BBNWonderland

Love from the First Date! #BBNWonderland Bride Antoinette and Christopher’s Amazing Wedding & Love Story

Antoinette met Christopher on October 1st 2015, and exactly one year later, she was a bride-to-be at Wonderland!

The memories of #BBNWonderland – Baileys Nigeria and BellaNaija Weddings’ enchanted event on October 1, 2016 still have us smiling from ear to ear, and we smile even harder when we see the brides-to-be are now married.

We loved meeting the 30-plus beautiful, accomplished and unique #BBNWonderland brides from all over Nigeria, and we are happy to celebrate with them on their weddings.

#TheQueenAndTheCaptain are both from Etsako in Edo State. Here’s their love story and beautiful wedding and amazing love story.

Baileys Nigeria and BellaNaija Weddings wishes Antoinette and Chris a beautiful and blessed life as One.

***

~ Photography: B.lawz StudiosOur Love Story
from Antoinette
Where do I start really? How about the day we spoke. October 1st, 2015. I had received a call from a friend asking me if I had a boyfriend and telling me one of his friends wanted my number. Initially, I was like “Gosh. These boys have come again”. I had been single for 4 years – I knew what I wanted from God, I was sure of his promises for me and I wasn’t going to settle for anything less. So I asked the basics –

What’s his name? Surname?

Where did he see me?

What exactly does he want?

Is he a Christian and I don’t mean church-goer?

What does he do?

Is he fine?

Lol! I was a bit skeptical but I gave my friend the permission to give this “new guy” called Chris my number. After the phone call, I proceeded to wear my Detective Cap immediately. Google to the rescue! I didn’t find much except for his LinkedIn profile. Bummer.

I had thought Chris would act like the typical boy who would take ages to call (after begging for your number o! Forming will now start. Idongerrit) but he called me almost immediately. We clicked. Which is something rare for me especially with “prospective toasters”. Maybe it was due to the fact that he asked if he could take me out for a “meal” and I was like, what age are you from please? Who still uses the word “meal”? Are you a vampire? Lol. He called me razz and said it was Jand (England) English. Right.

Wow, I’m only on the day we spoke still? Okay, let me speed this up a little…
So I agreed to going out for a meal with Chris and we set a date. He came to pick me up and the first thing I noticed was his very “yellow” hand. Then my eyes travelled up to his face. Niiiice. I liked what I saw. Totally different from his LinkedIn profile photo (Thank goodness, he has changed it now. I made sure of it). Talking to Chris felt… natural. We were so real around each other and it really was the best date I had ever been on. Chris went straight to the point about his intentions and I was attracted to his boldness. I felt at peace about this guy, something I had never felt before. By the time he dropped me home, we both didn’t want to leave each other’s sight.The next couple of weeks was like a whirlwind. We spoke on the phone A LOT! (Gosh, I wonder how we did it then) mainly because our relationship was pretty much “long distance” – he lived on the mainland part of Lagos while I lived on the island. If you live in Lagos, you know that’s long distance. But that helped our relationship. We made sure to spend time on weekends. I was attracted to his personality – especially his love for God which showed in his actions. I always prayed for an honest man with integrity that would not only respect my purity but protect it. I knew he was the One, and I knew he knew I was the One. Haha. Our love grew deeper and 3 weeks later, he officially asked me to be his girlfriend.Chris and I both knew we were going to get married afterwards. There’s no way in the world I would have said yes to being his girlfriend if I wasn’t sure he was going to be my husband. He asked me to marry him on the 8th of May, 2016. I was having the worst day and he asked to take me out so I could clear my head. I should have figured out what was about to happen because he was acting so weird. We were done eating and about leaving when my friend walked in. Immediately, it dawned on me and I started screaming. HAHAHA. He got down on one knee and I honestly don’t remember anything he said. Scratch that. I didn’t hear anything he said. Till he asked if I would marry him and I screamed, “Yes of course!”.

We said “Yes” to forever traditionally in November and in church on the 27th of December. I am certain our marriage will stand regardless of what may come because our foundation is sure and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life walking purposefully in the plans God has for us both.Our Love Story
from Christopher
It was September 2015 and I was single and searching (not even going to front. Lol). I had just gotten off the phone with my mom asking me when I would bring a lady home for marriage and I had said a prayer to Baba God to pick up my call, when I opened my Instagram. I saw this very interesting picture appear on my Explore page. I decided to click on the picture and found myself on Antoinette’s page. With every other click through more of her pictures, I became more curious to find out who she really was. Her posts were not typical and for someone who had so many “followers”, it didn’t seem like she was selling something.Already being very curious, I was faced with a dilemma. Should I DM her? Will that really be the best approach? Then through a stroke of luck (well, hard work actually because I went through virtually all her pictures), I saw a comment by a friend on one of her pictures. They seemed to be cordial, so I knew that was my inroad. (Meanwhile, she later told me that if I had gone through the DM approach, it would have been a NO NO. Thank God for saving me.)

