Relationships

Triple Testimory! Popular Hair Stylist’s Divorced Parents Reunited at his Housewarming/30th Birthday

BellaNaija.com

Everyone in the Nigerian wedding industry knows Tobi of Tobbie’s Touch. The self-taught bubbly hair stylist who learned via YouTube is truly gifted.

What people didn’t know however is how he had a childhood marred by his parents’ divorce.

His mother and father hadn’t taken a photo together for 11 years since they split, until they met again at his housewarming in Omole Phase 1, Lagos.

And just like a movie, they are now back as a couple. Read his triple testimony.

***
PLEASE READ: ABOUT THE BEST 30TH BIRTHDAY GIFT GOD GAVE ME THAT MONEY CAN’T BUY #tobbieis30 ? “Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can’t always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith”. My whole world came crashing when my parent broke up 11 years ago (2005) . I felt I lost it all when they got divorced officially in 2010….my worst nightmare?
My heart bled , I felt so lonely in this world , i had to hustle for survival even when I was in the university (I was a bus conductor and also a fish seller)…just to make some money to pay my school fee? But thank God for my talent (hair styling) which I learnt from YOU TUBE! ..YES, I LEARNT HAIR STYLING ONLINE…I survived and graduated from university?

My parent became cat and rat when they broke up so you can imagine how tough it was for me!
Fast forward to the day I took my parent to my very own house ?they had their first eye contact after years of separation and the devil was put to shame.? TO GOD BE THE GLORY, MY PARENTS ARE BACK???? ..This is their first picture together after over 11 years.. Right inside my very own house .

MY BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER.
Should I call this a pre wedding shoot? || Makeup by @isleovtea || Photography by @xhstudios ?????????????????????? #ThankyouLord
#Allthingsarepossible #Goddidit #awesomeGod

1. Paul Adeyemo

December 21, 2016 at 9:37 am

Great story, sweet story. God. Thank God for your parents. Thank God your mum is not a feminist. Feminist are the ones destroying marriages in Nigeria.

• Peter

December 21, 2016 at 9:52 am

What does Feminism have to do with this story. Dont be a party pooper. Just enjoy the story

• Peculiar Okafor

December 21, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Paul, 2017 is your year. May the lord deliver you from extreme attention seeking

• Amaka

December 21, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Praise God. This is what we want to hear. There is hope for failed marriages. Enough of divorce.

• Corolla

December 21, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Lol @paul Adeyemo. In your demented mind, you made sense, abi? God knows I needed that comic relief. Lmao.

• EC

December 21, 2016 at 8:36 pm

What a mumu this Paul person. Feminist comment? Indeed in 2017 you will becomr wiser

• Ebere

December 22, 2016 at 12:24 am

You definitely have mummy issues…Pele.

• Ebere

December 22, 2016 at 12:25 am

Paul Adeyemo, you definitely have mummy issues…..Pele.

2. Marlvina

December 21, 2016 at 9:40 am

Oh wow! May your joy be full and may you never encounter any more heartbreaks. May God knit your parents together in love and harmony.

3. Dee

December 21, 2016 at 9:54 am

Very heartwarming story. God bless them.

4. .....just saying

December 21, 2016 at 10:12 am

Congratulatios to your folks. I hope they actually see a counsellor and talk things out appropriately though, because sometimes those butterflies return and they fly right out after some months. But with full forgiveness and proper resolution on what caused the problems and how they can be mitigated in their new future. They will last forever. all the best

5. oo

December 21, 2016 at 10:15 am

What the Lord has joined together, Let no man put asunder

6. john

December 21, 2016 at 10:20 am

the man still looks unhappy and is trying to force a smile…agreed with someone who says they should go for proper conseling

7. Baymax

December 21, 2016 at 11:08 am

Hate to be a spoilsport but this does not mean they are back together. They just took a picture together to please their son.

Besides, where were they when their son was becoming a bus conductor, a fish seller and a hair stylist just to finish university? What kind of irresponsible, selfish parents are these? Now, through no help from them, their son has become successful and has built a house, it’s now they want to form togetherness. Abeg, I know their type. Forming “parents” when all is well. Tomorrow, he’ll get married and they’ll try to interfere in the marriage.

It’s a good thing when couples reconcile but abeg Tobi, guard your heart because if you’re not careful, they will disappoint you.

• nene

December 21, 2016 at 4:49 pm

gbam

8. Iya

December 21, 2016 at 1:20 pm

?? Tobbie’s touch is owned by a guy? Wowwww ???

9. tunmi

December 21, 2016 at 2:30 pm

??????????

10. Tosin

December 21, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Life is short, let everybody try and be happy.
    Happy that the Tobby dude is happy about this photo. Pele my dear about all that you had to go through (which only made you what? made you that much stronger.) Pele.
    Merry Christmas everyone.