 at 4:11 pm

LOL well, these days we have YouTube and instagram to learn dance moves. Practice makes perfect.

4. vora

December 11, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Wow fantastic video,lively couple…Professor Ewa,did u enjoy the video or not ..i hope ur bank acct is as big as ur knowlegde of English

• A Real Nigerian

December 11, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Typical Nigerian mentality.

• Muse

December 11, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Emmmm, over 150 likes by just one person. BN you’ve to fix the like button.

• A Real Nigerian

December 11, 2016 at 5:07 pm

You gave me the likes to frame me up. It is showing 64 likes as I write this, probably waiting for the other 90+ likes to load. So how did you know it was 150? That’s right, because you were the one who gave those likes. You are not as smart as you think you are. Stop behaving like a kid.

• Prince Charming

December 11, 2016 at 3:59 pm

@Vora, lolzzzzzzzzzzz…. good question!

• Ewa

December 11, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Hi Vera, the little knowledge I have acquired is worth more then my bank account. My advice – always strive for excellence….

• Ewa

December 11, 2016 at 9:35 pm

*than my bank account

5. www.ckjacob.com

December 11, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Couple made for each other.
    Sometimes, Love can be a beautiful thing.
    I wish them many years together with adorable kids.

6. Ottawa Queen

December 11, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Aww. This was so much fun to watch. Lovely couple. I’m asking myself can I do this in front of my guests?

7. molarah

December 11, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Love the energy.

We really should rename this couple’s first dance segment of the wedding to couple’s first performance.

8. Muse

December 11, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Real Nigerian, a mistake, 50 likes and not 150, and yes I did give you those likes, but to frame you up?? Who.are you that I should frame?? What does that even mean?

“Frame up” – This is the most ridiculous shyte I’ve read all day!

• A Real Nigerian

December 11, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Not the first time someone has accused me of giving myself likes. I thought that was what you were doing.
      Sorry I guess. ?

9. Real Nigerian is right this time

December 11, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Sadly true. The emphasis is all on bank accounts and alerts instead of values like continuous improvement and excellence. Yes, money is necessary, but we also need to recover a desire for true excellence. If no one points out our mistakes, how do we improve? BN corrected the error which shows they care about doing better.

10. A

December 11, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Iranu. Enough. Will the same accolade awarded to a black guy doing country dance? Iranu ati oshi. Slave mentality. Will a black bride be celebrated if she waltzed? Piss off.

11. Tru

December 12, 2016 at 12:36 pm

It’s really nice to see something positive come out of Naija into the mainstream, for a change. Maybe music and dance will end up being the vehicle for actual change.

12. Blizjoan

December 14, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Wonderful Couple. God Bless your home

13. uGOOO

December 15, 2016 at 10:09 pm

ALL I SEE IS AN INFERIOR COMPLEX COON DANCING WITH THE DEVIL….WHY DO WE STRESS OYIBO VALUATION ?

• Ij

December 24, 2016 at 10:37 pm

The only person with a complex here is you. Give yourself some love,make bad belle no kill you

14. Sayo

January 30, 2017 at 8:32 pm

You people are funny sha
    So you dont think we would have appreciated them if the both of them were blacks?
    Why did iyabo ojo and her daughter trend then?
    #BYFORCEHATEWHITES!!!