Days later, I was having a telephone conversation with her and asking her out for a ‘meal’. Our first meal/date went very well and I hadn’t felt so comfortable with anyone on the first date. That’s when I started to have the feeling that something special could be brewing. I did my background check (you can’t blame me, this is Lagos) and I was very happy with the feedback. Antoinette ticked all the boxes for me.Few weeks later (including many hours spent on the telephone), we started dating officially. I genuinely believe it was the best thing that had happened to me and God caused our paths to cross that fateful morning I saw her picture on my Explore page. By the time I proposed in May, I had long known that Antoinette was the love of my life and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Fast forward to December and that journey began with me promising to always do right by my Queen (So help me, God). Cheers to a great future to us!White Wedding Traditional Wedding

My BBN Wonderland Experience
#BBNWonderland was such an amazing experience! I had gotten a couple of tags from some friends on Instagram and after putting it off for so long, I finally applied on one of those nights when sleep chose not to be my friend. Boy, am I glad I did. I had been through a lot of stress from planning my wedding myself and I sure was in need of some pampering. And pampering I got!

Portfolio Director Spirits and RTD Guinness Nigeria – Adenike Adebola, Antoinette, Baileys Nigeria Brand Manager Ufuoma Udjoh and BellaNaija Weddings Editor Ink Eze

Baileys and BellaNaija went all out. From the invites to our stay at Intercontinental Hotel, everything was top notch. Reception, slumber party, fooooood, free makeup and hair by BM|Pro, lots and lots of goodies! Oh my. I felt like Royalty. Best part? I got to meet 30 beautiful ladies who were all so friendly and we’ve grown to all be supportive of each other. BBNWonderland is definitely one experience I would not be forgetting in a hurry.

Thank you so much Baileys Nigeria and BellaNaija.

#BBNWonderland brides at Rolake’s Wedding in November! Antoinette is in the middle.

***

2nd Reception Dress and Bridesmaids Dresses: Bee Creationz | @beecreationz

1. gloria

January 9, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Very lovely couple, Gob bless your union. Amen

2. Billionaire in grace

January 9, 2017 at 12:08 pm

i am always a fan of Nigerian traditional weddings

3. me.com

January 9, 2017 at 12:39 pm

runs off to open instagram,facebook and snapchat accounts. I have been dulling. BTW, beautiful pics and God bless your union

4. Nikki

January 9, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Beautiful couple! God bless your marriage forever!

5. miss

January 9, 2017 at 1:09 pm

a man who knows what he wants and isnt afraid to say it. so i just got a text from a potential bae. he said i am making a conscious effort to ignore him, and that i should blame myself if he walks away. meanwhile, in the last days of 2016 , he told me im putting too much pressure on him (coz i like him a lot and i wanted him to know that i like him) after that i decided to lay low with communication with him, didnt want to scare him away, then on 2nd jan he tells me he doesnt plan on being committed to anyone in 2017. i said okay and decided to shift my focus on work, my side hustle and myself AND NOW HES COMPLAINING THAT I DONT GIVE HIM ATTENTION WHEN HE ALSO COMPLAINED THAT I GIVE HIM TOO MUCH ATTENTION.. why is he using this reverse psychology on me and why im i hurt right now… a girl just wants someone who knows what he wants.. sorry for my rant.

you are a beautiful couple. may God bless your home.

• memebaby

January 9, 2017 at 3:34 pm

that is a time waster, pls carry your kaya and leave that man alone.. he will waste your timeee.. peace!

• Baby gurl

January 9, 2017 at 3:36 pm

My dear better borrow leg, pick race and run away with immediate alacrity! The guy is still a boy. Not a man yet. He is not settled in mind. His head space is clouded at the moment. He’s probably distressed and distracted by making money or some other random ish. On to the next one my sister, there are many fishes in the ocean. If the ocean is too big for you try the stream.

• Ije

January 9, 2017 at 3:39 pm

My dear, he is a confused fellow and it is not up to you to “unconfuse” him. A man that takes too long to make up his mind about you has already made up his mind- he doesn’t want you. At least not in the way you want him, therefore, you must move on. There are plenty of men like that and plenty of women in the situation. It’s ok. The right one will come. And when he comes, there will be no confusions. Most of all, you both will have peace about each other.

It is well, darling 🙂

• Bey

January 9, 2017 at 3:47 pm

My dear dat guy doesn’t want you. Good you made a conscious effort to let him go, don’t get ropped in again.
      Before I got married I wasted a yr on a guy who claimed he had too much going on to be in a serious relationship. I was crushed but decided to let him be, stopped communication. Deleted from bb evrythn, cos I didn’t want to be reminded.
      Few mnths later I met my husband who told me his intentions from d get-go. Then this my crush came back, I almost fell again till my friend brout me back to my senses.
      That guy is just going to waste ur time while u keep hoping and praying he’s real. He may even eventually date you, but d rltshp will be one-sided. He will waste ur time for a yr or 2 then dump you.
      When a guy wants u, he wants u. No gimmicks, no long talk.
      You need to do cold turkey on this guy.

• ogeAdiro

January 9, 2017 at 4:36 pm

Baby gurl is correct. Your guy sounds like me. He’s still undecided about what he wants with you. For your sanity, you should be honest with him and tell him that you pulled away because of what he said in December. Force him to define what type of relationship he wants with you. Then you should also define what type of relationship you want with him. Write it down if you must. Make sure to tell him what you want from him even if he says he doesn’t know what he wants from you. If he says he’s not sure of what he wants, tell him that you’ll give him space to figure it out. Him not knowing also means that you’re officially single. Talking about how you feel with the person you’re feeling it for tends to help. I don’t agree with Baby gurl on the moving on to another fish. You have to make sure that this is a dead-end before you move on to another fish otherwise you’re just setting yourself up for too much emotional wahala.
      In fact, part of your 2017 resolution should be to write down the things you need in a relationship. For instance, if commitment is on your list but your guy has said that he doesn’t want commitment, then no need for too much talk.
      Beautiful wedding!!!

• bolintin

January 9, 2017 at 5:16 pm

My friend there is no point in forcing him to decide. Just leave his sorry ass alone. He is a player. Just manipulating you upandan. Just leave him.

If he sorts himself out and you find him ready and serious about commitment later, fine!!! but for now he is just toying with your emotions and feeling gooder than himself.
      RUN! RUN!! RUN!!! My dear.

• esteelauder

January 10, 2017 at 3:43 pm

This sounds exactly like what happened to me towards the end of 2016. I could swear it was the same guy. Pleeeeeease stop wasting your time and energy. The moment I decided to let it go and focus my energy on God and other interests I had before he came along, I had my peace of mind again. Madam, you are the prize and you’re worth fighting for. A guy who likes you won’t waste time making his intentions clear bcos he does not want to lose you. If you allow this guy back into your life without any concrete commitment coming from HIM, the cycle would start again. Plus you know the truth in your heart that you’re giving this guy too much power, pls don’t ignore your instincts. Besides if you start this relationship with you convincing him to be with you, you’d have to keep convincing him throughout the relationship.

• Pamela

January 12, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Gurl that guy hasn’t found himself yet. IGNORE HIM!!! Why is he complaining now? What happened to making an effort (from his own end)? The kinda guts he has… tday he has one thing to say, tomorrow it’s another. Rubbish! U dey manufacture attention ne? If a man wants you, he will come and get you!!!

6. Mo'Diva

January 9, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Wow!!!! Happy married life

7. Rikky

January 9, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Nice. This girl wey bin dey form for white house that year in uniben after winning one of these mushroom peagents. You did well for yourself!

• chinnie

January 10, 2017 at 8:22 pm

BAD BELLE!!!! SHE WAS A RUNNER UP FOR MGBN PRECISELY MISS LA CASERA. GOSH YOUR SUCH A SAD PERSON…

8. Busola Leimu

January 9, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Beautiful! Congrats #thequeenandthecapital

9. Amy

January 9, 2017 at 2:16 pm

This has to be one of my favorite relationship stories. I just love how God put them together and how they keep him at the center of their relationship! And they make a good looking couple too! God bless your marriage and I pray you guys find happiness for as long as you live.

10. Ami:

January 9, 2017 at 2:17 pm

I love this story cause it’s giving me serious hopes. Being single and just hoping that I’ll have a real ad true whirlwind love that WILL LEAD TO MARRIAGE.

11. Singlegirl

January 9, 2017 at 2:45 pm

“I was single and searching …..”. Ladies don’t stress yourself on guys that are not ready to settle down .

12. Rosey

January 9, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Their story made me smile…God bless your union dear?btw off to remove that heavy padlock from my IG?

13. Debbie

January 9, 2017 at 3:28 pm

See my koyejo! The Sholankes looking so good.. Congrats Anto and Chris

14. Baby gurl

January 9, 2017 at 3:38 pm

This woman is soooo beautiful! And I’m a fellow woman o lol. Serious girl crush. Her storytelling style is amazing too. Yellow hand. lol.. So happy for them. God bless your marriage.

15. Olori

January 9, 2017 at 3:41 pm

I want to meet, fall in love and marry a man this year 2017. I don’t know how possible that is but we shall see. I’m very ready. Na man remain. Baba God pick up my call please ??

• Ije

January 9, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Olori,
      From your mouth to God’s ears. Live it, breathe it, believe it and it will be done unto you. I’m looking for the same from God and I have a renewed hope that something special will happen this year.

I wish you well 🙂

• Mahka

January 11, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Olori, are you me…this is my exact prayer; I am ready that I know, na man remain…I pray it happens for us this year Amen, we shall testify.
      I swear, am tired of being single.

• soldouttochrist

January 21, 2017 at 11:51 pm

my prayer too

16. Hordunayor

January 9, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Lovely, Lovelyyyyyyyy, Cute-couple.

17. love doctor

January 9, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Wow! Beautiful photos,did you know,you don’t need to worry about clothes to wear for your pre-wedding shoot/wedding,check @tobequecouture on i.g and fb for me inquiries,they deliver good and quality clothing

18. emerald

January 9, 2017 at 6:34 pm

God bless your home……Oluwa answer my call.done with Msc self employed but no man.2017 must not pass me by oooò God. DNT PUT ME TO SHAME (FRIEND A N FAMILY) R EXCEPTING WHAT I’LL BRING HOME……..

19. nnemummy

January 9, 2017 at 8:10 pm

I love ‘love stories’. Dear Father in Heaven, it is me you daughter. Please settle me maritally in Jesus name. 33 this year and i am so hoping on you to do it for your namesake. Ifechukwude, Ifechukwunyedichie and Ifeanyinachukwu need a mother and father *winks*

20. Obi

January 10, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Im confused. She said if he had sent a DM she wouldnt have responded. So i want to ask , whats the difference between the Chris she fell for that used another approach and the difference between Chris that might have sent a DM. What if there wasn’t a mutual friend to hook them up?. What if Chris’ only option was to send her a DM and for some reasons unknown she refuses to reply the DM as per usual naija babe standard.

Anyways Congrats.

• Miss Ndi

January 10, 2017 at 7:55 pm

There is no difference in the two Chris’s, (or maybe there would have been, who knows?) but there is a difference in the style/medium/manner of approach which is what matters most to some ladies (and the bride in question). It’s not always about forming, its just choice and predisposition to certain behavior. Besides, having a mutual friend hook them up, meant having someone to vouch for him (and that could also have meant some extra piece of mind for her on meeting a stranger).

People are entitled to their choices/opinions/decisions and should not be judged for it especially when you don’t understand the intent or reason behind a choice. That you totally understand or agree with a certain way of behaviour does not mean the next person does or should, and you must respect that.

• Uchendu

January 10, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Because if he had DM’d her, the chances of him sending the same DM to multiple girls would have been higher. By not using that channel, he proved he was not thirsty and that was an advantage. No decent girl wants a thirsty man, many of whom roam freely in girl’s DMs.

21. movici

January 10, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Congrats Chris…. May God bless ur union….

22. chiemeka

January 12, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Hmmm.. Ladies una don talk am finish for here. God knows the best, but one has to be prayerful and seek his face only to be able to identify the wicked ones, cause its only when someone is wicked & heartless that he or she will be in a relationship and pretend, lie all through. .A lot of them out there are something else..Sad what relationships have turned out to be, God is the only one who should direct and give us the wisdom on how to run a relationship.. I no lie una, i have been there, even worse has happened to me, But i no go kill myself. God will give me the bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh, His word said one should not be without thy mate,God will give me mine. MY Story .I met someone who came portraying a picture that he was not in for games, it took me time to accept but after one and all the challenges we went through, no work on his side, having to support, travelling to see him(him doing same), meeting parents when i didn’t think it was necessary (because i was not sure he was ready), then suddenly you start acting like you are pressured.. i will travel , on my way out of town i will never leave with a tangible commitment, for 1 year and months, all because you desired to travel to Canada, i agree he is an intelligent man but most you travel, why not use that money and arrange stuff in this country.. Abeg the story long, shey we break up, him don travel, but he now chats me up and calls me sweety, will check my dp and say i look yummy, i laugh and i smile telling my self player/small boy is here again… it is well… I have never shared this story at alll , but heeey am led too. Lovely couple.

23. Pamela

January 12, 2017 at 9:04 pm

After reading all these comments I’m encouraged! Sometimes i feel like i’m the only single girl who hasn’t dated for a loooong time! Loneliness doesn’t kill i for do die!!! Lmao… oluwa provide a marriageable boo.???